Options

Verity Rushworth - Fantastic!

soapreturneesoapreturnee Posts: 421
Forum Member
The scenes tonight with Verity Rushworth were amazing - a great actress and character, she's going to be well missed from the show! :) her return story did not disappoint! :):) well done to her and the writers!! fantastic!!

Comments

• Options
    dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. That scene where she was screaming in the field was heartbreaking
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Absolutely supreme isn't she?

I can't believe she has to leave.
  • Options
    fi_onafi_ona Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant heartbreaking performance.
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god, I will be crying when I watch tomorrow, I can tell.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so sad that she was brought back to be killed off so soon.

I think the whole storyline has been heartbreaking right from the off then add in the love story with Ross :(

I think Donna and Ross have great chemistry and would of been nice to see them in a normal relationship not being bad for a while before she passed.

The acting by everyone involved in the storyline has been fantastic and I am sure there is more to come.

Emmerdale have shown corie how to write a cancer storyline with love and feeling and in a sensitive way without having the character transplant like hayley. never in all her years on the street was hayley selfish until she was dying
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A great scene when she was screaming in the field. Good actress.
  • Options
    lolasofielolasofie Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is but Marlon is completely ruining the storyline for me :(
  • Options
    abbottababbottab Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a crying shame. Donna doesn't have many fans who like her. The character has been in it for 21 years, and at present she is the second to longest 'character' in it! I hope they will give her a deserved send off.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching now and tearing up....damn those allergies.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    lolasofie wrote: »
    She is but Marlon is completely ruining the storyline for me :(

Why? I think he's playing it really well. Him and especially Donna were superb tonight. It was heartbreaking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donna Kebab needs to make her mind up.
    One minute she’s dashing round a field screaming about cancer, then the next she’s trying it on with Marvin.
    Sly as a fox that one.

It’s Lauren I feel sorry for here, she’s being taken for a right fool.
    Donna and Marvin seem to be constantly palming the kids off on her and telling her to get out of the house, just so they can lounge around on the sofa snogging and fondling each other.

Bit cheeky if you ask me.
    I bet that kid’s not even called April, she’s probably called Beryl or Susan or something really.
    She’s probably not even Donna’s, and she certainly isn’t Marvin’s, she’s quite a pretty girl.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Thought Verity Rushworth was absolutely brilliant last night. Seriously good, incredibly moving. She's been helped by some really good writing in this storyline - the way her and Marlon talked last night was just so good, very honest and painful and even funny sometimes, really black humour. But Verity's been amazing. Takes a lot to move me but this has - like everyone else said, that scene in the field was genuinely heartbreaking.

So impressed. :blush:
  • Options
    MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant scenes from Verity and Mark tonight, few tears were brought to my eyes:cry:

Have a feeling I'll be crying alot over the next few weeks especially when Ross finds out - think the ladies man has fallen in love with Donna
  • Options
    peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    Wonderfully acted by Verity Rushworth last night, worthy of any BBC drama. And well done to the writers for a very good script.

Be interesting to see how the Ross story plays out.
  • Options
    _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's incredible. Such a shame she's leaving so soon.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never even had a slightly moist eye for Hayley, the story was just awful

BUT, last night I was in tears as Donna ran into the field screaming against her fate, a great performance, but then I have always liked Donna, though why she married Moron was a definite SOR. So sad that she will be leaving shortly.:(
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree, very moving scenes. I have enjoyed Donna's scenes with anyone but Ross more than the ones with Ross however. It's a shame that she doesn't reconsider her involvement after talking about how she's wished away the time at work rather than spending it with April.
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    MrJames wrote: »
    Absolutely supreme isn't she?

I can't believe she has to leave.
    Why on earth have they brought her back just to kill her off?? (Ok they are giving Marlon his daughter but surely no need to kill off Donna).
    Also, has anone any idea how they are going to deal with the sad loss of the little boy who plays Marlon and the Rhona's little boy?
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    She's brilliant! Makes tears come to my eye.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    Why on earth have they brought her back just to kill her off?? (Ok they are giving Marlon his daughter but surely no need to kill off Donna).
    Also, has anone any idea how they are going to deal with the sad loss of the little boy who plays Marlon and the Rhona's little boy?
    There were 2 babies 'acting' the part. I imagine they will just use the 2nd baby for the few occasions when little Leo needs to be seen. :(
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popsiemia wrote: »

As sad as it sounds, they'll hire a replacement. I can't imagine them killing the character off so soon after Donna's death, and within the next few weeks, they'll have caught up to the time he died in real life.

Saying that, it's not unusual for child actors to be recast several times when they are still babies.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    There were 2 babies 'acting' the part. I imagine they will just use the 2nd baby for the few occasions when little Leo needs to be seen. :(

People keep saying that, but I always though that the Leo who died (sorry, I cannot recall his name), took over from the "old Leo" and played him full-time?
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    People keep saying that, but I always though that the Leo who died (sorry, I cannot recall his name), took over from the "old Leo" and played him full-time?
    No, there are always at least two of all soap babies - mainly to do with the number of hours babies are allowed to 'work', and partly because babies are not always available at the drop of a hat for one reason or another.
  • Options
    Ashley79Ashley79 Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Loving Verity's work at the moment, such a gripping storyline and played to perfection. Emmerdale deserves the ratings boost at the moment. Hard hitting, heart wrenching, entertaining drama or Mick learning to swim, lol. No contest.
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verity is a really convincing actress. I was in tears tonight watching her making the video. I was a bit less convinced with Marlon but I'm sure that's just me...not him. He's got a bit of a funny face and tragedy doesn't fit with it.