Options

What is the best Video game you have played?

124»

Comments

• Options
    RooksRooks Posts: 9,107
    Forum Member
    It's a 4-way tie between EverQuest, Age of Mythology, Quake 2 and Wings (Amiga)
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baldur's Gate is and will always remain my number one PC game, closely followed by Planescape Torment, Morrowind, Skyrim, Settlers 4, Warcraft Orcs v Humans, Gabriel Knight (2nd one was the best) and Neverwinter Nights (because of the sheer brilliance of games made by the community using the Aurora engine).

Dark Age of Camelot, EverQuest and World of Warcraft would get honourable mentions for the most time spent playing them.

An online text MUD called Avalon-rpg will, however, always be the game that I sunk the most blood, sweat and tears into, a brutal PK game where your world could literally change overnight :)
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sonic the hedgehog 2 or Zelda the oricana of time..

i'm going for sonic 2
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fallout 3 & Mass Effect
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    The Last of Us is by far the best thing i've played in my life. Loved the story, the graphics, the characters, the gameplay i love everything about it and i've had to lend it to my brother and go cold turkey because i was getting too addicted. But i can't wait to get it back :p

But i do have really fond memories of Crash Bandicoot Warped i seem to remember sinking many many hours into that game and i'd love to replay it. There was also an old PC game from 1996 called Titanic: Adventure out of Time which was amazing! Even the graphics at the time were gorgeous, and it had a great story unlike many Titanic games. It doesn't play on modern computers now but i still keep the game and could never throw it away.
  • Options
    MmmbopMmmbop Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote here for Red Dead Redemption, probably the only game I have ever played that I would describe as beautiful. The part just after you enter Mexico specifically. And the ending was brilliant.

It was GTA Vice City for years before I played Red Dead Redemption, and an honourable mention for Tomb Raider 2, big fan of the Tomb Raider series and 2 is probably my favourite.
  • Options
    goldylookinfishgoldylookinfish Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fallout 3
    Closely followed by -
    Skyrim
    Red Dead
    New Vegas
    GTA 4
    GTA 5
    Fifa ** (in the mix)
  • Options
    SolidSnakeSolidSnake Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Final Fantasy X, I put over 100 hours into it. Really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    It's a 4-way tie between EverQuest, Age of Mythology, Quake 2 and Wings (Amiga)

For a moment there I thought you meant Wings of Fury. Maybe not one of the best games ever but certainly one the the coolest.

The games that had the most impact on me were Super Cars II on Amiga, Sonic 2 on Megadrive, Grand Prix 2/Jedi Knight 2 on the PC, Tomb Raider/Gran Turismo on PSX, Super Mario/Zelda OOT/Goldeneye on N64, GTA 3/ICO/SOTC on PS2, Halo on Xbox, Mass Effect on 360, and finally Uncharted 2 on PS3.

Those were game changers for me. Can't pick one, sorry.
  • Options
    Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Last of Us is by far the best thing i've played in my life. Loved the story, the graphics, the characters, the gameplay i love everything about it and i've had to lend it to my brother and go cold turkey because i was getting too addicted. But i can't wait to get it back :p

But i do have really fond memories of Crash Bandicoot Warped i seem to remember sinking many many hours into that game and i'd love to replay it. There was also an old PC game from 1996 called Titanic: Adventure out of Time which was amazing! Even the graphics at the time were gorgeous, and it had a great story unlike many Titanic games. It doesn't play on modern computers now but i still keep the game and could never throw it away.

You must be really excited for the 14th. Seriously though, I'm really surprised that anyone would pick TLOU for their favourite game ever. To me anyway, it's more of a movie than a real game. I only played through it to see the cutscenes and story progression.
  • Options
    cosmicsoupcosmicsoup Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Picking a best video game is so hard as it has changed as new technology has erupted.
    I used to think Combat on the Atari was the best game ever made. Then it was Skooldaze on the Spectrum until that was trumpt by Back to Skool on the same platform.
    When I had an Amiga 1200 I played cannon Fodder to death.
    Then came Playstation and the first Resident Evil game. The feeling I got playing this game was amazing.
    Conkers Bad Fur day on N64 was good but not great.
    It wasn't until I played GTA 3 on the Playstation 2 that I again had a similar feeling to playing the original Resident Evil.
    Playing Morrowind on the Xbox blew me away aswell.
    Although I played some great games on the 360 and PS3 I haven't had the same fanatastic experience as when I played Resident Evil for the first time.

So I guess I'm saying Resident Evil is the best game I've ever played.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Grand theft auto 5 by some distance followed by donkey kong country on snes.