ED: Is This The Beginning Of The End For Harriet?

sconescone Posts: 14,850
Forum Member
✭✭
I have a nasty feeling that Ashley will get back together with Laurel and thus this will transpire in Harriet's exit, after all she is no longer a vicar and has no ties to the village other than Ashley.

Laurel is going to build a wedge between Ashley and Harriet because he seems determined to help her and is spending a lot of time with her.

Do we the viewers want to see Laurel back with Ashley? Because I certainly don't. But we all know this is why Laurel was turned into a drunk, something had to split Maurel up because it was always a ridiculous pairing :D

Comments

• AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want to see Laurel and Ashley reunited. I like him with Harriet, they're just a nice, normal couple with no dramas and I like some normality among the dramas. I like Pete and Dan for the same reasons, they're just normal blokes.
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    I like Harriet. I wish we saw more of her. I think she's wasted with Ashley. Maybe she could get with James, now he's single. Emmerdale does struggle at times with what to do with some of their female characters. Harriet, Vanessa, Tracy and. Leyla are a bit like occasional extras now. Seen occasionally but never in a lasting storyline.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of Harriet with James :D What about Rodney?
  • Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    I don't want to see Laurel and Ashley reunited. I like him with Harriet, they're just a nice, normal couple with no dramas and I like some normality among the dramas. I like Pete and Dan for the same reasons, they're just normal blokes.

I totally agree, it's nice to have normal decent characters who have their own plot from time to time but can use their normality to make stories (such as Laurel and drink) more 'normal' and realistic
  • CorstemmeeCorstemmee Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harriet and Ashley are good together.
    I'd hate to see Laurel and Ashley back together.
    Marlon and Laurel should be over for good, and both should stay single for the foreseeable. Imo.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

I can't believe that Kate Oates would introduce a character, spend over a year on a slow burning love story, and break them up within 6 months. I just don't see it happening.

Harriet is already getting sick of Laurel, and I think that this tension is going to come to a head
    with Ashley's car accident. Charlotte Bellamy already said that the effects of that will have it's own storyline largely separate from Laurel's story, so I think it will focus on Ashley and Harriet recovering from his injuries.

I'm willing to eat my words, but I'll go out on a limb with this one. :blush:
  • JohnMc1JohnMc1 Posts: 943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    I have a nasty feeling that Ashley will get back together with Laurel and thus this will transpire in Harriet's exit, after all she is no longer a vicar and has no ties to the village other than Ashley.

Laurel is going to build a wedge between Ashley and Harriet because he seems determined to help her and is spending a lot of time with her.

Do we the viewers want to see Laurel back with Ashley? Because I certainly don't. But we all know this is why Laurel was turned into a drunk, something had to split Maurel up because it was always a ridiculous pairing :D

I think that window of opportunity to reunite them has long since closed. Too much has happened to just put them back together again and pretend like the last few years have ever happened.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Harriet and hope that even if her and Ashley are not together then she won't leave. She seems to be a capable actress and I would like to see more from her.
  • pollysue1939pollysue1939 Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samcains90 wrote: »
    I like Harriet and hope that even if her and Ashley are not together then she won't leave. She seems to be a capable actress and I would like to see more from her.

What a nice friendly thread this is, everyone liking actors and characters. A pleasure to read it.
  • Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »

Isn't Harriet related to Ethna
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a nice friendly thread this is, everyone liking actors and characters. A pleasure to read it.

i agree, it makes change from all the negativity. I recently said something nice about Emmerdale on a thread. Someone disagreed with what I said then said I always said good things about it and called me a troll for doing so!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Patrick wrote: »
    Isn't Harriet related to Ethna

She is Edna's first cousin, yes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    i agree, it makes change from all the negativity. I recently said something nice about Emmerdale on a thread. Someone disagreed with what I said then said I always said good things about it and called me a troll for doing so!

A positivity troll! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samcains90 wrote: »
    A positivity troll! :p

Exactly! I can laugh about it now but i wasn't happy at the time!
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I love Harriett now, so I hope she stays! Personally, I quite liked her with ... don't hate me ... D(o)om. :blush:

But god forbid he roar back into town on his motorbike. That ship has sailed. :D
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Harriet too, and I think the actress is great, I've just realised that she and Gemma Atkinson played mother and daughter in Hollyoaks together! The Hunters were one of Hollyoaks best ever families and Katherine Dow Blytom was an unforgettable matriarch. Emmerdale would be stupid to lose her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Harriett now, so I hope she stays! Personally, I quite liked her with ... don't hate me ... D(o)om. :blush:

But god forbid he roar back into town on his motorbike. That ship has sailed. :D

I like Harriet with everyone, I wish she would get more screen-time. :)
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harriett and Ashley make a good couple
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    I like Harriet. I wish we saw more of her. I think she's wasted with Ashley. Maybe she could get with James, now he's single. Emmerdale does struggle at times with what to do with some of their female characters. Harriet, Vanessa, Tracy and. Leyla are a bit like occasional extras now. Seen occasionally but never in a lasting storyline.

Mostly underuses them and doesn't always give them gritty story lines. I like Harriet the character and the actress is pretty good too.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ashley and Laurel should never have been split up in the first place in favour of putting Laurel with the awful Marlon. However now it's done and they're divorced I wouldn't want to see Ashley and Laurel reunited. I like him and Harriet together they're a nice normal happy couple. Marlon and Laurel deserve each other they should stay together and make each other eternally miserable.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harriet is brilliant so whatever happens, I hope she stays in the show. I like her and Ashley together,

I'm also still waiting for her to have a scene with Carly! (Hollyoaks fans will understand)
  • Crooked HeartCrooked Heart Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    craig_25 wrote: »
    I really like Harriet too, and I think the actress is great, I've just realised that she and Gemma Atkinson played mother and daughter in Hollyoaks together! The Hunters were one of Hollyoaks best ever families and Katherine Dow Blytom was an unforgettable matriarch. Emmerdale would be stupid to lose her.

Robert Sugden got Harriet up the duff in The Royal:D:D:D
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too like Harriet and putting her with Ashley was a stroke of good fortune, but neither she not Ashley get any screen time without Laurel or Laurel-related talk. If Ms Oates puts Laurel and Ashley together again then coupled with the loss of Aleisha I shall not want to watch in future.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too like Harriet and putting her with Ashley was a stroke of good fortune, but neither she not Ashley get any screen time without Laurel or Laurel-related talk. If Ms Oates puts Laurel and Ashley together again then coupled with the loss of Aleisha I shall not want to watch in future.
    This is an important point, and it needs to change sharpish. Both actors deserve better than being tagged on to the Laurel storyline (as good as that is), because they are both very capable and rarely have the chance to show it.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Harriet but i get the impression the writers do not have a clue what to do with her since she lost her job and got with Ashley.