Options

Arne Dahl BBC4 6th April NO SPOILERS!!!

Comments

• Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    quincyg wrote: »
    no all 26 of Krister's had been shown. the only outstanding ones were the Rolf Lassård films... perhaps they've added them onto the end? a strange way of showing them if they have,
    :confused:

That idea just occurred to me as well... perhaps the person who wrote the Radio Times link is unaware that Krister Wallander and Rolf Wallander are separate programmes
  • Options
    DBCDBC Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the past both the RT and the Sunday Times have shown the wrong picture.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    That idea just occurred to me as well... perhaps the person who wrote the Radio Times link is unaware that Krister Wallander and Rolf Wallander are separate programmes

Aye, all Swedes look the same ;) BBC often put Kenny Branflakes pic up for Krister's Wallander. God kmows what theyll do if they release Jussi is played by a different lab this series. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    quincyg wrote: »
    Aye, all Swedes look the same ;) BBC often put Kenny Branflakes pic up for Krister's Wallander. God kmows what theyll do if they release Jussi is played by a different lab this series. :D

I wouldn't put it past them to put up a pic of Johanna Sällström rather than Charlotta Jonsson when they are writing about Linda Wallander
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Dirty RoosterDirty Rooster Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On tonight's episode, if everything goes MY way ;
    Sullen Finn snaps and murders his whole family in their lovely new summerhouse,
    Holm gets sacked as someone in the force wakes up and realises she's been a right crim,
    fat-faced irish-looking bloke starts shooting people again,
    token foreign-looking characters turn out to be BADDIES!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »

As has been said this isn't the first time BBC4 has gotten their Wallanders confused
  • Options
    Andy_EnglandAndy_England Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Best two episodes of the series to finish with. Really enjoyed those. They felt much more expansive than previous episodes and the story was gripping and interesting.
  • Options
    Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best two episodes of the series to finish with. Really enjoyed those. They felt much more expansive than previous episodes and the story was gripping and interesting.

Agree with the above post I felt the series got better with each story .
  • Options
    DBCDBC Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And even a touch of the Montalbano's, with the crime boss in his stronghold, and Italian alfresco dining.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As for Aarto's uncle serving in the SS such things did happen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_Volunteer_Battalion_of_the_Waffen-SS
  • Options
    2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barney06 wrote: »
    Agree with the above post I felt the series got better with each story .
    Agree with both of you here.

The happy outcome of the shoot-out at the end of this episode was a trifle far-fetched though... :D:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Andy_EnglandAndy_England Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Agree with both of you here.

The happy outcome of the shoot-out at the end of this episode was a trifle far-fetched though... :D:rolleyes:

Yea, somewhat fortunate, but it was never going to finish any other way, was it?:D Have to say, I liked Aarto's Italian. He spoke it so slowly, even I could understand.:cool:
  • Options
    digijunkiedigijunkie Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed it in the end. Like others, I was not that impressed after the first episodes. Personal highlight was seeing Anu Sinisalo as Arto's (single A in his name btw) aspirational wife! The line of the series, her shouting at Arto in Finnish in the middle of the Swedish dialogue "Vittu mä vihaan sua!" (I f*cking hate you) So genuine and heartfelt, lol. As a Finn I could relate to that, you can only swear properly in Finnish, there just aren't strong enough words in Swedish for example ;) Arto also swore in Finnish at least once.

I remember Anu mostly from a very good Finnish drama series about a criminal family, Helppo elämä. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343217/ Her role was a bit similar to the one in Arne Dahl actually. Apparently the rights have been bought by Warner for a US remake! Not seen any results of it yet. Guess the BBC is not going to go Finnish any time soon, which is a shame really as some good stuff there too. I just noticed it is out on DVD with English subtitles, btw http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006W3HFNE
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digijunkie wrote: »
    Arto also swore in Finnish at least once.

I spotted "Perkele!" tonight when he spilt his drink and also heard it in other eps. I know that one because Kimi Raikkonen fans (I am one too) always reference it.
  • Options
    digijunkiedigijunkie Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    I spotted "Perkele!" tonight when he spilt his drink and also heard it in other eps. I know that one because Kimi Raikkonen fans (I am one too) always reference it.

Indeed :) There is even a whole management school of thought based on Perkele :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Management_by_perkele
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    Well looks like it will be

15 June Wallander Sidetracked Part 1 (Rpt)
    22 June Wallander Sidetracked Part2 (Rpt)
    29 June Young Montalbano
    6 July Young Montalbano
    13 July Young Montalbano
    20 July Young Montalbano
    27 July Young Montalbano
    3 August Young Montalbano

as the DVD of Young Montalbano is out on 5 August.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also enjoyed this story a lot, but felt when it was revealed that Arto's uncle had been the 3rd butcher, that it was a bit like the "Heart of Gold" computer in The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy announcing that the final probability gap had been filled and the infinite improbability level had been met!

K
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got confused with the 2 sisters ages.... surely they were too young? Not a bad episode in the great scheme of things.

The police women with the big lips is rather annoying though.
  • Options
    MorningCazzMorningCazz Posts: 2,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless I've totally missed the point (quite possible, was very late when I watched catch-up), why did the policeman give the diaries back to the imposters family? Surely they belong to Magda and Reina.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    I also enjoyed this story a lot, but felt when it was revealed that Arto's uncle had been the 3rd butcher, that it was a bit like the "Heart of Gold" computer in The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy announcing that the final probability gap had been filled and the infinite improbability level had been met!

K

As soon as they started talking about the uncle in part one I feared that he was going to be involved in the nazi plot. There have been too many of those neat 'coincidences' in this series like Holm's ex and their kid.
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the first episode of this series but didn't enjoy it, so I didn't watch any more until these last two episodes (9 and 10). Really enjoyed them and thought is was an intriguing story. They could've cut the last five minutes though with the family shots and cheesy background music.
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    I watched the first episode of this series but didn't enjoy it, so I didn't watch any more until these last two episodes (9 and 10). Really enjoyed them and thought is was an intriguing story. They could've cut the last five minutes though with the family shots and cheesy background music.

People should have given this series more of a chance rather than switching off after the first episode. Glad you enjoyed it in the end though.

I hope we get to see the second series.
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're right - I should have given it a better chance. I'll definitely tune in, if there's a second series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    You're right - I should have given it a better chance. I'll definitely tune in, if there's a second series.
    if you're quick - it's on series link on iPlayer...

K