BBC The Three Musketeers NEW Drama (Discussion/News/Speculation) (SPOILERS IN TAGS)

Comments

• Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is nothing about this programme that I don't like!

Constance and Queen Anne, friggin hell they're the sexiest females on telly. Loving the banter, the sword play and Porthos is my God.
  • REVUpminsterREVUpminster Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    Yeah, they've made a few references to the Queen's inability to conceive & I've been wondering if Aramis would be the one to get her pregnant.

Been loving this show and really look forward to it every week. Can't believe it's the last one next week til january... where will I get my weekly Athos fix :o

She did not have a child until she was 37 and this idea was done in Rome with Cleopatra using Titus Pullo to conceive when she knew Julius Caesar was unable to father a child.
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,693
    Forum Member
    There should be a poll on here somwhere with the question 'Who's your favourite Musketeer? They are all so different, everyone has a soft spot for a particular one.

For me it's the beyond attractive and good looking d'Artagnan. ;-)

Luke Pasqualino is also the best interviewee of the four, he is very articulate and the camera just loves him. He's grown up so much from when he was in Skins, he was also very amusing in interviews back then too, with the cheekiest of grins/smiles.
  • crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Stunty wrote: »
    There should be a poll on here somwhere with the question 'Who's your favourite Musketeer? They are all so different, everyone has a soft spot for a particular one.

Luke Pasqualino is also the best interviewee of the four, he is very articulate and the camera just loves him. He's grown up so much from when he was in Skins, he was also very amusing in interviews back then too, with the cheekiest of grins/smiles.

Mine is Athos, always has been in every incarnation in TV or film :D I just love the character and Tom Burke is also very easy on the eye :blush::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Anyone else think the Queen is going to fall pregnant after that little encounter?

Of course and we will never know if the baby is Aramis' or the kings cos Louis and Anne will make love cos he's realised that he cant manage without her
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would love to be Porthos, the guy is irrepressible!
    Forum Member
    All building to a great ending for the series next week.

Who's in the coffin? Could it be the guy who is not going to be appearing in the next series, due to other commitments?

Can't be the Cardinal as the coffin had the Musketeers emblem on it. I think its the old guy with the big gun who was shot in the convent cellar
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if Tamla and Maimie have signed up for next series ? I read that all the Musketeers have but cant find any info regarding the sexy females.
    I do hope so Milady and Athos have such a great relationship and it would spoil it if another actress played her.
    Also love Tamla as Constance the way she and d'Artagnan look at each other with such smouldering lust esp since their eyes are so different to one anothers.
    Forum Member

I agree with you its his gorgeous eyes and you're right the camera adores him. All 4 are hot in different ways and all have different character traits that appeal but as an overall package Mr Pasqualino is no.1
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Talma wrote: »
    What a strange episode, like the writers couldn't decide whether it was going to be about Aramis and his old girlfriend or within an extremely short time managing to shag the queen when she had been left alone for a few hours with no-one in earshot while being the subject of a siege and assassination attempt (a little unlikely). No follow-up about the reveal about Isabelle and the usual angst after all the effort to explain who she was, nothing about the queen's other lady in waiting they presumably left behind, nothing about the old chap and the others they had act as musketeers to ride to the rescue and why didn't one of the nuns at least offer the queen something a little more substantial to wear?:)

I've become increasingly bored with the show, tbh. I watch it but often find my attention-wandering. Shallow, I know, but I'm only really watching now for Aramis.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if Tamla and Maimie have signed up for next series ? I read that all the Musketeers have but cant find any info regarding the sexy females.

There is no info about that I think, as presumably they want to keep the final a secret (it's not a surprise that the musketeers themselves survive).

Also, the scene where the cardinal has a fight with Milady has not been aired yet I think (the one where Capaldi had a dislocated thumb). Tonight he only grabbed her by the face (and I didn't notice such a scene in previous episodes).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    next episode looks REALLY good, this shows been getting better and better
  • ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    I think Tamla has given an interview this week, in which she says she can't wait to start filming series 2- so she's in... Will try to find link. :)

Looking forward to the finale- intrigued how it will all work out- is D'Artagnan really siding with Milady or is it a double cross? Athos looks like he's going to go postal- should be fun!

'All for one, and one for all' to be the last line of the series? It's got to come at some point next week surely.

Also- thank you to towers for the spoiler tv info. :)
  • ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    http://t.co/z2pUrNb6qg

^ Tamla talks Musketeers.
  • OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    She did not have a child until she was 37 and this idea was done in Rome with Cleopatra using Titus Pullo to conceive when she knew Julius Caesar was unable to father a child.

This thread is like a history lesson :o

Of course the Queen will be pregnant next series. Of course it will be a mini Musketeer. ;-) I reckon we'll have some Casualty/Maury style drama with the baby being ill or something and the illicit tryst between the lovely Aramis and Queenie almost being uncovered.

Awww, 9 weeks has gone so quickly... CBB was on when this started :o
  • marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Porthos refusing more food...that's a first!

When Athos went one on one with Richeleiu at the end, the final jab:
    '...or whoever she works for'
    Touché!

Can't wait for last episode.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndreaJx wrote: »
    I can't believe next week is the last episode. :o I'm really going to miss this show as I have been finding myself looking forward to this every Sunday. I loved this episode and a nice build up to the finale!! So happy we get a second series. :)

I'll second this!...

Got to say how much I have enjoyed this prog, and hope they team it up with Call the Midwife as they did this year.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it's the Cardinal I think, due to Peter Capaldi leaving. I'm not sure how else they'd write him out other than killing him off.

Didn't the coffin have the Musketeer logo on it?

I'm guessing that
    Athos has a fake death, in order to satisfy Milady that he's dead. Luke Pasqualino has said that D'artagnan's offer to kill the man who tried to hang her in episode 1 will come back to bite him, possibly relating to Constance being in danger

I hope Queen Anne isn't pregnant, as I don't want the show to descend into 'Who's the daddy?' soap territory and it would be very controversial anyway, as Aramis has just committed a very serious act, not to mention an act of stupidity. Kings could have lovers back in the day but not Queens because they were responsible for having a legitamate heir. I was surprised the show went there with Aramis and Anne but the circumstances in which it happened perhaps gives them a pass - a grieving Aramis. I assume they were careful not to get Anne pregnant.

There were some good moments for Athos - it's great when he takes charge a bit more - and watching the Cardinal grab Milady and threaten her was dramatic too. I think this will influence her in the series final, both of them are getting more desperate to achieve their goals.

Good action-packed episode and next week's trailer looks great, with a manipulative D'artagnan hopefully coming into play as far as Milady is concerned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do hope so Milady and Athos have such a great relationship and it would spoil it if another actress played her.
    Also love Tamla as Constance the way she and d'Artagnan look at each other with such smouldering lust esp since their eyes are so different to one anothers.

Constance definately is but I'm less sure about Milady, though the producers may not have wanted to give her up, being such an interesting villianess.
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OGB wrote: »
    This thread is like a history lesson :o

Of course the Queen will be pregnant next series. Of course it will be a mini Musketeer. ;-) I reckon we'll have some Casualty/Maury style drama with the baby being ill or something and the illicit tryst between the lovely Aramis and Queenie almost being uncovered.

Awww, 9 weeks has gone so quickly... CBB was on when this started :o

Thing is the can do anything as it doesn't resemble history much at all. Chances are the queen is pregnant, it couldn't have been more heavily foreshadowed...along with the Man in the Iron Mask plot!
    It was still the more or less 'this week a main character will meet an old girlfriend (and she dies or stays behind) find consolation and get involved in a pretty standard chase and siege' plot. Much like Athos and Porthos did in their own episodes.

I like these guys a lot (especially Aramis and Athos) and love the music and action but the script makes it all a bit predictable!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I had two quibbles about this episode, they would be that the bad guy sent to kill the Queen got a good introduction but then became boring and flat for the rest of the episode - possibly due to a lack of screentime - and having Aramis sleep with the Queen ( which is controversial in itself ) in the same episode he's grieving for a lost love worked on one level ( it 'justified' what he did, if justify is the right word and Santiago and Alexandra do have some chemistry ) but on another level, I don't need reminding in almost every episode that Aramis is a loner who loves women. It's worked just fine in this first series but for the second series, other aspects of his character need to come into play, otherwise he's going to become a bit of a cliche'.

I hope the Queen isn't pregnant, as Aramis was pretty dumb if she is. D'artagnan couldn't risk getting a married woman pregnant, never mind a Queen who's meant to have legitimate heirs. It would be too Eastenders for me.
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    If I had two quibbles about this episode, they would be that the bad guy sent to kill the Queen got a good introduction but then became boring and flat for the rest of the episode - possibly due to a lack of screentime - and having Aramis sleep with the Queen ( which is controversial in itself ) in the same episode he's grieving for a lost love worked on one level ( it 'justified' what he did, if justify is the right word and Santiago and Alexandra do have some chemistry ) but on another level, I don't need reminding in almost every episode that Aramis is a loner who loves women. It's worked just fine in this first series but for the second series, other aspects of his character need to come into play, otherwise he's going to become a bit of a cliche'.

I hope the Queen isn't pregnant, as Aramis was pretty dumb if she is. D'artagnan couldn't risk getting a married woman pregnant, never mind a Queen who's meant to have legitimate heirs. It would be too Eastenders for me.

If found out both the queen and Aramis would be executed for treason anyway! I'm coming to the conclusion none of them are that bright...we don't know if he told Athos about Isabelle or not, but was Aramis supposed to be on guard against a possible night attack or had Athos told him to get some sleep? Oops.
    I wonder if now they're going to try and explain Aramis's behaviour on losing his first love? That's a bit of a cliche anyway, rather than he's the kind of bloke who takes his chances with anything in a skirt. He's already got one woman killed, even if he doesn't know it yet:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talma wrote: »
    If found out both the queen and Aramis would be executed for treason anyway! I'm coming to the conclusion none of them are that bright...we don't know if he told Athos about Isabelle or not, but was Aramis supposed to be on guard against a possible night attack or had Athos told him to get some sleep? Oops.
    I wonder if now they're going to try and explain Aramis's behaviour on losing his first love? That's a bit of a cliche anyway, rather than he's the kind of bloke who takes his chances with anything in a skirt. He's already got one woman killed, even if he doesn't know it yet:eek:

Yeah, I'm very much wondering if Adelle will ever come up again, as next week appears to be very D'artagnan, Athos and Milady centred and Constance will be back again too.

I'm very much looking forward to the final.. :)
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That episode had a few comedy moments, which somehow felt a bit out of place at times.

Anybody know who the actor was that played the guy who had the money in his saddlebag? :confused:

Edit: Found it, he was Gallagher played by Lochlainn O'Mearain.

He played Dara in Ros Na Run I loved him as Dara.;-)
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yup, d'Artagnon is beautiful but Santiago Cabrera is in a league of his own, man, what a gorgeous guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PQy9qoIGsU