Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Gloria keep saying Karl saved Stella's life?

He got into the bedroom where Stella was and got trapped himself.

How was that saving her life? :confused:
  • Options
    NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is Karl still in hospital?
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think he needs to be there for the development of the drama!
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member

He said hes got a few bruises and burns to his hands.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    He's probably going to try and mess with Sunita's life support to make sure she doesn't wake up as she saw him start the fire.
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    It's a SOR that the fire brigade are unable to detect that an accelerant was used to start the fire.

I'm not a firefighter but I would have thought that it would be one of the first things to be eliminated when investigating the cause of a fire.
  • Options
    SIOPHIE_FIERCESIOPHIE_FIERCE Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    I'm not looking forward to all the whinging about Sunita. And it's such a SOR that Sophie Webster spoke to Dev and Sunita as she did, let alone interfering and trying to get them back together.

No it's not. Sophie has always been close to Sunita and Sunita was Sophie's confidante when she was just starting to deal with being a lesbian or whenever she had any problems. It's also pretty obvious that Dev has always had a soft spot for Sophie.
  • Options
    SsddSsdd Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why didn't Kirsty turn off the baby monitor instead of turning up the TV?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clayton_st wrote: »
    Tyrone's in court shortly. I'm amazed that he hasn't been given bail. He's been in clink for months.In real life even people charged with similar offences or even murder get bail nowadays.

Who gets bail when charged with murder? Very few people.

Anyway, Tyrone has been refused bail because he tried to abscond with Ruby. He wouldn't be granted bail after something like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Ssdd wrote: »

cos she's thick
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who gets bail when charged with murder? Very few people..

oscar Pistorious, OJ Simpson...

Just kidding :D
  • Options
    bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ssdd wrote: »

To be fair in a house that size you'd have been able to hear the Baby crying down the stairs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bgtension wrote: »
    To be fair in a house that size you'd have been able to hear the Baby crying down the stairs.

Of course but the immediate noise would have gone. But she is irrational.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Gloria keep saying Karl saved Stella's life?

He got into the bedroom where Stella was and got trapped himself.

How was that saving her life? :confused:

That's exactly what I said - but for him going back in, that Toni would still be alive. Why are people saying he's a hero when, in actual fact, his actions (that they know of, they don't know he started the fire) endangered a fire officer's life. And yet Jason is the villain? Why isn't the Tiny Fireman going after Karl?

Also, nice to see Stella - while unconcious - was still able to apply her make up. Last I saw her, she'd had a bath - and presumably washed off her make up - and was covered in soot and bits of roof, only to wake in hospital with full make up in place.

And why does Eileen need to take time off work? She'd known Toni for all of 2 minutes and Paul himself went back to work. The woman's pathetic and weak willed.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bgtension wrote: »

Fantastic - albeit selective - soundproofing in those houses - one minute, Eileen can hear Tyrone and Kirsty shouting to such an extent she can give evidence to the police and yet they can't hear a baby screaming it's head off and Kirsty's tv getting louder? When I lived in a terraced property like that, I could hear my neighbour taking cutlery out of the drawer!
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Anyone else notice that only 2
    People were apparently allowed at the bedside yet 20 mins later Jason Karl Eva and Gloria were
    All in there !!
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Find it hard to believe that they are all blaming Jason when the fire brigade investigation would not have been concluded yet, even Paul would know that, but he's jumping to conclusions too. Paul should be the one advising people not to assume anything until the inquiry was finished surely?
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Corrie have an unwritten law that everybody ALWAYS has to blame the wrong person regardless of evidence or common sense?
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    Why does Corrie have an unwritten law that everybody ALWAYS has to blame the wrong person regardless of evidence or common sense?

I think they will blame Ruby for the fire next.
  • Options
    ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure that it's "unwritten". I think it's written into every scriptwriter's contract that they MUST include wrongful arrests or wrongful accusations for EVERY crime, felony, misdemeanour or major mishap. They presumably get a bonus if they can get two or more innocents accused before the real offender is eventually revealed.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it's not. Sophie has always been close to Sunita and Sunita was Sophie's confidante when she was just starting to deal with being a lesbian or whenever she had any problems. It's also pretty obvious that Dev has always had a soft spot for Sophie.[/QUOTE]

Always been close? Obvious Dev has a soft spot? Sophie screeched at both of them. No-one could take her seriously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes tis an unwritten law which goes back in the annals of Corrie time. Just like the other classics - no woman can have a baby without a prolonged birth, no one can get married without a some melodrama or another and Kenneth Barlow is the only academic on the street. Young '2 degrees' Jennna doesn't count because we all know exams were much harder in Kenneth's day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Katy called to see Ches why was St. Fiz harping on at Katy and standing there like it was her business?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Valentine wrote: »
    Fantastic - albeit selective - soundproofing in those houses - one minute, Eileen can hear Tyrone and Kirsty shouting to such an extent she can give evidence to the police and yet they can't hear a baby screaming it's head off and Kirsty's tv getting louder? When I lived in a terraced property like that, I could hear my neighbour taking cutlery out of the drawer!

For some reason Kirsty's manic, abusive screeching somehow failed to carry through the walls yet Eileen somehow managed to hear Tyrone's quieter and gentler voice loud and clear :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    Exactly what I said previously. I just knew she was in it to make up the death toll.:rolleyes:

Like the new characters in Star Trek who always got killed while Kirk, Spock and the other regulars miraculously survived!:D
This discussion has been closed.