Big Brother Australia - Episode 12 - 21 September - Midday

richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,881
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Last years winner Tim Dormer makes his return in today's episode, in which he has promised to 'stir it up a bit'

Watch here at midday - http://bbaustralia2014.blogspot.co.uk/p/live-stream-of-big-brother-australia.html

Comments

• onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    Aisha: "Be a man"

Saying it's a turn off when a guy is nervous around her.

What does that even mean, can't stand when people say that... as if a guy who might be nervous for whatever reason is less of a man somehow.

If it's her preference to have a confident guy like Travis who doesn't get nervous or shy, fair enough but making it out to be defining of a man is annoying and slightly offensive. Just imo.

Oh, and what happened to the whole... "I usually go for tall shy guys".

Moving on from that,
    Tim from last year, entering the house... informs them that the teams are being separated after the eviction and that only one of the HGs out of the pair will be evicted, also that the HGs will choose which one.

Not a huge fan of Tim but it's something new to the group dynamic which i feel is needed, so... it's okay.

Gemma trying to be this game player and stir things up is funny because she's so bad at it, she doesn't have the charming, charismatic personality to pull it off.

Lisa being kind of terrible and nasty to Gemma, telling her noone gives a crap about her story. Why even go over to her when she's vulnerable to tell her something like that.... aghhhhhh Lisa is so annoying. Who is she to dictate someone needs to toughen up and who's life story is worse, also to speak for the entire group as such.

David's reaction to Tim suggesting he save the beard was funny.

Cat taking an interest in Lawson? Did not see that coming, these ladies are boy crazy. All of them have someone except i think Gemma/Priya.

Jake likes Lisa over Skye? What! Don't see where he's coming from with that, not sure what he says in Lisa.

[I'm commenting as i watch the episode which is why it's so fragmented and sporadic :p]
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pairs will be scrapped after the eviction on Tuesday
    Forum Member
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Pairs will be scrapped after the eviction on Tuesday

Probably a good idea, the pair thing isn't really working out so well with this group... it was interesting when Katie/Priya were the power couple but since then it's been kind of blarg. David/Sandra trying to work out their relationship was fun and entertaining for me but how long can that go on, most of the other couples it didn't seem to matter much within the grand scheme. Maybe a bit too soon, i wouldn't mind to see it play out another week but i'm okay with ending also.
    Forum Member
    Tim picking David was interesting, wouldn't expect David to be picked out of everyone. I think David would benefit the most from advice from Tim, so i'm glad about that. Good on Tim for the unexpected. [Still wish it was Drew or Tahan though :kitty:]

Tim really working hard on that beard shaving plan. Haha. I think David's going to do it.

The beard is no more! Gone but not forgotten.

Have to wait until next episode for beardless David. Awwwww.

Great Episode. :D
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed that episode :)

The beard is no more and may just work in David's favour in regards to Tuesday

Nice to see lots of fun when drunk as opposed to lots of screaming and arguing :)

Kudos to Tim for not revealing too much :)
  • ***netty******netty*** Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I can't believe he is going to shave the beard off!
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is she to dictate someone needs to toughen up and who's life story is worse, also to speak for the entire group as such.

All of them have someone except i think Gemma/Priya.

The hypocrisy of Lisa was really annoying to me as well. She was actually better when with Jake but in general I find her annoying.

Tim seems to have been sent in to just start the showmance talk yet again. I suppose that's not too surprising with his own attempts (rather failed) at a showmance last year. The producers no doubt encouraged all this. But I'm with Gemma, showmances are boring and they are at least a bit fake to get votes for people who would otherwise be considered very boring. Gemma and Priya in not being available for showmances are definitely big underdogs.

Tim also seemed rather disingenuous in saying he supports the misfits while wanting David to be less of a misfit. And he went on about considering shaving his head last year, but he didn't. Maybe the producers see more showmance potential with David, but I hope Gemma stays as she is the REAL misfit. Didn't like Katie's reaction to Gemma in this episode, though she may have been a bit drunk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure they could have done much more with the pairs twist as well, but I suppose it's typical of BB now that these kind of things are done half-baked.
    Forum Member
    starry wrote: »
    The hypocrisy of Lisa was really annoying to me as well. She was actually better when with Jake but in general I find her annoying.

Tim seems to have been sent in to just start the showmance talk yet again. I suppose that's not too surprising with his own attempts (rather failed) at a showmance last year. The producers no doubt encouraged all this. But I'm with Gemma, showmances are boring and they are at least a bit fake to get votes for people who would otherwise be considered very boring. Gemma and Priya in not being available for showmances are definitely big underdogs.

Tim also seemed rather disingenuous in saying he supports the misfits while wanting David to be less of a misfit. And he went on about considering shaving his head last year, but he didn't. Maybe the producers see more showmance potential with David, but I hope Gemma stays as she is the REAL misfit. Didn't like Katie's reaction to Gemma in this episode, though she may have been a bit drunk.

As a HG, Tim was quite the narcissist... it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the whole love triangle and David shaving his beard was more about Tim then anything... in having some type of memorable entertaining impact to validate his visit.

That being said, i do think Tim made some valid points to David in a new start and a big move... which, i think it's going to have a positive effect on David in him going through with it. It's already creating buzz around David with talking points, and there's the cliffhanger in having the big reveal without the beard... it shows he's committed to the experience, etc... it could even potentially help him out in the eviction.

I get what David was saying in how it makes him feel like he's conforming to something, or possibly losing himself a bit... it depends how one looks at it, i suppose... i see it more as throwing himself into the experience, everyone saw Tim pushing it and i don't think they would think he sold himself out or anything... he committed to the experience and went for it.

As Gary Busey said in the last series,
    "It's not what you wear on the outside, it's what you wear on the inside..."

The beard made him stand out, and gave him a unique place in the group but it's more to do with what's on the inside.
  • PinkminxyPinkminxy Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode! Massive fan of Tim, so I was so happy to see him back and up to his old tricks. He is what every BB house needs IMO. Very worthy winner!

But anyway,. can I just say I'm really beginning to despise Travis. I disliked him before, but boy, is he arrogant and full of himself. Him laying on the bed at the end with Aisha & Skye wrapped around him was vomit inducing. Having a go at Gemma and outright telling her that's why 'no one likes you'. Gemma can hold her own. I'm not a fan of her either, and her attention seeking behaviour with this 'plan' she seems to have just feels awkward.

Lisa and Jake seemed to pop up out of nowhere. I thought her shyness around him was genuine. She could barely look at him! Don't know about his feelings though. He's a bit of an odd one so far, can't really say whether I like him or not.

So glad Tim is on David's side. I like David. Although was slightly disappointed to see him cave in to Tim's pressurising about losing the beard. If David felt that was a big part of his identity and made him stand out from the rest I think it's sad he's lost that uniqueness. But will be interesting to see the rest of the HM's reactions, and I do see where Tim was coming from with his making bold moves statement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The beard made him stand out, and gave him a unique place in the group but it's more to do with what's on the inside.

As if most care about the inside. From the little we see I'm not sure he had a unique place so much as hasn't got on with some people. Some of that problem will be automatically gone once the pairs are over and Sandra is less tied to him anyway.

David's point was that people in the house had actually been telling him to get rid of the beard, so in that sense they could say he is doing what they want. As far as it being a 'big move' I think that's bluster in a way, by this time alliances have formed and he gets on with some more than others. And telling him to speak differently to the women is nothing more than repeating what others in the house have said to him anyway. I guess the producers must have some plans for David whether it be a showmance or whatever.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Gemma gets saved <333

:D

You go girl
  • rhizo_maniarhizo_mania Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has this show slipped so much already, that the producers had to make it the Tim Dormer show again, David should have called Tims bluff, and agreed to shave his beard as long as Tim shaved his head, after all Tim said it was what he was thinking of doing last season ;-) (funnily enough I don't remember that).

I hope Tim is gone ASAP and we can restart to focus on this years new HMs and not on last years, even if he was the winner, Oh and he can take Travis with him on his way out, the cocky sod.....
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god Tim went in I think, at least he brought something to the show so we didn't have to endure the Travis/Lisa show that we keep seeing. Glad he chose David too, would love David to survive also at this point I don't care if Skye/Lisa are bottom and Skye goes, she was endearing early on but I'm not as down with her now.

Aisha acts like she is going for some different kinda guy when you can be guaranteed some a-hole like Travis is always her type. She's a moron and I used to love her but I get the feeling she loves a guy who treats her like crap cause you know Travis will likely be cheating on her and everything at the first opportunity.

Cat liking Lawson seemed so weird to me, I love them both but don't see them suited in that way, she seems too mature to date any guy in that house let alone get the hots for a 23 year old. Random. I'll also die if we have a situation like last year and Sam commits adultery a lá Tully, hahah.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    Tim seems to have been sent in to just start the showmance talk yet again. I suppose that's not too surprising with his own attempts (rather failed) at a showmance last year. The producers no doubt encouraged all this. But I'm with Gemma, showmances are boring and they are at least a bit fake to get votes for people who would otherwise be considered very boring.

I don't like showmances at all. I've completely gone off them after seeing so many of them in BBUK over the past few years. They should have a no showmance rule.
    As a HG, Tim was quite the narcissist... it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the whole love triangle and David shaving his beard was more about Tim then anything... in having some type of memorable entertaining impact to validate his visit.

Oh, Tim was a MASSIVE narcissist. I've said it before, but he is a huge, huge attention seeker. Everything he said and did in the house last year was to make himself look good and to be talked about by the viewers. He is the most contrived HM I have ever seen in any BB series I have watched. And I do agree with you about that I think that him wanting David to shave his beard was more about Tim wanting to have an impact on this year's house. I can't begin to tell you how much he irritates me.
    Forum Member
    Thank god Tim went in I think, at least he brought something to the show so we didn't have to endure the Travis/Lisa show that we keep seeing. Glad he chose David too, would love David to survive also at this point I don't care if Skye/Lisa are bottom and Skye goes, she was endearing early on but I'm not as down with her now.

Aisha acts like she is going for some different kinda guy when you can be guaranteed some a-hole like Travis is always her type. She's a moron and I used to love her but I get the feeling she loves a guy who treats her like crap cause you know Travis will likely be cheating on her and everything at the first opportunity.

Cat liking Lawson seemed so weird to me, I love them both but don't see them suited in that way, she seems too mature to date any guy in that house let alone get the hots for a 23 year old. Random. I'll also die if we have a situation like last year and Sam commits adultery a lá Tully, hahah.

Feeling the same about Aisha currently, i'm going off her in a big way and currently rate her very low, after some of her comments and hooking up with Travis.
    Oh, Tim was a MASSIVE narcissist. I've said it before, but he is a huge, huge attention seeker. Everything he said and did in the house last year was to make himself look good and to be talked about by the viewers. He is the most contrived HM I have ever seen in any BB series I have watched. And I do agree with you about that I think that him wanting David to shave his beard was more about Tim wanting to have an impact on this year's house. I can't begin to tell you how much he irritates me

Yup, feel the same about Tim. Never was a fan personally. I recognize he can be entertaining but it's not my cup of tea so to speak. I like his energy and that he will do the unexpected, or make a bold decision or whatever but that's as far as it goes.