9 year old accidentally shoots her gun instructor in the head with an Uzi

dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
Forum Member
At a place called "Bullets and Burgers" no less. That poor little girl, this will effect her for the rest of her life.

A 9 year old with an Uzi? You couldn't make this s**t up if you tried. What a joke.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2734769/Arizona-girl-9-accidentally-shoots-shooting-teacher-head-vist-range.html

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He died because of his own stupidity. He should have known better.
  • El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    At a place called "Bullets and Burgers" no less. That poor little girl, this will effect her for the rest of her life.

A 9 year old with an Uzi? You couldn't make this s**t up if you tried. What a joke.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2734769/Arizona-girl-9-accidentally-shoots-shooting-teacher-head-vist-range.html

What amazing parents she has! They must be so proud.
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A sad incident, but I'm not sure what (if any) proof it is of anything.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    El Guapo wrote: »
    What amazing parents she has! They must be so proud.

Not just her parents but the whole of the USA's gun support assholes.
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    Possibly that nine-year olds aren't ready to be dicking about with firearms? ;-):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    s2k wrote: »
    Possibly that nine-year olds aren't ready to be dicking about with firearms? ;-):)
    I think you'll find, morally right or wrong, that there are a great number of children that age and younger who are experienced with firearms and don't end up shooting anyone. So no, it's not really proof of that.
  • El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is that old saying.............never work with animals or 9 year olds with an Uzi!
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Terrible accident. Poor fellow.

However, I think you do have to question the sensibility of allowing children - or anyone at all who is untrained, to play with deadly weapons.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be surprised if many children could handle such powerful weapons.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    "Dad, my uzi weighs a ton"
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Why the bloody hell was a 9 year old using a gun in the 1st place? :eek:
    One wonders if people like the instructor and parents are part of the problem, as sad as his death is :( What could he be "teaching"?
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you'll find, morally right or wrong, that there are a great number of children that age and younger who are experienced with firearms and don't end up shooting anyone. So no, it's not really proof of that.

With an Uzi? And are you sure?

I mean seriously, you don't have to be a genius to figure out the probable outcome of handing a 9 year old a firearm like that - or you could argue any firearm.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member

You sound American. Why the f**k should a 9 year old being using an Uzi?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    With an Uzi? And are you sure?

I mean seriously, you don't have to be a genius to figure out the probable outcome of handing a 9 year old a firearm like that - or you could argue any firearm.
    with an Uzi in particular probably less so :D Though I'm sure it's happened. But there are plenty of people who are passionate about guns and like to bring their children into that community early on, I just don't think this one incident proves that children can't handle any.
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    I disagree. The kickback from some weapons are enough to pose a problem for a grown adult. To expect a child to be able to handle one safely is asking for trouble.
  • njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a positive note, her gun training now includes the close-range effects of automatic weapons on human heads, and she's learned a bit about recoil physics.

So it's not all bad.
  • FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So what topic would you like to discuss? US gun control laws, Ballistics?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You sound American. Why the f**k should a 9 year old being using an Uzi?
    I "sound American" because I don't let one accident colour my opinion of an entire subject? Interesting logic.
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In other news, 50 people weren't shot last week due to the sensible training and familiarisation with firearms given to children when they were younger.
    This was clearly a grim mistake and not representative of firearns training in general.
  • Auntie ClimaxAuntie Climax Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Bullets and Burgers". Yes, that's how seriously some Americans take guns.

I feel for the girl, I feel for the family of the instructor, but the parents of the girl are just idiots.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    s2k wrote: »
    I disagree. The kickback from some weapons are enough to pose a problem for a grown adult. To expect a child to be able to handle one safely is asking for trouble.
    Well it happens in great numbers on a daily basis. If it's a case of "number of children using firearms where a tragic accident happens" vs. "number of children using firearms without incident", I'm sure there's a clear winner.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently there was a boy who managed to shoot himself in the face, as a result of the recoil in the gun he'd been given to play with. His dad, who had taken him to the range, and insisted he was able to handle it, then tried to sue them.

Sadly, like all of these incidents, of which there are many, the gun nuts will always find an excuse.

The problem isn't that this particular family and the instructor were too stupid to realise that an Uzi is way too powerful for a nine year old, but that some people think that a trip to the rifle range is a fun afternoon out for the whole family, a bit like going on a bike ride, or a trip to Disneyworld.

The instructor has already paid with his life, but the real victim is the daughter. I would like to think the parents will be investigated, but no doubt the whole thing will be dismissed as 'an accident' and just one of those things.
    Forum Member
    I "sound American" because I don't let one accident colour my opinion of an entire subject? Interesting logic.

If this was an accident with a rifle while hunting or farming or something, it would be sad but it wouldn't really be news. Again this is a 9 year old with an Uzi.

And LOL at "one incident" Cause' gun tragedies that could of been prevented never occur in the U.S.
    Forum Member
    FIN-MAN wrote: »
    So what topic would you like to discuss? US gun control laws, Ballistics?

Whatever you want.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "God bless America" :(

Here's a slightly longer clip (it doesn't show the instructor being shot) but it does show the gun firing off a number of rounds. Why, just WHY would you let a 9 year old child shoot a fully automatic uzi??? :confused:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=376_1409096283