Susanna Reid

Comments

• Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Just reading comments on the daily mail (sometimes the best part) what are cider bottle legs?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never heard of her until the DM became obsessed with her and I'm still not really any the wiser as to why.

I do like the yellow and orange dresses she's worn over the last couple of days though
  • TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always think BBC has the 'real' news - albeit with a left wing bias that I personally can't stand and ITV is the 'lightweight', warm and fluffy chicky type stories and the odd nutter on the sofa.

I have more or less given up on both and get my news on line from Reuters et al.
  • Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I'd never heard of her until the DM became obsessed with her and I'm still not really any the wiser as to why.

I do like the yellow and orange dresses she's worn over the last couple of days though

I don't understand the obsession either (just as I didn't understand the hysteria over Christine Bleakley before her) but the fact that she's slim, dresses well, and is middle class has a lot to do with it when it comes to the Mail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toggler wrote: »
    I always think BBC has the 'real' news - albeit with a left wing bias that I personally can't stand and ITV is the 'lightweight', warm and fluffy chicky type stories and the odd nutter on the sofa.

I have more or less given up on both and get my news on line from Reuters et al.

I agree completely, although as much as I detest the BBC's left wing bias (and laugh in the face of anyone who claims there is no such thing or it's all relative) I find ITV way too Tory and just tabloid trash in TV form to bear it either. I wish there was a happy medium alternative.

I get all my news online these days, much less headache inducing.
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »

She used to chair a Sunday morning debate programme on BBC which I watched a few times. I liked her on that, she seemed to be really professional and good at her job.

However, I completely went off her when she was on strictly as she was so full of herself.

No getting away from the fact she is a very attractive woman though.
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One word COR :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Since I don't want a ban, I'm not playing.

Back on topic, will anyone be tuning into Good Morning Britain purely out of morbid curiosity? Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised but I can't see it being any better than Daybreak. In fact I think it will be worse.

A ban why?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I agree completely, although as much as I detest the BBC's left wing bias (and laugh in the face of anyone who claims there is no such thing or it's all relative) I find ITV way too Tory and just tabloid trash in TV form to bear it either. I wish there was a happy medium alternative.

I don't see why they cant just do all news online, or do what radio do and not mae a brew ha about it. Too many overpaid bimbos
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer BBC Breakfast, Bill Turnbull, Charlie Stayt and Louise Minchin being my favourites. Don't think Susanna is missed really, big mistake going to itv.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    They might have to dust off Roland Rat if things go south
    for the Famous Four.....

( Have nt seen Roland on TV for ages )
  • FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just cant warm to her, find her smug and a bit patronising.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Sofa, ITV really are idiots. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too many overpaid bimbos

Look, as much as I don't like some of these presenters I would never call them bimbos and I think anyone who does is bang out of order and sexist to boot. It's possible to be critical of someone without resorting to backwards name calling like that.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BBC left wing bias, yawn, do feel free to provide evidence, which you won't be able to of course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    However, I completely went off her when she was on strictly as she was so full of herself.

No getting away from the fact she is a very attractive woman though.

I agree with these statements, although what it is with celebrities going on Strictly and then thinking they are the bees knees - even if they don't come close to winning!

As far as Susanna's looks go she is indeed a very attractive woman but good Lord she knows it and seems utterly shameless about putting herself on a pedestal. I think it's great when women are confident with their bodies but people like Susanna take that confidence too far and alienate people. A little humility goes a long way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    BBC left wing bias, yawn, do feel free to provide evidence, which you won't be able to of course.

Yawn at YOUR post.

Not going to get into it with you but have you ever seen an episode of Question Time? If that one programme alone doesn't convince anyone of a left wing bias (to the point of extremism, I'd say) then I don't know what to say.

See also incidents like the One Show firing Carol Thatcher over one off hand comment that wasn't even made on the air.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    set your alarms for the historic launch
    get your DVD recorders fired up

6 am tomorrow Monday
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    No Sofa, ITV really are idiots. >:(

It also appears they bought a job lot of those white office swivel chairs, they have them on Loose Women as well

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/good-morning-britain-gets-serious-as-susanna-reid-and-hosts-present-from-behind-sleek-desk-9294226.html
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    set your alarms for the historic launch
    get your DVD recorders fired up

6 am tomorrow Monday

Why? what different about them?
  • Mark CMark C Posts: 20,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    ITV as it is now maybe, but TV-AM in it's day had 70% of the audience share and was the most profitable TV station in the world and won awards for its news.

....and ITN in the 70s and 80s, was superior to BBC TV News.

Most of the ITV regions also made BBC regional TV look very cheap and tatty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yawn at YOUR post.

Not going to get into it with you but have you ever seen an episode of Question Time? If that one programme alone doesn't convince anyone of a left wing bias (to the point of extremism, I'd say) then I don't know what to say.

See also incidents like the One Show firing Carol Thatcher over one off hand comment that wasn't even made on the air.

That'll be the Question Time that Farrage hardly ever seems to be off? As for Carol Thatcher quite what that has to do with left wing bias I don't know, is it only left wing people that object to racist comments then? I presume you are are a returning member as you're down as April 2014 joining date?
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    There will be a sofa ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    That'll be the Question Time that Farrage hardly ever seems to be off? As for Carol Thatcher quite what that has to do with left wing bias I don't know, is it only left wing people that object to racist comments then? I presume you are are a returning member as you're down as April 2014 joining date?

Typical response from someone who is also left wing bias, although I'm not sure why you'd think I was a returning member. I've been using forums for sixteen years, jumping in with both feet is easy for me.

Anyway, let's not drag this thread off topic with tiresome and pointless bickering.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical response from someone who is also left wing bias, although I'm not sure why you'd think I was a returning member. I've been using forums for sixteen years, jumping in with both feet is easy for me.

Anyway, let's not drag this thread off topic with tiresome and pointless bickering.

If you can't stand your arguments up, don't make them.