Babysitting

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
Forum Member
i live in churchdown, gloucester and i want to get a babysitting job. i dont mind what age the children are. i charge £4 per hour. I am fifteen years old and very reliable. Can anybody recommend anyone who needs a child minder? i am free most weekends and week days after 5pm :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You might get more response by putting a card in your local shop or post office window lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with zookeeper, it would also be a good idea to tell your relatives/neighbours etc as word of mouth is the best advertisement. I did lots of babysitting as a teenager, so my advice to you is to choose who you babysit for carefully. Always know the arrangements for you getting back home, find out if the kids will be in bed, make sure they've got dvds/skybroadband etc because the later it gets the more boring it gets, make sure your parents know where you are, keep some money on you for a taxi.

If its too much like hard work, go somewhere else. Good babysitters are like gold dust.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,475
    Forum Member
    *Donna* wrote:
    I agree with zookeeper, it would also be a good idea to tell your relatives/neighbours etc as word of mouth is the best advertisement. I did lots of babysitting as a teenager, so my advice to you is to choose who you babysit for carefully. Always know the arrangements for you getting back home, find out if the kids will be in bed, make sure they've got dvds/skybroadband etc because the later it gets the more boring it gets, make sure your parents know where you are, keep some money on you for a taxi.

If its too much like hard work, go somewhere else. Good babysitters are like gold dust.

That's true - our babysitter charges £2.50 per child per hour, which considering we've got three can get quite expensive when they're all at home. Having said that though she'll bath them, feed them, settle them down for bed with a story and can be trusted totally in our home. She's also training to be a nursery nurse too so I consider it money well spent.

To the OP - I'd agree with the others, your best bet is to start off by asking people you know with kids if they need a babysitter. Perhaps start off looking after older children if you don't have much experience with babies (they tend to take much more looking after!) :)
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i charge £4 per hour.. Can anybody recommend anyone who needs a child minder?
    Please remember babysitter and childminder are very different jobs - don't call yourself the wrong name. ;)