Locked out of my Hotmail

Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
Forum Member
I had my Hotmail account hacked and now I'm blocked from it. I filled in their questionnaire on Tuesday evening to prove it was me, and they said it would take up to 24 hours to verify. It's now Thursday morning and I've heard nothing back.

Is this known to take more than 24 hours usually, or is there an email address I can write to from my other email to speed things along a bit?

Comments

• TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    l'd suggest contacting/raising another inquiry ticket with them tomorrow morning if you've heard nothing from them by midnight. It's a nuisance and a secondary account of mine was hacked by spammers and used to send out spam email.

That p****d me off and I ended up making a new account as some of my contacts might have put my email address on a spam block list.

If you do make a new account then I'd suggest using a very strong password such as a combination of letters and numbers. One way of doing this is to use scientific terms such as the latin names of plants or animals as part of the password. After all, which moron bonehead spammer has heard of Dictyostelium? (it's an uncuddly slime mould)
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    l'd suggest contacting/raising another inquiry ticket with them tomorrow morning if you've heard nothing from them by midnight. It's a nuisance and a secondary account of mine was hacked by spammers and used to send out spam email.

That p****d me off and I ended up making a new account as some of my contacts might have put my email address on a spam block list.

If you do make a new account then I'd suggest using a very strong password such as a combination of letters and numbers. One way of doing this is to use scientific terms such as the latin names of plants or animals as part of the password. After all, which moron bonehead spammer has heard of Dictyostelium? (it's an uncuddly slime mould)

I sorted it eventually over my phone, got a text alert with a code and was able to reset my password. My password is indeed now seemingly a random jumble of letters and numbers (although its a code I use to log in to something elsewhere online) and all is good, hopefully!

Still not had the email though. 24 hours my arse.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    I sorted it eventually over my phone, got a text alert with a code and was able to reset my password. My password is indeed now seemingly a random jumble of letters and numbers (although its a code I use to log in to something elsewhere online) and all is good, hopefully!

Still not had the email though. 24 hours my arse.

Good to hear it had a happy ending, Ollie_h19. :)