Options

Audioslave have split!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
Forum Member
✭✭
Audioslave are no more . :( Although, I could see it coming I guess but still a shock.

Looks like a Rage against the Machine comeback is maybe more than a one-off? :)

Comments

• Options
    Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Hmm. I thought this might happen after hearing about the RATM comeback.

Sad news but their last two albums were not as good as the first....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DanVitale wrote:
    Hmm. I thought this might happen after hearing about the RATM comeback.

Sad news but their last two albums were not as good as the first....

Yeah, definetely agree with that.

Maybe they peaked on the first album.

Here's hoping for a Soundgarden reunion...or a tour at least.
  • Options
    Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    How about Soundgarden and RATM touring together!!
  • Options
    spankyplugsspankyplugs Posts: 14,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More good than bad news. I liked their stuff, but I'd rather hear Chris Cornell without Tom Morello's increasingly tiresome guitar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DanVitale wrote:
    How about Soundgarden and RATM touring together!!

That would be awesome!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd have to rip up Pearl Jam first, of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it does mean RATM do get back together! I miss the Rage..................
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Sad... but not a surprise. When I heard about the 'one off' I thought this would follow.

I wonder what Chris Cornell will do next? I would LOVE to see a Soundgarden reunion... although as Pearl Jam are my favorite band... maybe they could find a different drummer! ;)

xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is bad news if Rage dont get back together properly.... but very good news if it means Rage record a new album and tour!!

Though according to Tom, he had neither plans for either of the 2 bands, and said he was concentrating on his other solo project.. The Nightwatchmen!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SlashNX wrote:
    Though according to Tom, he had neither plans for either of the 2 bands, and said he was concentrating on his other solo project.. The Nightwatchmen!

All together now............. BOOOOOO!!
  • Options
    SnortimerSnortimer Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    More good than bad news. I liked their stuff, but I'd rather hear Chris Cornell without Tom Morello's increasingly tiresome guitar.

Chris is the cute one?
  • Options
    thegreatonethegreatone Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    damn! yet another fine group gone
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn. Audio are an awesome band. Revelations is an awesome album and I also love Soungarden. That's ok Chris Conell will keep going |:)

The slave are really rocking. Chris is my man
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J6ngo1977 wrote:
    Damn. Audio are an awesome band. Revelations is an awesome album and I also love Soungarden. That's ok Chris Conell will keep going |:)

The slave are really rocking. Chris is my man

Apparently he is releasing his second solo album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    RATM for Reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    I really don't want Soundgarden coming back for the sheer fact that 1. Matt Cameron is well settled in to Pearl Jam and that 2. Cornell's voice cannot match up to his Soundgarden days and any material released under that name would most likely tarnish the bands legacy. I like what he's doing atm and what Rage are doing, hopefully for a longer spell provided they rework their style slightly as it was getting very repetitive before they split. I believe Cornell may take the Mark Lanegan route of acoustic based tracks with a couple of rockers here and there and collaborating with other artists, which sounds great by me. Either way, I think the Audioslave split was a good thing. It never seemed to gel properly, what with Rick Rubin putting them together and constantly compromising each others very different sounds (the Rage and the Cornell sound) no surprise really.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all to do with Cornell doing the Bond song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see this as bad news at all. Soundgarden were awesome, and I really liked Chris's solo album "Euphoria Morning", but Audioslave just bored the arse off me. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bextor wrote:
    Apparently he is releasing his second solo album.

Cool .I love his first acoustic outing. He is not recognised as the best voice in rock for no reason :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luvsnail wrote:
    I don't see this as bad news at all. Soundgarden were awesome, and I really liked Chris's solo album "Euphoria Morning", but Audioslave just bored the arse off me. :p

Are you mad? I also love Soungarden and Chris and think Audioslave are so good. Technicaly as musicians they are second to none and as a rock band they rock.'Cochise', 'Revelations' , 'Gasoline' and 'Original Fire' are all ecellant tracks with a great groove. Just as good as Soundgarden 'Hands all Over' and 'Black Hole Sun'. There shouldn't be any music snobbery because they are not mighty popular.

All I listen to lately are Audioslave, Chris and Foo fighters (not related but they are just great)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    Tahir2k wrote:

Here's hoping for a Soundgarden reunion...or a tour at least.

Read (probably on blabbermouth.net) that Chris Cornell or the other Soundgarden members has no intention of reuniting Soundgarden, its well done for them all.
    Like other people have posted when CC said about the solo album and the fact that Audioslave didnt tour for the 3rd album, i'm not surprised that they havent lasted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Eitherway, we wont have heard the last of any of them (which is a good thing). Chris Cornell will release his own solo material (which is gratefully recieved in this house ;) ) and Tom Morello etc will probably reignite the Rage!! It's all good :D

Although Audioslave were great while it lasted... It did almost feel like Chris Cornell had joined RATM at times.... and he deserves more than that. Rock royalty \m/

xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maplejar wrote:
    Eitherway, we wont have heard the last of any of them (which is a good thing). Chris Cornell will release his own solo material (which is gratefully recieved in this house ;) ) and Tom Morello etc will probably reignite the Rage!! It's all good :D

Although Audioslave were great while it lasted... It did almost feel like Chris Cornell had joined RATM at times.... and he deserves more than that. Rock royalty \m/

xx

Rage Against the Machine had 1 good album and that was their first. I agree Chris does deserve better than a RATM clone band but Audioslave rose above that. I listen to audioslave and I never think they sound like RATM. In fact they sound fook all like RATM.

Too many music snobs on this forum. Next you will be telling me AC/DC are just a rip off of some lame band....hang on I can't think of one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His second solo album is confirmed for April/May. This is best all round; Euphoria Morning was incredibly good.

I'd echo those that are against a Soundgarden reunion; times change. I'm fairly sceptical as to how the RATM reunion will go if it's beyond Coachella.