Scotland not interested in Royal Arrival

Comments

• BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    I live in London and I've yet to meet anyone in England who really cares either. Literally everyone at work yesterday just sort of shrugged or said "oh, thats nice". It's not simply a Scottish thing not to care and by saying those who voted yes don't care and those who voted no do is ludicrous, but you know that. I know plenty of No voters who can't stand the Royals and a few Yes who wanted to keep them (which was official policy anyway).

The fact is to most people, and I do mean most, it's just something that happened. Those people who camped outside the hospital draped in Union Flags (which I found funny as by the time she is anywhere near the Throne then I would be very surprised if the Union even exists) can celebrate all they like but it's not a big event in the eyes of the majority of the population. The media hype (which I find disgusting but the Royals are always playing into their hands) gives a very wrong impression that the country actually cares as much as they think we do.

I of course wish them well and hope the child can have a normal upbringing, but no more than I would wish my friends who have babies. The sad thing is that this child won't have a normal life, like we've seen with her brother, who isn't even 2, any chance they can get the press splash his face all over the news. That's not right and I do feel sorry for the Royal children, they simply cannot have a normal upbringing and I feel as though they suffer because of it.
  • *animasana**animasana* Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flower 2 wrote: »
    I am not interested in the Bagpipes or all the screeching sounds they make, but I am happy for those that are.

Oh and Lulu makes me want to 'SHOUT'.

She makes me want to..."BOAK"
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new baby and brother George will be shooting grouse around Balmoral in two decades time, so like 'em or not, you Scots can't avoid 'em.
  • davehunter5davehunter5 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    The new baby and brother George will be shooting grouse around Balmoral in two decades time, so like 'em or not, you Scots can't avoid 'em.
    I welcome the new arrival with open arms :)
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Do you Like Our Oil ?

Not once it's had chocolate bars and pizzas deep fried in it. :(
  • D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What cheek!

We care as much as England and Wales.

Make of that what you will! :D
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »
    What cheek!

We care as much as England and Wales.

Make of that what you will! :D
    Haha :D Best answer I've seen so far :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I hate these anti English threads as much as I hate the anti Scottish threads, play nice.
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's seems to be a lot of people now gleefully stirring up division in the name of peripheral politics rather than focusing on what unites us, under a free secular state. There is too much now dividing us sadly and I don't see the good of it. I have loved visiting and working in Scotland. The people are just the same as the English, the Welsh and the Northern Irish.

Like it or not, we are still British. As May 8th approaches as well, perhaps we should remember that we had to unite under a common purpose or go under a dictatorship.

People may not like alternatives that may await down the road to fill a vacuum. The Islamic State of ( ) anyone?
    Forum Member

Yeah......... coming up here shootin our birds

:p
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »

Ahhhha you tried making a joke there......... failed!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Glasgow YES vote in the referendum was heavily influenced by the Irish/Catholic/rebel vote.

While Catholics comprise 20% of Scotland's population they comprise 50% of Barlinnie's.

[ I didn't say that, I'm just quoting a well known if apocryphal stat ]
  • 2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate these anti English threads as much as I hate the anti Scottish threads, play nice.
    Give davehunter5 and Monty Fuque some credit, they've tried to turn what could have been quite a grubby nationalist hate thread into a good old sectarian one. :cool::o
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    I don't give a toss either. Just another woman having a baby.

Even if she is the future Queen, and she seems like a nice lass as well, it is just a case of another woman having a baby.
  • anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Queen Nicola for president of the UK!
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Can I say the only place I have seen a Chocolate Bar deep fried in batter was down in England years ago, true!!
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Can I say the only place I have seen a Chocolate Bar deep fried in batter was down in England years ago, true!!

Yup. It was the first place i ever saw it as well.

I've seen it probably in one chippy up here in my 38 years on this planet!
    Forum Member
    The Glasgow YES vote in the referendum was heavily influenced by the Irish/Catholic/rebel vote.

While Catholics comprise 20% of Scotland's population they comprise 50% of Barlinnie's.

[ I didn't say that, I'm just quoting a well known if apocryphal stat ]

Me fiend watch what you say on here, I told the truth about Catholics earthier in this thread and got a warning from DS: :confused:
    They don't understand what's going on in the west of Scotland

take care!

Oh I thought I would edit what I said, I meant to say, Catholics in the West Of Scotland :confused::o:confused::p
    Forum Member
    Ahhhha you tried making a joke there......... failed!!

Surely that is a matter of subjectivity? ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me fiend watch what you say on here, I told the truth about Catholics earthier in this thread and got a warning from DS: :confused:
    They don't understand what's going on in the west of Scotland

take care!

Oh I thought I would edit what I said, I meant to say, Catholics in the West Of Scotland^_^

Noted.

Best not mention the boys in charge of Glasgow City Council then ?
    Forum Member
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Yup. It was the first place i ever saw it as well.

I've seen it probably in one chippy up here in my 38 years on this planet!
    We conclude that Scotland's deep-fried Mars bar is not just an urban myth. Encouragingly, we did also find some evidence of the penetrance of the Mediterranean diet into Scotland, albeit in the form of deep-fried pizza.

The Lancet. http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736%2804%2917589-2/fulltext
    Forum Member
    Noted.

Now that is one story, Labour! don't need to say more!!!

All boys (scum) together!!!
  • Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noted.

The Labour party controls Glasgow City Council. What's wrong with that?
    Forum Member
    Cheetah666 wrote: »
    The Labour party controls Glasgow City Council. What's wrong with that?

What school did you go to???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What school did you go to???

Indeed, Our Lady Of The Immaculate Contraption perchance ? :D