Options

BB Celebrity Hijack Opening Night

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 463
Forum Member
I've won VIP tickets to tomorrow's opening night of BB and was wondering if anyone went to last year's celebrity or ordinary big brother opening night shows and how long it took to film

The reason is that I don't think it is going out live as the show finishes filming at 9.45pm but it doesn't finish on channel 4 until 10pm. So I reckon there is a slight delay from time it's recorded till it goes out on air.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the housemates will all be in by 10pm, and the first Hijacker will be introduced from a studio? As in BB Around The World, Dermot showed us a booth, behind the gallery where the Hijacker will work from.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Filming must start early as the audience have to be outside in place at 7.30pm. IT's all confusing as to why so early
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They always do have you in place early, but I believe BB "Live" works on a 15 minute delay since the BB7 Final where several housemates swore pre-watershed.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its a pre record then it will probably be done by 8.20 because if there is a house tour, Dermot will record it during the day like they usually do with Davina.
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    If the house tour pre-recorded?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, quite a few continuity errors over the years such as in BB3, Davina had no mic but ran out of the doors with a mic in her hand. In BB8, she had a wire trailing behind her from the other end of the balcony, she even made a point to pull the wire but the wire ended up going up her skirt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's interesting. At what point do they make the transition? Because sometimes you see her go through the double doors, and then straight down the stairs. I can't see where they'd put the switch

And also, are the live audience aware that it's pre-recorded?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    That's interesting. At what point do they make the transition? Because sometimes you see her go through the double doors, and then straight down the stairs. I can't see where they'd put the switch

And also, are the live audience aware that it's pre-recorded?

Usually at the doors because obviously cameras can't go down the stairs, they use the one above the doors and ones on the steps. She would step into (or out of) the house and it would go from live to vt or vt to live depending if she is going into or coming out of the house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    that's interesting. never knew that! Thanks.

x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Isn't there normally a 15 minute filming to broadcast gap

Filming 845-945
    Broadcast 9-10
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has ALWAYS been a delay - they are liars - there is proof the final of BB7 was NOT shown live - if you watched it 'live' and timed it and then watched the re-run (shown on the Sunday)with the time captions on the screen they do not match up!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44,323
    Forum Member
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    that's interesting. never knew that! Thanks.

x
    theres a clip of BB8 house tour with the weird camera thing davina did, and I think u can see clearlu the blips when she goes in and out :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    There has ALWAYS been a delay - they are liars - there is proof the final of BB7 was NOT shown live - if you watched it 'live' and timed it and then watched the re-run (shown on the Sunday)with the time captions on the screen they do not match up!!

The CBB5 launch also had sound dips and Davina said "you will be leaving the house shortly".
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It finishes on e4 at 10.30 and starts at the same time
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miss_chaos wrote: »
    I've won VIP tickets to tomorrow's opening night of BB and was wondering if anyone went to last year's celebrity or ordinary big brother opening night shows and how long it took to film

The reason is that I don't think it is going out live as the show finishes filming at 9.45pm but it doesn't finish on channel 4 until 10pm. So I reckon there is a slight delay from time it's recorded till it goes out on air.

We demand a full report, with photos!
    Please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    TD1007 wrote: »
    Yep, quite a few continuity errors over the years such as in BB3, Davina had no mic but ran out of the doors with a mic in her hand. In BB8, she had a wire trailing behind her from the other end of the balcony, she even made a point to pull the wire but the wire ended up going up her skirt.

You are so right about the wire! How bizarre! Never knew that was prerecorded!

In answer to another post, the live audience were not aware it was prerecorded... I was there and wasn't!
  • Options
    SvaughanSvaughan Posts: 2,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is pre-recorded, what does she do for the 5 mins?

Cause I was there at the launch to Big Brother 8 and she didn't come out till the ad break.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i didnt go to an opening night but went to one of the BB eviction shows...

Contrary to popular belief we were only about 5 mins ahead of the tv show

Enjoy.....it was a really good evening....Wrap up warm, take your camera....i was told not to but loads of people posed for pics :D

I bet you have a ball :)