Options

GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those two really get on my nerves. The bigger of the two Sandy's shouts and screams all the time and looks pleased with herself when she says something totally inane. They are getting worse all the time, and only seem to want to show themselves up in front of the camera. I would like them to be out of Googlebox for the next series. Imagine living next door to them. It doesn't bear thinking about. :o I am sure that I saw the smaller one of the Sandy's shouting at the camera one day in the series about Regent Street. I don't know if anyone else noticed that.
    uberman wrote: »
    I noticed her! The street was closed off for a film premier or something, She looked into the camera and shouted "Wish you was here!"

Yes it was definitely her. I rewound it at the time. Unmistakable. :)
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was sitting on my Brother and Sister-in-law's couch whilst feeding my 5 month old niece. What would you have me do? Throw her to the floor and run out of the room? :D

First off, I'm genuinely not that bothered. It was much more of a jokey post than the reactions would suggest.

Secondly, I really don't think, in this day and age, that it's expected of people to watch shows when they're first shown. To suggest that it's "not a spoiler because it's already aired" is complete nonsense.

I didn't see the starting but the narrator usually runs through the programmes they'll be reviewing. I doubt it will spoil your viewing of the very long and deep Missing anyway. ;-)
  • Options
    ubermanuberman Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a seisimic event on British television and you'd think someone would upload it to YouTube? Well, I just did a search on there 'Gogglebox jay speaks' and found two results for the last 24 hours. So there!

The clip of Jay reaching over for a biscuit like a sloth crossed with a praying mantis is quite funny:
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=OMcoaGQ1EYU
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Super Frog wrote: »
    Have the Greek-Cypriot family been sacked?

Who were they ??
    I cant remember them ?? :confused:

EDIT>

Yes of course I remember them. The wife was always knitting and embroidering ?
  • Options
    BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 7,009
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    She's the latest in a long line of youngsters who think acting dumb is somehow endearing. It isn't.

She's an orange foul mouthed reality show wannabe who thinks she's funnier than she actually is.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the Moffat mother, corr she must be long-suffering though. Scarlett is of the generation where all opinions matter, even moreso if uploaded to Facebook or Instagram. Hence the amount of shite she comes out with.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the Moffatt mother corr, she must be long-suffering though. Scarlett is of the generation where all opinions matter, even moreso if uploaded to Facebook or Instagram. Hence the amount of shite she comes out with.

So do I, she comes across as really charming & somehow manages, without make-up, to look younger than her daughter ;-)

I will miss the Michael family, the father always spoke sense & the mother, even when burbling, came across as endearing & content within her family.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    CBFreak wrote: »
    Can't believe I missed Jay speak. Need to find that episode again now just for that :D

I watched it again last nigh :blush: It's in the 1st section where they are watching X Factor so an easy to find :)

I really like the German dad now :D
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaseyKlein wrote: »
    fair dos they couldnt be in the next series but why were they dropped immediately from the final 2 episodes? the election isnt for months. is there any official comments?
    also the election will be over, he will most probably have lost, way before the next series begins.

I don't see why they were dropped immediately either.

However if C4 carries on doing two series a year, the next one will be March - May (ish), which would make it impossible to feature the Michaels.

It's a shame they didn't show us Louis's reaction when his Dad told him the news! :D
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ostrich Arse!!!

:D
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BillyBatty wrote: »
    She's an orange foul mouthed reality show wannabe who thinks she's funnier than she actually is.

She already is a "reality star" wannabe - she appeared on Beauty School Cop Out (I think it was after the first series of Gogglebox appeared), Channel 4 are very odd in "casting" are they not? You get rid of a family because a member appears on CBB/CH 5, Steph/Dom are kept (like them sometimes I admit) but he is appearing on "the jump" supposedly and they have been on "four in a bed" and had a spinoff with Farage - yet irony of it, The Michaels are axed due to "political reasons" baffles me more

As for the daughter Moffatt there was one episode she looked up info on her phone in regards of someone that was featured, any other time she looks like she guesses things or has no real idea (whether its played up to the cameras I don't know) but I have to admit I ain't been following it this series, I think I am on my way out on it - use to be good but its lost its sparkle for me but hey ho
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    She already is a "reality star" wannabe - she appeared on Beauty School Cop Out (I think it was after the first series of Gogglebox appeared), Channel 4 are very odd in "casting" are they not? You get rid of a family because a member appears on CBB/CH 5, Steph/Dom are kept (like them sometimes I admit) but he is appearing on "the jump" supposedly and they have been on "four in a bed" and had a spinoff with Farage - yet irony of it, The Michaels are axed due to "political reasons" baffles me more

As for the daughter Moffatt there was one episode she looked up info on her phone in regards of someone that was featured, any other time she looks like she guesses things or has no real idea (whether its played up to the cameras I don't know) but I have to admit I ain't been following it this series, I think I am on my way out on it - use to be good but its lost its sparkle for me but hey ho

Why do you out police later reasons in quotes? Blindingly obvious that he couldn't stay on the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    Why do you out police later reasons in quotes? Blindingly obvious that he couldn't stay on the show.

What the heck you speaking about? I mentioned this before earlier in this thread it was basically a reminder but good god the minute you say something on here its taken out of turn - last time I was on this thread I was told not to mention X Factor (highlighted in show) and now I am being told off for something else - I think i'll leave this thread

As for why he left - really? So someone else goes on another show has to be taken out whilst Steph and Dom will have appeared on other CH 4 shows, bit unfair really and seems odd that they have been kept on
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the heck you speaking about? I mentioned this before earlier in this thread it was basically a reminder but good god the minute you say something on here its taken out of turn - last time I was on this thread I was told not to mention X Factor (highlighted in show) and now I am being told off for something else - I think i'll leave this thread

As for why he left - really? So someone else goes on another show has to be taken out whilst Steph and Dom will have appeared on other CH 4 shows, bit unfair really and seems odd that they have been kept on

No idea how I managed to tuen political reasons into out police but it's obvious that there's a difference between appearing on another C4 show and. C5 show and of course anyone standing for office can't be allowed to peddle their views through such a show if C4 see fit and I agree with their decision.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    No idea how I managed to tuen political reasons into out police but it's obvious that there's a difference between appearing on another C4 show and. C5 show and of course anyone standing for office can't be allowed to peddle their views through such a show if C4 see fit and I agree with their decision.

The irony is still Channel 4 featured a show during the week with ..... Farage but because a family may share his views per se they get kicked out? I didn't see the Steph and Dom show with Farage, but to take certain families out strikes me as rather odd - as mentioned and who really would care if someone from Gogglebox appeared in CBB - CBB ain't much the same these days is it? More like Zeleb Big Brother and as I mentioned the Moffat daughter has appeared on an MTV show - it be different if she had not appeared on TV in first place, seems more like to a degree as for the show these days its like they must do a similar vetting in finding "replacements" ie look around other channels (if they are desperate) or if by chance they find them

Whilst I do take your point on political views and not want it to be possibly aired on TV but TV these days is pretty much political where ever you look
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    She didn't know something. Big deal.
    Hardly warrants 'hatred' and 'cannot stand' like some people on here say, does it?

Am I supposed to be livid with people who don't know exactly the same things I do?

Thinking someone isn't the sharpest tool in the box doesn't equate to hating them, etc.

Having said that, it is grating when people who don't know what 2 + 2 is question you and look at you in a funny way when you tell them it's 4, as if you're the one who's obviously got it wrong and who's a bit backward.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    The fact that she thought only posh people ate roast potato's is in the long list of her lack of knowledge.

Is that post meant to be deliberately ironic? Or do you really think that the plural of "potato" is "potato's"? I honestly can't tell.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Because she loves him probably. The rapport they have is absolutely plain. They also have the same values and political/philosophical views.
    He says daft things and stuff he knows will wind her up, but he adores her, and would do anything for her; you can tell that.
    The irony is still Channel 4 featured a show during the week with ..... Farage but because a family may share his views per se they get kicked out? I didn't see the Steph and Dom show with Farage, but to take certain families out strikes me as rather odd - as mentioned and who really would care if someone from Gogglebox appeared in CBB - CBB ain't much the same these days is it? More like Zeleb Big Brother and as I mentioned the Moffat daughter has appeared on an MTV show - it be different if she had not appeared on TV in first place, seems more like to a degree as for the show these days its like they must do a similar vetting in finding "replacements" ie look around other channels (if they are desperate) or if by chance they find them

Whilst I do take your point on political views and not want it to be possibly aired on TV but TV these days is pretty much political where ever you look

There's no irony in the Steph and Dom show featuring Farage.

It's not hard to work out is it, he, the Dad from the Micheals is a prospective MP for UKIP, pretty obvious why Ch4 wouldn't want to hold itself up as possibly promoting him/his message within an entertainment show where his views aren't going to questioned or framed 'prospective UKIP candidate'
    His and his family's views didn't seem to be a problem before he was asked to become a UKIP MP.
    Various family's are no longer featured, who were seemingly just dropped, there wasn't much said about it that I can remember.

TV being political 'wherever you look' is you just trying to bolster your case, but the facts don't fit, hours and hours of TV where you won't hear a mention of Labour, Tory or UKIP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no irony in the Steph and Dom show featuring Farage.

It's not hard to work out is it, he, the Dad from the Micheals is a prospective MP for UKIP, pretty obvious why Ch4 wouldn't want to hold itself up as possibly promoting him/his message within an entertainment show where his views aren't going to questioned or framed 'prospective UKIP candidate'
    His and his family's views didn't seem to be a problem before he was asked to become a UKIP MP.
    Various family's are no longer featured, who were seemingly just dropped, there wasn't much said about it that I can remember.

TV being political 'wherever you look' is you just trying to bolster your case, but the facts don't fit, hours and hours of TV where you won't hear a mention of Labour, Tory or UKIP.

With my quote of TV being political "wherever you look" I meant that as in general - we hear about matters that the Tories are planning on doing and other parties wanting to do - I live in Scotland and there are at times you'll hear what SNP and the Scottish Government are doing or done wrong - politics is everywhere - be on TV/radio or on the web - we have 24 hour news channels that repeat whatever the political parties have said throughout the day

As for Steph and Dom - well Channel 4 are they not heavily promoting them are they not? As mentioned having a spin off show and Dom being featured on "the jump" (another so called reality show but on Channel 4), yet you don't see them getting the boot off Gogglebox (it comes more across as the programme makers are making up rules as it goes along)

So The Michaels dad has recently entered politics and is supporting UKIP but yet within same programme UKIP get slagged off just like the other parties and as far as I remember watching it last I did not pick up any of his views that would differ other peoples opinions within the show - it just comes across as if the makers and Channel 4 are playing favouritism with certain families
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    With my quote of TV being political "wherever you look" I meant that as in general - we hear about matters that the Tories are planning on doing and other parties wanting to do - I live in Scotland and there are at times you'll hear what SNP and the Scottish Government are doing or done wrong - politics is everywhere - be on TV/radio or on the web - we have 24 hour news channels that repeat whatever the political parties have said throughout the day

As for Steph and Dom - well Channel 4 are they not heavily promoting them are they not? As mentioned having a spin off show and Dom being featured on "the jump" (another so called reality show but on Channel 4), yet you don't see them getting the boot off Gogglebox (it comes more across as the programme makers are making up rules as it goes along)

So The Michaels dad has recently entered politics and is supporting UKIP but yet within same programme UKIP get slagged off just like the other parties and as far as I remember watching it last I did not pick up any of his views that would differ other peoples opinions within the show - it just comes across as if the makers and Channel 4 are playing favouritism with certain families

I give up, it's been explained by 2 FM's, no point going over it any more.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I can understand why the Michaels are gone. It's one thing to involve yourself where politics is concerned - Steph and Dom's programme with Farage being one such instance. But they aren't UKIP themselves, and they have no specific affiliation to Farage or his party. The Michael's on the other hand have chosen to enter politics properly, and that active decision means that they are no longer a neutral contributor. It suggests that Gogglebox plans to continue featuring political content in future, and they don't want an official representative airing his views for the sake of political neutrality.

As it stands I'm glad they're gone. The parents were both massively annoying, and the son has his moments too.

Elsewhere, there's not been much of the Tapper's this series and they've added little - it's nice to hear less of Amy. Less a fan of the two older intellectual guys than I used to be - they've said a number of things in their few appearances that suggest they're not as smart as I thought. In fact, the German guy is the only one to make me laugh this series.

Overall, this series has been a bit...well, it hasn't had much on it really. It's a very small selection of shows being watched each week. I find it difficult to believe that none of those people watch The Fall, or none of them watch Doctor Who...neither of which have appeared this series despite being on throughout...and that's just a couple of examples.

The German girls boyfriend finally spoke...if they were playing it up to laughs it was a bit disappointing too. There's been a greater shift towards non-TV related content this series - little anecdotes about train tickets, and onesies and so on. It's not really why I stick the show on.
  • Options
    D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish they'd bin Sandy and Sandra. They're just too aware and conscious of what it is they're part of. They try too hard to be funny (something they fail at) and are just dumb and annoying.
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D_Peugeot wrote: »
    I wish they'd bin Sandy and Sandra. They're just too aware and conscious of what it is they're part of. They try too hard to be funny (something they fail at) and are just dumb and annoying.

I agree with this. They are obviously acting up to the camera and think that they are funny when they aren't. They drive me mad with their stupid comments and screaming voices and laughs.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ood on the Moffats http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11683746.Gogglebox_family_bans_the_booze_for_Cancer_Research_UK/ and it explains her fake tan. althouh to be fair all the girls under 25 are orange in this corner of county Durham
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    ood on the Moffats http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11683746.Gogglebox_family_bans_the_booze_for_Cancer_Research_UK/ and it explains her fake tan. althouh to be fair all the girls under 25 are orange in this corner of county Durham

"Miss Moffatt, 24, who will track her progress on Twitter, said: “I’m sure it won’t be easy but staying off the sauce will be worth it if I’m able to raise money for Cancer Research UK’s life-saving work and there’s the benefit of 31 hangover-free days.”

:o How much does she normally drink to be that free of hangovers!
This discussion has been closed.