The Slimming World Thread

pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
Forum Member
✭✭
I realise there is a general weight loss thread for people doing all different forms of dieting/clubs etc., but I thought it would be good to start one specifically for those doing Slimming World to chat, share recipes and even weight in every week if they want.

I am current on the Extra Easy plan and could do with some good recipes for lunch as I don't want to be eating just the fat free Super Noodles or Pasta & Sauce without the milk and butter for lunch every day! I have breakfast pretty much sorted with my Weetabix and fruit with semi skimmed milk and a fat free yoghurt, and evening meals are usually just recipes I have found by searching online but for a non-salad lover I'm stuck for good ideas for lunches! Anyone got any that are quick and easy and either syn free or maybe only one or two syns? :)

Comments

• aero63aero63 Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    For lunch I have and will continue alternating between pasta with various free foods (yesterday was tuna, egg, diced crab sticks, peas and bits of salad mixed with fat free fromage frais) and jacket potato with beans or fat free cottage cheese of some description and salad. Breakfast has been either cereal or something on toast or a bacon and egg sandwich.

I try to make sure I have a sweet of some sort after dinner so I'm full on a night. Usually home made fruit salad with no fat yoghurt and fromage frais, mixed with honey as a couple of syns.

To be honest I feel like I'm eating more on this diet than I would normally, I just hope that sticking to the rules of what's in the extra easy book actually causes me to lose some weight !
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    How much is it to join now??? Went years ago and did lose weight then put it all back on :rolleyes:
    And how much are the classes??
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was £5 to join for me and each class is £4.95.

Tonight for my tea I just cooked some wholewheat pasta and had it with a tin of chopped tomatoes heated with some onions, mushrooms, peppers and oregano and mixed herbs thrown in with some normal ground pepper too (I like spicy stuff, but even at this this wasn't that spicy!) Was quite nice and definitely something I'll make again perhaps even with the lean mince or Quorn and make a full on bolognese with it. I imagine it can be frozen too and quickly microwaved if you're looking something quick and very tasty.

Might try a baked potato tomorrow with some beans for lunch.

Once again I haven't used any syns today but am feeling a little craving for some chocolate or some crisps. Must go and check what sort of sweet stuff is low syn and start using my syns per day to have little treats to keep me on the straight and narrow!
  • fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    I've lost 2 stone on the SW plan since mid-February.

I have lots of baked potatoes with plain meat and veg for evening meals, salad with cold meat, fish or sometimes cheese for lunch and French toast or cereal for breakfast. We seem to eat mountains of fruit as snacks and desserts.

I normally stay fairly syn-free during the day so I can have a slice of cake or a gin and tonic in the evening. I have a 'day off' on Sunday when I can eat whatever I want. It normally stays fairly controlled though - if I have a muffin with my coffee while we're out, I skip lunch because I'm not hungry.

I love the plan because I can easily adapt the meals to suit my non-dieting husband so there's no need to be cooking different things for us all the time.
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm doing Weight Watchers....... coat on, I'll close the door behind me :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Hiya. Can I join. I had my 1st weigh in today been doing it a week and found it so easy.
    I brought the sw magazine and have done load of menu out of that this week.
    We even did a healthy bbq last Sunday !
  • AnnieAppleAnnieApple Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Have done slimming world for two years - been at target for a year now after losing 4 stone :) Just hope that I can stay here.

There are a lot of soup recipes that are good for lunches, 12 speed soup is worth a google, minestrone, tomato (tin of toms, tin of beans and a couple of pickled onions blended down).

Hope this helps.
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have been going to SW since jan this year . I am almost at 2 stone loss :)
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,592
    Forum Member
    I've been going to SW now for 2 years and have managed to lose (and keep off!) over 5st.

For lunch, I quite often make a frittata or Spanish omelette. They're so easy to make and you can put whatever you like in them and of course, they can be syn free. I tend to make a large one, cut it into four and take them to work. In fact, I'm more likely to have it for breakfast than lunch, both cold but the other day I had it warm with some salad for my dinner. Delicious!

Last night's dinner was a small steak, jacket potato and salad.

I lost another 2lb this week too.

OP - have you had a look at the recipes on the SW website? I've found quite a few good ones on there and saved them as my favourites. I also bought an Asian cookery book from one of my classes and it has some gorgeous curries in it.
  • WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    It was £5 to join for me and each class is £4.95.

I'm not a slimming world member, just curious about it. But those prices sound quite reasonable to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not on any slimming programme, but having gained 2 stone over the winter I decided to adjust my diet by cutting out bread, crisps, potatoes, and red meat. But to include more veg and fruit. In just 7 days the weight has dropped off me. I have lost 5 lbs, and all of this without really dieting! All common sense eating really. It's nice to know that I can lose it as quick as I gained it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My family are having a BBQ tonight as the weather is lovely. I intend to have a burger that's been made with extra lean beef, but I'm wondering what I could have as a bap for it, or as an alternative to one. Are there any types of burger baps, or wholewheat baps I could use that are syn free or just a few syns? I haven't really used any syns since I started on Tuesday so maybe eating a normal bap once isn't that bad, is it? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not on any slimming programme, but having gained 2 stone over the winter I decided to adjust my diet by cutting out bread, crisps, potatoes, and red meat. But to include more veg and fruit. In just 7 days the weight has dropped off me. I have lost 5 lbs, and all of this without really dieting! All common sense eating really. It's nice to know that I can lose it as quick as I gained it!

You might like the general weight loss thread :)

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1777878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My family are having a BBQ tonight as the weather is lovely. I intend to have a burger that's been made with extra lean beef, but I'm wondering what I could have as a bap for it, or as an alternative to one. Are there any types of burger baps, or wholewheat baps I could use that are syn free or just a few syns? I haven't really used any syns since I started on Tuesday so maybe eating a normal bap once isn't that bad, is it? :D

Try and have a wholemeal one if you can :)

BTW, some people say they have better losses if they do consume their syns !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ended up having a wholemeal one I found in the local shop, and I topped the burger with some mushrooms cooked in a few sprays of fry-lite and some steamed baby potatoes. Delicious!

Might have some chocolate later or a bag of low fat crisps to use up a few syns!
  • AnnieAppleAnnieApple Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    has anyone else reached their target with slimming world (or ww for that matter)? I would be interested to know hoe frequently you attend group or if you carry on going at all.

I have been still weighing in weekly and have been at target over a year - I am starting to feel this is too much and I should be weighing less to become less obsessed about a couple of pound either way - any thoughts?
  • aero63aero63 Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    First week resulted in a loss of one and a half pounds. It's a start I suppose. Partner is on it too and, starting from a much higher weight than me, lost four pounds.

I learned at the weekend that I really don't like quorn sausages !
  • evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never tried SW but have a couple of friends who swear by it. One lost five stone in about nine months and the other four in twelve months. Personally, I just watch what I eat and try to stick to just 3 meals a day with the occasional treat, (usually wine;)) Probally why I've never had to 'diet' I just looooove my clothes more than my food.
    Anyway, good luck to anyone on the plan; it's a good one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aero63 wrote: »
    First week resulted in a loss of one and a half pounds. It's a start I suppose. Partner is on it too and, starting from a much higher weight than me, lost four pounds.

I learned at the weekend that I really don't like quorn sausages !

google Joes sausages :) They're syn free :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had my first weeks weigh-in tonight.

Got Slimmer of the Week as I lost 9lbs. :D
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,592
    Forum Member
    Had my first weeks weigh-in tonight.

Got Slimmer of the Week as I lost 9lbs. :D

Wow! That is impressive, well done Paddy!
  • NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I join this group too please. I live in France but have all the latest SW books thanks to a friend who sent them out to me due to her continually joining and leaving. I have more stones to lose than I care to mention, the weight has piled on since I moved here eight years ago. I started again on Sunday and have only had a maximum of 5 syns each day. Im aiming not to have any more than 5 as my weight is very difficult to budge. I have quite a few eggs on this diet as we have our own hens and the eggs are superb. I also eat a lot of fish and salad. I should be slim, but our little village has the most fantastic bakery!
  • NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! That is impressive, well done Paddy!

Congratulations. I hope that you walked away with a bag of goodies!!
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is usually £10 to join SW unless you find an offer.
    Reveal mag has a free joining coupon this week - 11th June.
    SW are offering half price joining fee until 29th June.
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I join this group too please. I live in France but have all the latest SW books thanks to a friend who sent them out to me due to her continually joining and leaving. I have more stones to lose than I care to mention, the weight has piled on since I moved here eight years ago. I started again on Sunday and have only had a maximum of 5 syns each day. Im aiming not to have any more than 5 as my weight is very difficult to budge. I have quite a few eggs on this diet as we have our own hens and the eggs are superb. I also eat a lot of fish and salad. I should be slim, but our little village has the most fantastic bakery!

You should have more than 5 syns per day especially as you have lots of weight to lose - the reason is you will not have any to reduce later on when it slows down.