Corrie - Anyone else thinking that there's going to be a Gail drinking storyline?

Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
In the last few months, she's constantly drinking or getting drunk. I thought it was just for comedy purposes, but now I'm thinking that maybe something is going to be made of it? I've only seen tonight's first episode, but what made me especially think this is when Gail mentioned drinking and Michael said that he'd have orange juice.

What do people think?

Comments

• Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Maybe she turns into an alcoholic and that's why Sarah Lou returns.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    Maybe she turns into an alcoholic and that's why Sarah Lou returns.

Oh yeh, possibly...
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    In the last few months, she's constantly drinking or getting drunk. I thought it was just for comedy purposes, but now I'm thinking that maybe something is going to be made of it? I've only seen tonight's first episode, but what made me especially think this is when Gail mentioned drinking and Michael said that he'd have orange juice.

What do people think?

Please, plEASE, PLEASE NOT!!!!! She's utterly atrocious when she's pretending to be drunk, if she was to have to pretend to be an alcoholic I think I would stop watching!!
  • CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She gets drunk all the time, nothing new, I don't think this will happen somehow.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CriticFan wrote: »
    She gets drunk all the time, nothing new, I don't think this will happen somehow.

Maybe I've just noticed it more?

It just seems like every time she and Michael are out somewhere, she's drunk!
  • omerta138omerta138 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Something's going to happen that probably drives her to drink more. I can see that happening.
    Maybe Michael's health will go downhill.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not another drinking storyline
  • cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This just reminds me of that CIN crossover where her and Denise(EE) were comparing their lives..Maybe before long Denise will fall in love with a ex gameshow host who's trying to burgal her house
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This just reminds me of that CIN crossover where her and Denise(EE) were comparing their lives..Maybe before long Denise will fall in love with a ex gameshow host who's trying to burgal her house

Alfie Moon?
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,799
    Forum Member
    I was a bit surprised when she wanted to order a bottle of red in the Bistro last night. She was already tipsy, and Des was on orange juice - had she planned to drink it all herself? She's probably already an alcoholic - high-functioning so she's managing to keep it all together :D I reckon Audrey mmm is too; she's always sloshing back vodka in the pub.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »

What do people think?
    Highly probable. Emmerdale have a similar story and Stuart Blackburn and Kate Oates have admitted to 'consulting' each other - although they said it was to make sure they don't have the same storylines running, but they do.
  • Old BaileyOld Bailey Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Didn't they do something similar with Audrey and her health scare? It was funny last night when Gail was talking about her Princess Diana hair.
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing new. ET has often got drunk over the years.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old Bailey wrote: »
    Didn't they do something similar with Audrey and her health scare? It was funny last night when Gail was talking about her Princess Diana hair.

Is she foreign? So far as I know, there's never been a 'princess diana' in the UK.