Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    oh I would love a U2 and Madonna collab ...but fear I am in the minority :( they are the two biggest selling live artists ever. It's a definite no on George Michael as his last few releases were very below par and live performance at olympics was pure cringe. But maybe back in the day.

Madonna has continued to release albums of a good quality. Her last two while not her best in her career are still good pop albums. MDNA is so addictive I still love it.

What Madonna tracks are featuring heavy on your playlist currently?
    For me: Some Girls, Im Addicted, Love Spent, Falling Free, think of me, words

Alos someone mentioned Orbit remix of Some Girls. Any idea where I can hear it?
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it's possible she could do something with U2 since they do have the same manager, Guy Oseary now. They are working on a new album with Danger Mouse, who has a background in electronic music. U2 has experimented somewhat with electronics I guess, but when I think of them I think of the typical stadium rock stuff that's their biggest hits like Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride (in the name of Love) and I Still Haven't Found What I'm looking For etc. which is not my thing at all. Honestly, I haven't followed them that closely. I suppose they could be open to experimentation and do something with Madonna but I don't think their signature sound would be something that suits her.

I know GM's recent releases have been sup par, but I just love the sound of his voice. His voice is still quite good. I saw him at his Symphonica concert and it was wonderful. I still think he has the ability to be an amazing songwriter and he is more in the pop/dance/ballad mode that I associate with Madonna.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When was the last time M sang the Vogue rap live?
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

MDNA Tour didn't she? Yeah I'm sure she did
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member

The Sticky & Sweet Tour.

I was going to say MDNA, but I watched her tour performance, l'Olympia performance and Superbowl performance on YT and she sings the damn thing live but the track kicks in for the rap. It's super obvious here.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sticky & Sweet Tour.

I was going to say MDNA, but I watched her tour performance, l'Olympia performance and Superbowl performance on YT and she sings the damn thing live but the track kicks in for the rap. It's super obvious here.

Ah, completely forgot about the S&S performance. It was a great one. Love the remix. Such an M-Dolla moment.

I see what you mean with the l'Olympia performance. It's like it on the MDNA DVD too (which was why I posted originally). Completely shameless. She could at least record a new vocal to lip sync to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was great to see Madonna referenced to in the latest Sherlock as part of a pre-wedding game between Sherlock and John :D.

And before i went to work heard Nick grimshaw on Radio One saying if he were a woman he would like to be a cross between Madonna and Angelina Jolie ...so that is why he is chewing gum a lot...the cheaters way there....struck me something funny is all XD.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Nick Grimshaw as Madonna, lol, that is funny!

We could nickname him Bombay Sapphire after Rocco's favourite tipple.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gotta love the fact she is on her holidays yet the newspapers still want gossip all of the time...takes me back to her 2010 mini speech on Ellen when she said how muc the world would be far healthier without people gossiping....but alas it comes as an instinct in some cases....sick but hey!

By the sound of it the Art for Freedom curations will be held with Madonna alongside a different artist each time ...the first one is confirmed to be with Katy Perry....Much as i am not a KP fan it does intrigue me as to where M may be heading with it...anyways more artists look set to be joining Madonna...would adore it if Yoko Ono (being the humanist that she is in the art and music world) was to be one of them...also wondering if Frank Ocean may be one in the future too he has come up a lot in mentions recently....we shall see...but i really think Madonna is really creating something insane and future thinking here.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katy perry and madge, wtf.:o i know its not a musical collaboration, but she could and has done a lot worse before now, lmfao.:blush:

i like that she hasn't ditched the #artforfreedom project and seems to be still pushing it forward. she's at her best when she's truly inspired by something and its profile building for her, during her time away from the music scene.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Art For Freedom is rooted in everything Madonna has ever stood for. I don't think she will ever ditch it now she has finally found a way of using social media to sell her cause.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Art For Freedom is rooted in everything Madonna has ever stood for. I don't think she will ever ditch it now she has finally found a way of using social media to sell her cause.

i do agree with that. say what you like about madonna and lets face it, people do talk a lot about her, but she has always had good set of values. this project is a great way of reminding people about the things that really matter to her and what she has always stood for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have to say i tried to avoid this video going viral (for obvious urging reasons) but i gave in when two friends posted it on my FB wall...i clicked.....forgive me

http://vimeo.com/82638290

some are pretty impressive...and pretty....and impressive ;)

now on a serious note...

I adore what she stands for as a humanist and activist and people soemtiems let the media portrayal of Madonna or gossip taint what she stands for in music, performance and as a human being...and this Art For Freedom RELOVEUTION is a viral video display of what she stands for and it is a pwoerful thing.

Now while i am absolutely not a fan of Katy Perry...i do admire her for bringing it further into the mainstream by including her (if it gets rediculous and Pitbull, Will.i.am and Jason Derulo get involved i will take back that sentence) though i also dont want it to detract away from the message by "glossing it up"

anyways this latest video posted by her created by her dancer Chaz Buzan is beautiful...have a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCOrT3ahd2c&feature=em-uploademail
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I adore what she stands for as a humanist and activist and people soemtiems let the media portrayal of Madonna or gossip taint what she stands for in music, performance and as a human being...and this Art For Freedom RELOVEUTION is a viral video display of what she stands for and it is a pwoerful thing.

some people have closed minds when it comes to madonna. its much easier to condemn her, rather than take time out and search a bit deeper. she's a very divisive lady, that is what draws me to her personally and always has done. other people find that intimidating though and prefer safer more generic substitutes. its fairly obvious though, that she cares deeply for humanity and i am glad that she has found a media to showcase that.:)

rather unsurprisingly, i quite enjoyed your first link.:D the dancing was, erm, eye-catching and the dancers were, erm, very flexible.:blush: i really enjoyed chaz buzan's video too, he's a very passionate and expressive dancer.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    some people have closed minds when it comes to madonna. its much easier to condemn her, rather than take time out and search a bit deeper. she's a very divisive lady, that is what draws me to her personally and always has done. other people find that intimidating though and prefer safer more generic substitutes. its fairly obvious though, that she cares deeply for humanity and i am glad that she has found a media to showcase that.:)

rather unsurprisingly, i quite enjoyed your first link.:D the dancing was, erm, eye-catching and the dancers were, erm, very flexible.:blush: i really enjoyed chaz buzan's video too, he's a very passionate and expressive dancer.:)

Dividing the world and uniting the world in the same time zone...only Madonna...reasons why i adore ehr so too!

I do hope all of this is elading toward the enxt album visually and audio.....really am anticipating some truly insane material with this.

and i am glad it wasnt a surprise you enjoyed it..cant believe i put it off for so long i very much love bustin shapes myself...thankfully never on camera ...well mostly anyway :blush:;-) and yup very flexable talented and "talented" folk!...and yeah he really is was a beautiful video to see...Chaz is such a talent and hope he remains part of her Posse...havent been so attatched to a dancer since Cloud tbh when he joined M in 03 :) so yeah its kick ass! and the Irrepressibles are a beautiful band...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dividing the world and uniting the world in the same time zone...only Madonna...reasons why i adore ehr so too!

I do hope all of this is elading toward the enxt album visually and audio.....really am anticipating some truly insane material with this.

and i am glad it wasnt a surprise you enjoyed it..cant believe i put it off for so long i very much love bustin shapes myself...thankfully never on camera ...well mostly anyway :blush:;-) and yup very flexable talented and "talented" folk!...and yeah he really is was a beautiful video to see...Chaz is such a talent and hope he remains part of her Posse...havent been so attatched to a dancer since Cloud tbh when he joined M in 03 :) so yeah its kick ass! and the Irrepressibles are a beautiful band...

i have high hopes for the next record too. i don't care about chart positions or sales, which seems to be very important to some fan bases. what i want is quality music with impact and i am sure she can deliver both in abundance.:cool:

yeah, i do like that track from "the irrepressibles" and it fits perfectly with the message at the heart of that performance. i hope she keeps chaz on too, she's got a knack for discovering talented people.
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna working with Adele..is that true?
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna working with Adele..is that true?

Nothing confirmed and probably just rumours but I'd love for it to be true
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope to god its true!!!

I've long said Madonna needed to do another ballad album and it really seems like it might be happening. It will do her wonders at this point in her career trust me. I'm willing to state right now it will out sell both Hard Candy and MDNA.

I really hope this 'grown up' ballad album is true. It being reported in the mainstream media does give me hope that it is! :D

I tell you what else really makes me believe this. The Patrick Leonard rumours. It all adds up. Some of her best ballads came from him. OMG its really happening guys!
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I hope to god its true!!!

I've long said Madonna needed to do another ballad album and it really seems like it might be happening. It will do her wonders at this point in her career trust me. I'm willing to state right now it will out sell both Hard Candy and MDNA.

I really hope this 'grown up' ballad album is true. It being reported in the mainstream media does give me hope that it is! :D

I tell you what else really makes me believe this. The Patrick Leonard rumours. It all adds up. Some of her best ballads came from him. OMG its really happening guys!

I just could not have said it better myself!

Please let this be true!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We shall see....personally am not a massive fan of Adele....just not really to my taste really.

And also it is Daily FAIL "reporting" which most of the time is a bit iffy anyway...and the way they wrote " a representative has confirmed she is finally making a grown up record" is just insulting as i dont think i have ever heard Madonna record a bubblegum/nonsense album in full ever :/ confused me...as most/all her albums have a dark nature and eprsonal nature about them really or stemmed/recorded from a grittier place/space in time.

BUT i am intrigued as to where she is heading...an all out ballad album i doubt BUT an instropsective/creative/innovative album of material i am here for....just Madonna and Patrick Leonard will do...but wouldnt mind some guests along the way (Daft Punk and Blood Orange i would adore as cameo producers) William Orbit to executive produce with Madonna would be sensational too!...We shall of coruse see :)

Personally I cannot wait for Madonna to really push boundaries again :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, style wise would love M to work with the Akerlunds in visuals and style :) would make for some strong/captivating looks...adored the gear for the Superbowl two years back and i lvoed the costumes M wore for the Bazarr interview.
    Forum Member
    i think that Adele and M will record a track together ... but I suspect that this has probably happened already. She has apparently also recorded with Katy Perry. I suspect that the revolution movement will be where Madonna lies for her next album. Deep, arty, visceral messages foretold in ballads, edm and pop-rock. She is captivating on what has been amazingly successful and fruitful for her. ArtforFreedom is so powerful as a movement.

I am currently listening to lots of rare and unreleased tracks --- what are your faves?
    Forum Member
    i would love 2 albums this year
    - new studio album
    - a rare and unreleased reinvented collection [the reintegration]

ideas for [the reintegration]

revenge - redone on production
    my sore smile
    La Petite Jeune Fille
    triggering your senses ft Daft Punk
    miss you
    run ft CeeLo Green and Slash
    superpop
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=b

ideas for [the reintegration]

revenge - redone as producer
    my sore smile
    La Petite Jeune Fille
    triggering your senses ft Daft Punk
    miss you
    run ft CeeLo Green and Slash
    superpop - needs to be reimagined with modern edm.... will.i.am and adi monsieur
    I can't forget ft Adele - Rick Rubin; Paul Epworth as producers: this would be a good collaboration basis
    Queen's English - more strings and jazz
    Latte/Pala Tute
    Bio ft Katy Perry
    im in love with love ft Bjork
    like a flower
    dear father