Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing...

Comments

• GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dronkula wrote: »
    Is Chris about to get a new love interest? When he walked into Charlie's the barman turned to look at him? Or was that just bad editing/acting?

Well, the barman featured later also. I don't think they'd pay an extra just so Christos could bring up Aiden so we could see Selfish Hoyland ignore him again, so I reckon it might also have been to ensure we know that the bar man is gay and therefore a love interest for Chris.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked today's episode - it's high time they started acknowledging how selfish Summer is and how she takes poor Chris for granted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dronkula wrote: »
    Is Chris about to get a new love interest? When he walked into Charlie's the barman turned to look at him? Or was that just bad editing/acting?

Chris said something about him having dated Aiden previously and therefore he recognises Chris, I thought he was as they say 'cracking onto' him too

I laughed off Summer's dismissal of Chris yesterday as i mistook it to be a funny scene, but when she did it again today and he typed what he did i felt so sorry for him

Lucas summing up his life.. nah too many obvious jokes there :D
  • Hypnos MetisHypnos Metis Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Quick question about Troy's funeral - if he had a house and a car (that the police were selling for some unknown reason) then why did Toadie have to pay for his funeral? It made out he had no money/possessions - but that can't be true. Surely Callum will inherit the house now? Or have I missed a vital plot point??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quick question about Troy's funeral - if he had a house and a car (that the police were selling for some unknown reason) then why did Toadie have to pay for his funeral? It made out he had no money/possessions - but that can't be true. Surely Callum will inherit the house now? Or have I missed a vital plot point??

Good point although on the house side of things I doubt if he had paid 1 months mortgage, so no Callum wouldn't get the house. The bank would probably repossess
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    What do the writers have against Lucas? Every woman he loves cheats and/or walks out on him. So when he wants to have some casual fun, he's treated like the local sleaze and he's somehow the villain over the whole Vanessa thing.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SXTony wrote: »
    I can't stand Jade as a character. The actress is good enough I think, it's just the character I don't like.

I never have, right from the begining when she was sticking her nose into other people's business, people she's only just met.

And the way she treats Kyle! He's well shot of her. I know she's been going through this Troy stuff recently, but she's always treated him like dirt. That's not to say he should get it on with Kate though.

She's a bit of a cold fish in my book. You could never really describe her as "warm" or "friendly".
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    lol, him with geeky glasses..will look later..i taped todays ep, so inspect it tonight :D

I think they've gone a bit overboard with geeking him up : ridiculous hair and glasses to the point where he looks more like a cartoon character than an actor in a soap :)

His hair certainly looks rather odd and unnatural, particularly at the back....it looks suspiciously like he's a short haired guy wearing a wig :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    His hair certainly looks rather odd and unnatural, particularly at the back....it looks suspiciously like he's a short haired guy wearing a wig :D

Looks like you're not wrong! :D
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s14/neighbours/news/a375676/neighbours-casts-sebastian-gregory-as-maths-genius-ed-lee.html
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »

I wouldn't call that picture 'short haired' In fact, it looks very much like it could be his own, jelled up hair in the show.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is a kiss on Neighbours like a massive betrayal and the end of the world? Susan and Karl split when Karl kissed Sarah, Libby and Darren when Darren kissed Janae and now Kyle and Jade. Surely if you are in a long term, committed, loving relationship you'd work through a kiss? I know if it was Mr D I'd clean the lav with his toothbrush and stick laxatives in his dinner but I'd not throw away our whole relationship on a kiss. Filthy animal sex and he'd be out on his ear but a kiss and he'd just suffer for a while and we'd work something out. I thought Neighbours was sexing things up a bit what with Summer getting jiggy with Andrew in Karl's house and Lucas and his one nighters but no - the whole kiss is the ultimate betrayal is back.

Jade is a selfish cow and seems to think it's ok she had it off with Mal seeing as her and Kyle weren't together. Erm hello does Mal's wife not come into it? I'm not really sure I've ever liked Jade much. Her being Sonya's sister despite being obviously part Thai also bugged me. Why not say they had different Dad's or something? They are actually quite similar in an odd way but you can't pretend they are full sisters.

Still I would take Jade and her selfishness over Princess Kate any day. A brilliant dancer (turn, lift hat and smirk), a brilliant teacher, brilliant at looking after Harold's and now brilliant at managing Charlie's. Everyone loves her despite her wanting to abandon Sophie for Brennan, abandon Siobie again after she snogged Noah and her drawers fell off instantly with Rhys. She also has a dreadful superiority complex and generally gets on my wick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is a kiss on Neighbours like a massive betrayal and the end of the world? Susan and Karl split when Karl kissed Sarah, Libby and Darren when Darren kissed Janae and now Kyle and Jade. Surely if you are in a long term, committed, loving relationship you'd work through a kiss? I know if it was Mr D I'd clean the lav with his toothbrush and stick laxatives in his dinner but I'd not throw away our whole relationship on a kiss. Filthy animal sex and he'd be out on his ear but a kiss and he'd just suffer for a while and we'd work something out. I thought Neighbours was sexing things up a bit what with Summer getting jiggy with Andrew in Karl's house and Lucas and his one nighters but no - the whole kiss is the ultimate betrayal is back.

Jade is a selfish cow and seems to think it's ok she had it off with Mal seeing as her and Kyle weren't together
    . Erm hello does Mal's wife not come into it? I'm not really sure I've ever liked Jade much. Her being Sonya's sister despite being obviously part Thai also bugged me. Why not say they had different Dad's or something? They are actually quite similar in an odd way but you can't pretend they are full sisters.

Still I would take Jade and her selfishness over Princess Kate any day. A brilliant dancer (turn, lift hat and smirk), a brilliant teacher, brilliant at looking after Harold's and now brilliant at managing Charlie's. Everyone loves her despite her wanting to abandon Sophie for Brennan, abandon Siobie again after she snogged Noah and her drawers fell off instantly with Rhys. She also has a dreadful superiority complex and generally gets on my wick.

I agree especially BIB or are we meant to conveniently forget it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SXTony wrote: »
    I wouldn't call that picture 'short haired' In fact, it looks very much like it could be his own, jelled up hair in the show.

I think so too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    I agree especially BIB or are we meant to conveniently forget it.

Well it was brought up the other day so clearly we're not meant to forget it. The difference is that Kate is supposedly Jade's best friend and pursued Kyle whereas Jade didn't know Katherine so it's a different circumstance really. Plus the Mal/Jade affair was pivotal for Jade realising that she needs to be more committed in her relationships.

Wow, I sound like a deranged Jade fan. I just like the growth in the character and that she's flawed - yes, she's a bit selfish and hypocritical but I'd rather that than 'PerfectKate'.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,732
    Forum Member
    PeteIsGod wrote: »
    Well it was brought up the other day so clearly we're not meant to forget it. The difference is that Kate is supposedly Jade's best friend and pursued Kyle whereas Jade didn't know Katherine so it's a different circumstance really. Plus the Mal/Jade affair was pivotal for Jade realising that she needs to be more committed in her relationships.

Wow, I sound like a deranged Jade fan. I just like the growth in the character and that she's flawed - yes, she's a bit selfish and hypocritical but I'd rather that than 'PerfectKate'.
    This entirely.

So nice to see someone else who gets Jade and the development of her story. Not that I think everyone who doesn't like Jade, doesn't get her, either. Flawed characters are better than characters like Kate.

Some other people have said that Jade is selfish and cold, but I think she has displayed many warm and friendly moments with Sonya, Toadie, Callum, Kate, Tash, Kyle...
    Why is a kiss on Neighbours like a massive betrayal and the end of the world? Susan and Karl split when Karl kissed Sarah, Libby and Darren when Darren kissed Janae and now Kyle and Jade. Surely if you are in a long term, committed, loving relationship you'd work through a kiss? I know if it was Mr D I'd clean the lav with his toothbrush and stick laxatives in his dinner but I'd not throw away our whole relationship on a kiss.
    The kiss is a massive betrayal for Jade. Maybe not for you, but for her it is. And that's the whole point: everyone is different and will react to situations differently. Jade and Kyle have not been together for long, and really, Jade hasn't been fully committed until recently. She has commitment issues, and trust issues, and has never had full confidence in her relationship with Kyle. So when he betrays the trust and commitment she has just developed, it blows her world upside down. It sets her back to default mode, and her initial reaction is to kick Kyle out and everything that reminds her of their ruined relationship. This is very much in character, and any other reaction would've been out of character.
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Vanessa's magical baby bump - it was nowhere to be seen today. The prop department aren't doing their job properly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^^ this. ETA, not ^^ this, the one above that.:mad:

Jade's character is a surprisingly complex and consistent one by Neighbours' standards. I've enjoyed her lots and will miss her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's episode was boring, pimp my crib was a waste of scenes. I don't like Vanessa or Rhys so that went over my head and as for Carl and Ayjay's band :sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Today's episode was boring, pimp my crib was a waste of scenes. I don't like Vanessa or Rhys so that went over my head and as for Carl and Ayjay's band :sleep:

It looked scary! reminded me of Bart's evil clown bed from The Simpsons

Although the Susan scenes were funny, didn't practically the exact same thing happen to Summer just yesterday?
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PeteIsGod wrote: »

Did Jade sleep with Mark Brennan or not?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    Did Jade sleep with Mark Brennan or not?

Yes, but he and Kate had split up at the time, plus their relationship wasn't serious at the time of the one-night stand.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    This entirely.

So nice to see someone else who gets Jade and the development of her story. Not that I think everyone who doesn't like Jade, doesn't get her, either. Flawed characters are better than characters like Kate.

Some other people have said that Jade is selfish and cold, but I think she has displayed many warm and friendly moments with Sonya, Toadie, Callum, Kate, Tash, Kyle...

The kiss is a massive betrayal for Jade. Maybe not for you, but for her it is. And that's the whole point: everyone is different and will react to situations differently. Jade and Kyle have not been together for long, and really, Jade hasn't been fully committed until recently. She has commitment issues, and trust issues, and has never had full confidence in her relationship with Kyle. So when he betrays the trust and commitment she has just developed, it blows her world upside down. It sets her back to default mode, and her initial reaction is to kick Kyle out and everything that reminds her of their ruined relationship. This is very much in character, and any other reaction would've been out of character.

Maybe it is understandable for Jade but Neighbours have used this one kiss and a relationship hits the dirt over and over again. They also do the must tell the injured party about the kiss thing over and over. Why? How was Jade going to find out? Why did Kate have to tell her? Kate was vile to Jade when Jade slept with Brennan which makes me think she was being cruel insisting Jade was told. She's got a nasty while pretending to be nice streak in her.

Just in case it's not obvious - I don't like Kate. Her halo has slipped way too much for her to continue with her superiority complex.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    It's like they're trying to make Kate more interesting, which clearly isn't going to work. Yes Jade has overreated in the eyes of most people to one kiss, but she has had a really tough time and Kyle was the first man she's actually trusted.

I do feel a little teeny bit sorry for Kate though; she has liked Kyle for ages and Jade was being a cow to Kyle before she admitted the Troy stuff to him. Kate and Kyle had that good day together with the odd man who would only deal with families (what was that about??) and Kyle did kiss her so I do have a lil part of me that feels for Kate.

Still, she should have just kept shtum, but to be fair she wanted to - it was Kyle who wanted to tell Jade and Kate just thought it'd be best if she did it first. Plus she doesn't want to lose Sophie again.

I have to stop overthinking soaps so much....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kate 'the truth' Ramsey strikes again!
    Sophie's pregnancy claim was hilarious though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Kate 'the truth' Ramsey strikes again!
    Sophie's pregnancy claim was hilarious though.

This sounds interesting
This discussion has been closed.