Spiral (Engrenages) Series Four

Comments

• minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Well people used to comment on Spiral here - they just seem to have disappeared for this series. The comments that are at the Grauniad are mainly favourable too - it's just that we're only at p.2 there instead of with TK it would often go to about 10 pages. I've been talking about it there as it's so quiet here! Ah well! :)

There isn't the mystery and problem solving that made TK so brilliant- it withstood so much detailed picking apart ;)

I still love it though
    Herville's behaviour is appalling. If he has to replace Laure, he could at least do it with some decorum, and not embarrass Laure continually in front of her colleagues.
    Incidentally, do you think she's a bad cop?

I was thinking the same, regarding the Sarahouis. As they've been arrested for Nabil's murder I wonder if that'll be the end of that ..,,,but then there's the problem with the gun.

I completely agree with you about Herville: slimey git quick to blame and quick to take the credit for any good arrests that have happened despite him, not because of him :mad:

I can't see them just neglecting the Sarahouis aspect- though maybe that will occur in series 5? The backlash from them targetting Gilou?
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minkski wrote: »
    There isn't the mystery and problem solving that made TK so brilliant- it withstood so much detailed picking apart ;)

I suppose so. I need to revise what I said before though about there being 2 pages at the Guardian. I forgot that there are tons of comments per page. They still get about 900 comments per week at the Spiral blog so a healthy amount! We've gone right into detail with the analysing of what might happen and the characters.
    Forum Member
    I suppose so. I need to revise what I said before though about there being 2 pages at the Guardian. I forgot that there are tons of comments per page. They still get about 900 comments per week at the Spiral blog so a healthy amount! We've gone right into detail with the analysing of what might happen and the characters.

I may wander over and have a look :)
  • bytheburnbytheburn Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    How's it going to end?

Will Sami will be killed off & Laure's two timing will get her dumped so she'll be single again and back living in the car?

Will Josephine'll come up with a dastardly plan to get Pierre out his pickle with the crims and he'll like her again?

Will Judge Roban will topple Garnier and get his job and Marianne back (maybe a wee romance brewing there)?

Will Tintin get his mojo sorted in time so he and Gilou can get back out on raids again, nutting thugs as they go along?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    It was - hate to admit it but I can't remember a flipping thing now!
    Also had no idea they were continuing the story. Am pretty sure that's a first for Spiral.

They showed series 3 alright. It was subtitled 'The Butcher of Villette' [helpfully translated by me here] as I recall. about a serial killer.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »

German eh?? that makes a difference
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the Guardian commenters have friend requested the actors of the show on Facebook and they've been added. The actors have also sent messages back! Tintin speaks quite good English, as does Gilou and Sami (who does the odd update or two himself on his FB fan page). La Redhead apparently doesn't accept people she doesn't know on FB but Laure does.
    Forum Member
    Just hauling this thread back up in readiness for tonight's double bill finale :)
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaargh, I'm excited! I don't know how well I'll be able to concentrate though, as I have drunk quite a bit of red wine. I've been making a huge pot of boeuf bourguignon all evening, and I've been pouring wine one for the pot, one for me... It's just ready so I'm eating and drinking red wine simultaneously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this I'm going to get some red wine and cheese. :D

I don't like watching TV whilst on the computer though (apart from Pointless...) so will be back later.....
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    Aaargh, I'm excited! I don't know how well I'll be able to concentrate though, as I have drunk quite a bit of red wine. I've been making a huge pot of boeuf bourguignon all evening, and I've been pouring wine one for the pot, one for me... It's just ready so I'm eating and drinking red wine simultaneously.

Sounds good to me :D

May pop open a bottle myself, and have some cheese :cool:
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member
    Oh no, Sami :( Poor Laure
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm exhausted after all that.
  • pattycakepattycake Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phew!!! definitely not Lewis!!!

can't wait for series 5
    Forum Member
    Oh no, Sami :( Poor Laure

:cry:
    Elanor wrote: »
    I'm exhausted after all that.

I thought these last 2 episodes were the best in the series! I'm exhausted too! :D
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess Herville didn't get his promotion then.:cool:

That was sad. Somehow I had a feeling either Sami or Tintin were going to die this season.

Wish they'd caught Thomas - maybe they'll catch him next time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess Herville didn't get his promotion then.:cool:

I swear he flickered a smile when he looked at Laure wailing. The bastard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a comic moment when Layla dropped dead because she was agitated over her sons duffing each other up.

But Sami .................. nooooooooooooooo! Laure really is unlucky in love. I suppose this is going to affect her relationship with Vincent. For the last three episodes I've been wondering, who would I choose in that situation - Sami or Vincent - both of them gorgeous. I didn't foresee that the end to Laure's dilemma would be taken out of her hands.

And Tin Tin traumatised again.

Can't help but think Sophie's parents are going to have a shock. There they were thinking that she's happily studying at university, acquiring top grades - and all the time she was launching a terrorist attack on police headquarters.

Very sad about Sami. He wasn't a core member of the cast however and whilst Tin Tin's injured again, they still haven't taken any risks with killing core members of the cast.

And Roban closes down on Marianne, having hinted to her that he had feelings for her, just as poor Marianne turned up having made an effort to look extra attractive.
  • rachael7rachael7 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes poor Laure but what about the late licence for those jolly nice club owners? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And of course, when security was being tightened up in all public buildings in Paris in anticipation of a bomb attack by terrorists, police headquarters lets a girl carrying a backpack just walk through when she flashes an identity card which isn't her own. If that's increased security, what's it like normally?!
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas has disappeared into the crowds in suit, which was a nice touch and Jorkal being blown up by his wife..The explosion was brilliantly done and poor Laure... Tintin, he wife was in labour he was almost catatonic.
    Forum Member
    Cadence wrote: »

And Roban closes down on Marianne, having hinted to her that he had feelings for her, just as poor Marianne turned up having made an effort to look extra attractive.

Yes it was as though he was suspicious of her after the prosecutor told him the Masons helped him get off - but she wouldn't be in the Masons :D
    Forum Member
    Are the police representative of real French men? I've only stayed overnight in France on the way to Lake Garda so have no idea. It's just that they're supposed to be great lovers but the police in this are a bunch of scruffy, unwashed (that's what the look like :D) indviduals - mostly! And you wouldn't want to touch them with a bargepole haha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it was as though he was suspicious of her after the prosecutor told him the Masons helped him get off - but she wouldn't be in the Masons :D

I found it difficult to interpret his sudden embarrassment or withdrawal in respect of Marianne. At the time, I thought it was because he'd been reinstated and was therefore back in the role of Judge and saw her more formally in the role of clerk. He'd become more open to her when everyone was against him and she was the only one to publically offer support. But you're right, he was shaken by learning that rather than winning out as an individual because of the rightness of his case, he'd in fact been helped behind the scenes on a network of privilege of which he was now a part. It was rather naive of him not to have realised I think, but perhaps he was in shock that he was now part of something he'd always abhorred and that made him withdraw emotionally from Marianne? Or perhaps his feelings for her weren't what he thought, and he only felt close to her when it was the both of them against the world.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are the police representative of real French men? I've only stayed overnight in France on the way to Lake Garda so have no idea. It's just that they're supposed to be great lovers but the police in this are a bunch of scruffy, unwashed (that's what the look like :D) indviduals - mostly! And you wouldn't want to touch them with a bargepole haha

Oh I don't know, I thought Sami was sex on legs :D However I'd still have gone for Vincent - more reliable. I don't like it when men disappear without warning and then turn up again just as suddenly, expecting to resume once I'm in another relationship. But then Laure never was known for her healthy and stable relationship patterns. :D