Options

Imagine if Sallie Axl had received a free pass to the final

da33431da33431 Posts: 48,932
Forum Member
Would last years BB have been able to redeem her in the same way they are trying with Helen?

Comments

• Options
    RonanMRonanM Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    da33431 wrote: »
    Would last years BB have been able to redeem her in the same way they are trying with Helen?

Out of the two I prefer Sallie.

Now Helen, Hazel, Gina, Toya and Sallie in a house together, it would be some show probably taken off air as it wouldn't stay verbal.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they can redeem anyone, you only have to not have a row for a couple of days and you get people start saying "awwwwwwwww, they've learnt a lot about themselves and really changed, I am warming to them now" :D
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a chance. Sallie makes Helen look like an angel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    they can redeem anyone, you only have to not have a row for a couple of days and you get people start saying "awwwwwwwww, they've learnt a lot about themselves and really changed, I am warming to them now" :D

Lol, horribly true >:(:(:D
  • Options
    goldylookinfishgoldylookinfish Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's surprising how gullible and easily manipulated some people are. Like lemmings walking off the 'vote for Helen' cliff.
  • Options
    DLS1DLS1 Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Not a chance. Sallie makes Helen look like an angel.

More like she makes Helen look like a genius. Sallie was an unrepentant MORON, seriously, was she the stupidest HM ever? She's (Sallie) certainly in the running.
  • Options
    farlofanfarlofan Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both cut from the same cloth
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RonanM wrote: »
    Out of the two I prefer Sallie.

Now Helen, Hazel, Gina, Toya and Sallie in a house together, it would be some show probably taken off air as it wouldn't stay verbal.

Omg imagine
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My take, Sallie put a lot of it on, the arguments, confrontation because she thought it would make her talked about and help her go down in BB history as a fearless hm that was 'real' and could put it out there regardless of who cared. If Sallie had realised during the show how unlikeable it made her look she'd have tried to change tact, but prob fail in the process because it would be obvious and she prob had no B plan anyway because this A game was what she was going to ram down ppl, and by god she did. Helen on the other hand, the arguments (and need to argue) from her are real and less orchestrated. She gets into them, not because she wants to necessarily, but because she can't help herself, as her shouting and being angry is a now a long term defence mechanism that she's using as a survival tool, not just for in the house, but prob pre-BB in the outside world were all those issues have somehow manifested to her outbursts in the BB house.Sometimes I think whoever was in there, she'd have something to be upset about, because deep down she's an upset person.

Given her publicity before the house, Helen had this inbuilt shield from the off, whereas Sallie's back story doesn't really have correlate with her in house behaviour, she was putting on a over the top persona and it was just too try hard and to the point you could just turn your back and ignore her. Helen doesn't even have to try, she's so used to being on a high defensive that what comes out of her is her main communication and it's hard to dodge her because she's adamant she has a rightful reason for how she is. Sallie's game was obvious, and even though she wasn't likeable either you could laugh at her desperate attempts, whereas with Helen you feel sorry for the way she is, because it's her to the bare bones. Sallie was a wannabe, Helen is playing no one, she is herself, so if you are on the end of Helen's wrath it's real. Sallie would never have lasted even with a pass, she just wouldn't be able to play her game long term, burnt herself out and maybe quit (because underneath she was mentally a girl trying to act like a powerful woman to be reckoned with).
  • Options
    jim_lyonsjim_lyons Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have been a better series I reckon. At least there would have been more to it than the Callum, Charlie, Dexter "Love" triangle.
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other way around IMO Helen makes Sallie look like an Angel

Imagine both being in the same house at the same time.....now that's what I really call Armageddon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sallie was insufferable. She was sooo stupid e.g. continually shouting fake or actor during the interview with Michael. And the sssssssnake business Jesus Christ >:(

I would take Helen over Sallie any day.
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    Forgive me go all Godwin on this (or not)...I'm regretfully coming to the conclusion that if Hitler was on BB (or possibly CBB) and was given a pass into final and had the same BB orchestrated redemption journey, I can imagine some people saying how "complex" his character is and seeing him as a "damaged" person....and any mention of the War or the Holocaust would be met with accusations of scraping the barrel and using it as a stick to beat him with..."it was all a defence mechanism"..."he had trust issues"..."he was only defending his friends"..."some Jewish people can be very sarcastic and bitchy" :eek:

Apparently, when not waging war, Hitler was charismatic, hilarious and was rather fond of his dog, much like Helen...of course there are many difference between Helen and Hitler, for example......Helen has only verbally abused one Jewish person (Matthew) (as far as I know)....and people keep saying she hasn't actually killed anyone, as if people killing other people on reality TV was the norm...and by virtue of Helen not actually killing anyone (as far as we know) on BB (so far) means that there's nothing to criticise :eek:

:D:blush: