Forum Member
    6 attempts for Rupert and so far zilch. The prizes I've won so far are:

Lobster Shanty (already had it)
    Spot Lights
    Beer Truck
    Ice Cream Truck (already had it)
    Stewie Flower
    Stewie Billboard

I'm able to win 2 prizes per day so basically I have 2 chances left as today is the last day of the mini event. I'm not feeling positive...

In other news it would appear another major event is about to start this week for Apple users, and next week for Android users. Something about geeks and super heros lol. I still have so much of district 8 quests to do.

How are you getting prizes, I've not won anything yet? :confused:
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    How are you getting prizes, I've not won anything yet? :confused:

Check the inventory for a Rupert mystery box.

You have to collect at least 6 toys for it to appear.

If you have already collected them then it should be in the feature list.
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Check the inventory for a Rupert mystery box.

You have to collect at least 6 toys for it to appear.

If you have already collected them then it should be in the feature list.

14 toys gets you a second go. 24 gets you a third go but that would require you not to sleep lol. I got a Dansu Dansu this morning (already got one). At 10pm tonight will be my final prize. I'm not feeling positive lol. Oh well...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    14 toys gets you a second go. 24 gets you a third go but that would require you not to sleep lol. I got a Dansu Dansu this morning (already got one). At 10pm tonight will be my final prize. I'm not feeling positive lol. Oh well...

Yes around 10pm is my last chance at Rupert too.

I couldn't time it right to get 24 the last 2 days. I had to use clams to speed up the tasks to get 24 the first day.

Update: Just got a Peter Pirate Car. So no Rupert for me. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Koi pond (already had it). So that's me screwed.:(

Oh well... Back to collecting district 8 stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes around 10pm is my last chance at Rupert too.

I couldn't time it right to get 24 the last 2 days. I had to use clams to speed up the tasks to get 24 the first day.

Update: Just got a Peter Pirate Car. So no Rupert for me. :(

Ooh well done for getting the pirate car. That looks cool. The only prize I've won that I particularly like is the spot lights.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooh well done for getting the pirate car. That looks cool. The only prize I've won that I particularly like is the spot lights.

Shame we didn't get Rupert, it is always good to get a free character.

I don't really have any items on my map that don't give coins or XP. Only those that you have to have for tasks such as Bonnie's Stripper pole.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is an extra day to try to get Rupert!!!!

Trouble is because I didn't know about it I've set them on a long task. :(

So will probably only get 1 or 2 chances.

It has gone 6am and the toy has stayed the same at 16 collected, so I have should get the 24 toys by the end of the day, unless it changes later.

EDIT: Seems the next toy change may be this afternoon rather than 6am (which has been and gone), but not sure when.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grrr my characters are on long tasks as well.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got 24 Toys the last two days and bth days didn't get rupert In any of my 6 try's
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh FGS the toy just changed around 9pm UK time. I needed just 2 more toys by 10pm to get the 24 toys. rolleyes

I suppose it will give me 2 more easy goes, and a chance of a 3rd if I time it right.
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find the toy thing too annoying. At least give us better chances for it by lowering the task time or having more characters give u a chance of getting one etcetc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find the toy thing too annoying. At least give us better chances for it by lowering the task time or having more characters give u a chance of getting one etcetc

I will get my last 2 chances at 10:05am and 6:05pm assuming the task lasts that long.

Apparently it is meant to stop at 5am BST. But that has gone and my task is still going.

BTW It takes 12hrs to make Peter's new outfit. Just making it now.
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new update is tied to San Diego Comic Con and could (somehow) include Stan Lee, Sir Patrick Stewart & err, some woman!
    comic-con-1-preview.jpg
    http://familyguytips.com/2014/07/24/san-diego-comicon-tie-in/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not even trying to get rupert now. Sod it I'm past caring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had 2 chances so far and won Gold Digger Island (which I already had) and a Big Bubbly Fountain. :(

One more chance if it lasts till 6:30 tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I spent 8 clams last night finishing tasks to get another shot at Rupert and ended up winning that bubble fountain thing. Needless to say I was annoyed.

Anyway, this morning I finally unlocked Carter.:) Still need to get 6 more bananas to finish Brian's costume, and a bunch of stuff to unlock Stewie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh well that's the task over before I could get the 3rd box today. :( No Rupert for me.

Not a nice task that one even if I did get some premium stuff (some I already had).

Hope the Super Hero task is better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Comic Con task is now live on iPad. It is quite overwhelming like the first day of the full moon event. A lot of information to absorb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Comic Con task is now live on iPad. It is quite overwhelming like the first day of the full moon event. A lot of information to absorb.

I'm on Android (Nexus 7) so have a week to wait. It will give a breather and time to get more stuff for Stewie.

Lets us know what to expect?
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Comic con update lasts for 46 days by the look of it. It's basically the same as the Egypt thing. Replace mummies with nerds. Replace whatever we collected then with soda cans. Some great looking rewards though. :)
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted link.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, I've got Falconer Pete. Getting him opens up a quest for Carter (if you already have him) I have completed the first task already and was doing the 2nd task anyway.

I've not got Falconer Pete on the Stewie task.

Got to get Banana Brian next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    simongvs70 wrote: »
    The new update is tied to San Diego Comic Con and could (somehow) include Stan Lee, Sir Patrick Stewart & err, some woman!
    comic-con-1-preview.jpg

The 'some woman' is Felicia Day, I fancied her on 'Eureka' love redheads.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    simongvs70 wrote: »
    comic-con-1-preview.jpg

Don't forget, Bryan Cranston of Breaking Bad will be playable along with George Takei of Star Trek, Felicia Day of The Guild, Ron Perlman of Hellboy and Nathan Fillion of Firefly.