Things to do near O2 Arena

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

I am going to the O2 at the end of the month, and my family have decided that they want to stay in a hotel overnight which is nearby.

I have found a Travelodge close to it, but I'm just wondering what else is near there? for the Evening that is.

Comments

• haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will be in central London! The city is their Oyster.

Suggest they get an oyster card and explore.
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    __3kerry wrote: »
    Hi

I am going to the O2 at the end of the month, and my family have decided that they want to stay in a hotel overnight which is nearby.

I have found a Travelodge close to it, but I'm just wondering what else is near there? for the Evening that is.

The O2 itself has many restaurants, a bowling alley and a cinema.

If you want shopping, Westfield Stratford is easy to get to. If you want something different, get the cable car across the Thames.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    The O2 itself has many restaurants, a bowling alley and a cinema.

If you want shopping, Westfield Stratford is easy to get to. If you want something different, get the cable car across the Thames.

We plan to eat together but then two of us are off to see a show, and the other two are looking for something to do.

They might just use the cinema and back to the hotel or something. :)

Thanks for the suggestion though, will look into that.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how nearby you are but you cold have a stroll down to Greenwich and take in the Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory, Wren Naval buildings, Greenwich Park etc
  • russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Depends on how nearby you are but you cold have a stroll down to Greenwich and take in the Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory, Wren Naval buildings, Greenwich Park etc

Greenwich itself is a great town. Jump on a 188 or 129 from The O2 to get there in 10 mins or so. Nice places to eat/drink next to the Thames too.
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Pilot Inn is five minutes walk from the 02 arena. It's a character pub that serves great food and offers really great accommodation at very reasonable prices.

Take a trip up the Thames on a Clipper and enjoy the sights. London and everything it has to offer is just a boat trip away.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Take a trip on the cable car from the O2 and then get the DLR back to Canary Wharf and go shopping there?
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Jubilee Line goes from the 02, and you are only four stops from London Bridge station. From there, the world is your oyster (card) :p
  • BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    They will be in central London!

Are you sure?

I'd hardly consider the O2 to be in 'central' London!!!
  • Bob_WhingerBob_Whinger Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go to Tesco Extra and see if they have any discount(yellow label) sandwiches.
  • InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    Evening I would say Westfield Stratford if they don't want to venture into the centre and it's easy to get to on the Jubilee line. If it was summer I'd recommend the Emirates Air Line and then get the DLR from Royal Victoria to Tower Gateway. One of the best DLR routes.