phone data signal problem

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
Forum Member
Someimes if I'm in an area with no coverage my phone will lose its data signal and, often, will not reconnect (even when I'm back in an area with full signs coverage).

Usually when I realize this has happened I turn flight mode on and off to get my full data signal back.

It happened occasionally but does anyone know why, it's a Samsung galaxy S4.I thought maybe it was my particular phone that was fauly but after loosing my other phone and getting another S4 on the insurance, it's happening again. Does anyone know what is causing it.

It's bugging me, without data I don't receive any Emails or instant messages.

Comments

• qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which network?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    T-mobile. My phone either displays T-Mobile or Orange T-Mobile.

My old phone that I lost displayed EE all the time. But this problem has been on both phones so I'm thinking it's maybe a network issue, anyone else on T-Mobile having this problem
  • paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to get that all the time on EE. It's the network. It's a shambles
  • tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,663
    Forum Member
    Tom4yorks wrote: »
    T-mobile. My phone either displays T-Mobile or Orange T-Mobile.

My old phone that I lost displayed EE all the time. But this problem has been on both phones so I'm thinking it's maybe a network issue, anyone else on T-Mobile having this problem

Try turning on the roaming data options on your phone, as if you were in another country. I'm guessing some phones are having problems jumping between the legacy Orange and legacy T-Mobile masts. My parents (orange customers) had to turn on roaming data in Darlington to get data to work last week.

One network EE certainly isn't (yet).
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen the same behaviour - no idea if it's the same cause - on O2 on the S2. It's due to the phone dropping PS domain registration and failing to regain it, irrespective of data roaming or network. I usually instinctively turn it off and back on again before checking the PS reject cause list so couldn't tell you why.
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    having the same problem with tmobile lately , except it happens when im in full coverage areas, the 'H' or 'H+' disappears and i have to reboot to get it back. Its very annoying because i can be waiting for an email or whatsapp and have to keep checking I have a data connection.

This has only been happening for about 10 days so i dont know if due to upgrades? :confused::( Also ive had to switch to 2G to send an sms as on 3G it keeps failing sometimes. Making calls on 3G in my area also fails, but fine on 2G
  • AdamukAdamuk Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    having the same problem with tmobile lately , except it happens when im in full coverage areas, the 'H' or 'H+' disappears and i have to reboot to get it back. Its very annoying because i can be waiting for an email or whatsapp and have to keep checking I have a data connection.

This has only been happening for about 10 days so i dont know if due to upgrades? :confused::( Also ive had to switch to 2G to send an sms as on 3G it keeps failing sometimes. Making calls on 3G in my area also fails, but fine on 2G

I had this problem on both my work blackberry and my iphone, on orange and EE respectively. I called EE numerous times and they never acknowledged a problem. I was determined that there was a problem with the mast! The only way I could get the blackberry reconnected to 3G was to take the battery out. After a few weeks the problem just disappeared and now there's no problem. I think it's to do with upgrades.

I got a speedtest of 81.73 Mbps before christmas. It's worth a few weeks of problems if you get that speed after, in my opinion!
  • sdduksdduk Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Adamuk wrote: »
    I had this problem on both my work blackberry and my iphone, on orange and EE respectively. I called EE numerous times and they never acknowledged a problem. I was determined that there was a problem with the mast! The only way I could get the blackberry reconnected to 3G was to take the battery out. After a few weeks the problem just disappeared and now there's no problem. I think it's to do with upgrades.

I got a speedtest of 81.73 Mbps before christmas. It's worth a few weeks of problems if you get that speed after, in my opinion!

The trouble with EE is they keep decommissioning mask's all over the place so it will have an impact on some people and EE is not telling you so one minute you could have really good signal the next none or very little

I think T-mobile, Orange have gone down the pan since EE took over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    it happens when im in full coverage areas, the 'H' or 'H+' disappears

I've never seen H+ on my Phone and I travel around quite a lot, even in the big cities such as Manchester and Sheffield I only ever get a H Signal.

Anyway, I've download an app called 3G Reconnect from the play store, hopefully this will solve the problem :)
  • de525made525ma Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to have this problem with EE.

The problem was the SIM. I could fix it for a while by taking it out, giving it a wipe and putting it back in again.

CS sent me a new one and the problem was solved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom4yorks wrote: »
    I've never seen H+ on my Phone and I travel around quite a lot, even in the big cities such as Manchester and Sheffield I only ever get a H Signal.

Anyway, I've download an app called 3G Reconnect from the play store, hopefully this will solve the problem :)

Some phones don't display H+. My Nexus 5 doesn't, but my S3 did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sdduk wrote: »
    The trouble with EE is they keep decommissioning mask's all over the place so it will have an impact on some people and EE is not telling you so one minute you could have really good signal the next none or very little

I think T-mobile, Orange have gone down the pan since EE took over.

Rationalization is a pain for those affected, on the other hand, access to T-Mobile's 3G network has improved the situation for Orange customers a lot. It's far more extensive, and much faster.
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    de525ma wrote: »
    I used to have this problem with EE.

The problem was the SIM. I could fix it for a while by taking it out, giving it a wipe and putting it back in again.

CS sent me a new one and the problem was solved.

its happening on my sisters iphone 4s on tmobile and a friends S2 on orange too