Newer users being made to feel inferior on these forums by long term users is unfair!

Dean_FranceDean_France Posts: 471
Forum Member
Fed up of hearing about 3 banned members in particular on a weekly basis. There are plenty of new interesting users as well Im sure. Theyre banned for a reason...

Repeated and multiple threads and a lack of talking about past plots may have something to do with it!

New posters can be interesting to!

Comments

• ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    Fed up of hearing about 3 banned members in particular on a weekly basis. There are plenty of new interesting users as well Im sure. Theyre banned for a reason...

Repeated and multiple threads and a lack of talking about past plots may have something to do with it!

Obviously, we were all new posters once.

Just post more often, get involved in some discussions and you will soon get noticed. It may feel a bit daunting being new on here when a lot of people seem to know each other but after awhile you will soon settle in. :D
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that's anyone's intention Dean. Welcome to the forum and enjoy! :)
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean OP. Most people on here can't stand to see others opinions when they don't like it and they go out there way to be very nasty and to blame you when you stick up for yourself! Plus, a lot of people are very cold on here towards others. Hope you feel at home soon. :)
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,870
    Forum Member
    Don't take it personally Dean. I've been here donkeys years and feel inferior to some of our forum celebs. Just roll with it :)
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Sorry you feel like that, welcome anyway!
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Good point...we should value what we do have :)
    Forum Member
    D.DotA wrote: »
    I know what you mean OP. Most people on here can't stand to see others opinions when they don't like it and they go out there way to be very nasty and to blame you when you stick up for yourself! Plus, a lot of people are very cold on here towards others. Hope you feel at home soon. :)

maybe it's the way you express those opinions?

I find most of the forum members to be welcoming, interesting and funny.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member

TBH I didn't speak to Mo Mouse or UQ much and I wasn't a fan of Beaconboof, so I can see why it would seem unfair

However when you've been on this forum a while, you get to know everyone and discussion of other members will occur

Just get to know people and you'll be fine 😊
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Good point...we should value what we do have :)

I shall cherish you daily Val. :D
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »

Same here :D
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

Now steady on :blush:
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry if I offended you in any way, new member are always welcome! Just because some old members are missed doesn't mean in any way that new members aren't given a chance. Once you've spent a little time here and we get to know you, if you were the one receiving the ban we'd miss you too.

I do wish DS soap section had its own little introduce yourself section but since it doesn't I'l try this way:-

Hi Dean, I am Cherry :) I am a viewer of all soaps, EE currently is at the top in my list. How about you? Tell us a little about yourself.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Dean, I'm Sez. I watch every soap apart from Home and Away but I mainly post about Eastenders :)
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Sorry if I offended you in any way, new member are always welcome! Just because some old members are missed doesn't mean in any way that new members aren't given a chance. Once you've spent a little time here and we get to know you, if you were the one receiving the ban we'd miss you too.

I do wish DS soap section had its own little introduce yourself section but since it doesn't I'l try this way:-

Hi Dean, I am Cherry :) I am a viewer of all soaps, EE currently is at the top in my list. How about you? Tell us a little about yourself.

Good idea. Hi Dean I am Scrabbler, you can call me Scrabs or Scrabbers or Mr Scrabbler, or your Lordship. Any will do. I am a prudish introvert who pretty much keeps himself to himself. I never speak my mind and never poke my nose into things I shouldnt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Dean. I'm 0...0 and I am a Wattsaholic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I totally agree with you OP, it's ine of the reasons I do not post much on here having been se me ver for several years. It seems that theirs a lack mentality on here,

What I have noticed is that threads started by certain popular posters will get no test and praised for any topic they start and most posters are ignore.

But be prepared for the moderators who are the worst by far. This last week I have had one thread moved completely without any explanation and didn't know whete It was moved too,. Without any explanation from the mods. Then started another thread which I felt I wanted other forums members opinions on only to find that it had been locked yet again without a single explanstion. I decided to contact the forum mods by email asking them the reason and having waited two days I have not had a single reply back.

The worst forum moderators are on here and I will be suprised if anyone gets to read this ans most likely this post will vanish without any explanation.

So welcome to the forum but be warned that if u think that you will have a good discussion on here then a few members ruin the who,e experience for the many nice members sishing to be a part of a discussion and watch out for moderators who I use their powers to stop u discussing most things and without any explanation.
    Forum Member

I hope you still attend your regular meetings. We don't want another relapse.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Hi Dean, I'm Sez. I watch every soap apart from Home and Away but I mainly post about Eastenders :)
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Good idea. Hi Dean I am Scrabbler, you can call me Scrabs or Scrabbers or Mr Scrabbler, or your Lordship. Any will do. I am a prudish introvert who pretty much keeps himself to himself. I never speak my mind and never poke my nose into things I shouldnt.
    Okay guys this isn't a youth club :D
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its my birthday today!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree with you OP, it's ine of the reasons I do not post much on here having been se me ver for several years. It seems that theirs a lack mentality on here,

What I have noticed is that threads started by certain popular posters will get no test and praised for any topic they start and most posters are ignore.

But be prepared for the moderators who are the worst by far. This last week I have had one thread moved completely without any explanation and didn't know whete It was moved too,. Without any explanation from the mods. Then started another thread which I felt I wanted other forums members opinions on only to find that it had been locked yet again without a single explanstion. I decided to contact the forum mods by email asking them the reason and having waited two days I have not had a single reply back.

The worst forum moderators are on here and I will be suprised if anyone gets to read this ans most likely this post will vanish without any explanation.

So welcome to the forum but be warned that if u think that you will have a good discussion on here then a few members ruin the who,e experience for the many nice members sishing to be a part of a discussion and watch out for moderators who I use their powers to stop u discussing most things and without any explanation.

Just keep plugging away C. You get all sorts of people here.
    Forum Member

The Mods don't need to explain, they are the mightily overlords who do as they wish. They do not answer to us (rightly so). They sure have their reasons, they always seem fair to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I hope you still attend your regular meetings. We don't want another relapse.

Angie, Den, Sharon, Dennis, Roly, gibber gibber. :o Sorry
    :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its my birthday today!

Merry birthday! Hic! :D
    Did you get some leather boots? :D
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »

We're just being friendly. I kind of agree that as a new member it's probably quite intimidating. When I was new I stuck to the Sean Slater appreciation thread (when they were still in the main forum).

Those were the days.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »

I should think not. Scrabbler's way too old for that malarkey!
This discussion has been closed.