Options

Simon Cowell & Max Clifford, no communication, no prison visits?

Comments

• Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,005
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »
    Are you actually saying that Simon Cowell must have known what Max Clifford was doing, because you should be careful.

There's no need to be careful Max Clifford was found guilty of a string of sex offences.

Extracts from Clifford's book were read out in court to show the antics Clifford did in his personal life which indicated the sort of person he is and how he'd use fame to exploit females for his own purposes. It's clear it's in his nature to boast about what he has done.
    Oh, he's such a fibber, Max. There's not too many people in public life who'll cheerfully admit to telling barefaced lies, as Max does, ('an important part of PR is lies and deceit, but I'm the only person who'll ever admit to it')....

But then, as Max tells me, the only thing that he would really mind is if someone said he was rubbish in bed.
    ....he did introduce his long-term mistress, Ria, to his daughter and when he says he had no conscience at all about it, he means it: he's so boastful! It makes me half-wish that somebody would come forth and say he's got a small willy.
    He also claims to have 'retired' 10 years ago. (1996) But then, as Sir Jimmy Goldsmith put it, 'A man who marries his mistress creates a vacancy.' And, besides, as he keeps on telling me, 'Everyone's at it.

This is a man who boasted about how good he was at his job because his dying wife never found out about his mistresses and sexual exploits.

Max Clifford more than likely saw his victims as 'fair game' and therefore didn't regard it as a sexual assault.

Example 1 his attitude and boasting about what he's done for Simon Cowell.

Example 2 underage sex cover up.

With all that and Cowell almost in daily if not hourly contact with Clifford it confirms he isn't a good judge of character?
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think what struck me about Max Clifford was he basically shot himself in the foot at his trial by trying to shift sh1t over onto others.

He said: "Plenty of people I know are into younger girls but it has never been me."

Younger, how younger? Plenty. PLENTY? What are we talking about here, Max? A ring, a network? Or just blame-swapping? I took it to mean really quite young girls, of the type he was being accused of molesting, that's why he was drawing the comparison, perhaps without thinking it through.

http://news.sky.com/story/1232948/max-clifford-i-am-not-into-young-girls

Now, none of that points to Chez Cowell and I'm not suggesting it either. The only point I want to make is that why, if Max Clifford, lord and master of the PR payrolls at Sun Towers, et al, KNEW about any possible underage sex going on (depending on where the grey line is drawn by the meaning of 'younger girls') - rather than report it to the police, or try to dissuade or get his friends/'plenties' to stop, Max kept silent and instead went about with his own trouser-dropping. Maybe even profited by covering up for those 'plenty of' people, if any of them were his clients.

He made himself look more unsavoury in that moment than I think I'd ever seen him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: I honestly thought he'd still get off though. Because his defense were rebuffing the allegations at every turn.

But, the jury saw through it. Fair play.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone is obsessed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To whom are you talking? Is it unreasonable to have an opinion on Max Clifford?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    To whom are you talking? Is it unreasonable to have an opinion on Max Clifford?

I just don't see why it couldn't have gone in the last Cowell & Clifford thread the poster started last month:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1964534
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't even know there was another thread. They can get buried so fast round here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just don't see why it couldn't have gone in the last Cowell & Clifford thread the poster started last month:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1964534

That one was about Cowell growing a beard, this one is about the media growing some testicles and asking some obvious questions.

I wonder if this mole has burrowed its way into prison...
    My mole went on: “Of course Simon has always known Sinitta’s real age and was happy to go along with it... until he realised it effectively meant he dated a 14 year-old child when he was 25.

“He was mortified, so he’ll be thrilled the truth is finally out – especially as Sinitta looks great whatever her age.

So not only isn't he a good judge of character he can't do simply maths?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    That one was about Cowell growing a beard, this one is about the media growing some testicles and asking some obvious questions.

Such as?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Such as?

Well if he knew Sinitta's real age why was he 'happy to go along with' giving the impression that as a man aged 25 he was dating a 14 year old?
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or.. When are you coming out of that closet?
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if he knew Sinitta's real age why was he 'happy to go along with' giving the impression that as a man aged 25 he was dating a 14 year old?

Wait, isn't Sinitta 14 now? :o
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't imagine why Cowell would feel the need to comment
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »

His mate, the man who moulded his image who apparently provided females for photo opportunities, the man who says he created an image that made Cowell millions and Cowell has nothing to say about a man he's been to close to for around 15 years?

Not a "I'm shocked" or a "I never knew" or "I can't believe it" not even a "no comment"?

Instead a stream of photos of luvved up "I always wanted a baby" Cowell with his alleged gold digging turned adoring mother Lauren Silverman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not even a suggestion a good luck card from Cowell before or during the trial.

Considering the evidence at the trial you'd think the press would ask Cowell does he think Danni Minogue only went to bed with him because he was in effect her boss?

Did he think Cheryl Cole (26) might be influenced/impressed by Cowell's (50) ability to get her a lucrative deal in the US and be extremely thankful?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not even a suggestion a good luck card from Cowell before or during the trial.

Considering the evidence at the trial you'd think the press would ask Cowell does he think Danni Minogue only went to bed with him because he was in effect her boss?

Did he think Cheryl Cole (26) might be influenced/impressed by Cowell's (50) ability to get her a lucrative deal in the US and be extremely thankful?

Cowell might have thought that the evidence against Clifford was strong enough to put him away. Cowell also has too much to lose by risking sticking by Clifford when the trial was taking place.
  • Options
    twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »

Nor I. Clifford worked for Cowell and was paid plenty for his PR services over the years. Now he has a messed up big time. Cowell doesn't owe him a thing.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a reaction of a man with secrets who does not want to draw attention to himself for the wrong reasons.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    Maybe they have spoken? Who knows.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no need to be careful Max Clifford was found guilty of a string of sex offences.

Extracts from Clifford's book were read out in court to show the antics Clifford did in his personal life which indicated the sort of person he is and how he'd use fame to exploit females for his own purposes. It's clear it's in his nature to boast about what he has done.

This is a man who boasted about how good he was at his job because his dying wife never found out about his mistresses and sexual exploits.

Max Clifford more than likely saw his victims as 'fair game' and therefore didn't regard it as a sexual assault.

Example 1 his attitude and boasting about what he's done for Simon Cowell.

Example 2 underage sex cover up.

With all that and Cowell almost in daily if not hourly contact with Clifford it confirms he isn't a good judge of character?

I know what he was found guilty of. Where's your actual evidence that Simon Cowell knew what he was doing to those poor girls?
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member

Yeah because Simon Cowell was in daily contact with him, that means he knew that Clifford sexually assaulted people between 1966-1985.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Cowell might have thought that the evidence against Clifford was strong enough to put him away. Cowell also has too much to lose by risking sticking by Clifford when the trial was taking place.

Cowell waited for the verdict before ditching Clifford.

If Cowell thought the evidence was so strong, even more reason for him to say something after the trial. Maybe as a private person he was too busy bombarding the media with photos of himself luvved up and being a good father to make a comment?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah because Simon Cowell was in daily contact with him, that means he knew that Clifford sexually assaulted people between 1966-1985.

How can you be certain it was just till 1985?
    Max Clifford faces fresh claims of abuse from women who have come forward during his trial, police confirmed last night.

The development comes as one women abused as a teenager said there could be hundreds of other victims.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »
    I know what he was found guilty of. Where's your actual evidence that Simon Cowell knew what he was doing to those poor girls?

Max Clifford loved to boast, it massaged his ego while young girls massaged his penis.

As I've indicated he would see young girls/women as fair game, wasn't part of the evidence that Clifford and his mates set each other sexual challenges?

How many photo opportunities did Clifford offer Cowell over the years with lap dancers etc. Wasn't a young female photographed arriving at Cowell's house late at night who was said to naked under a coat?

How often when girls didn't play the game did the media declare them as 'gold diggers', 'prostitutes' or 'drug addicts'? Who had direct access to the media and proved his worth to the media over the years?

I find it extremely difficult to believe that Simon Cowell didn't know why he was in 2000 bailing Jonathan King out to the tune of £50,000 which was kept under wraps for 4 years. Until it was felt it wouldn't damage his image?

Max Clifford had such power he could tell the press when it was ok for them to run the story of his affair with a married woman.
    '.... the journalist, who I've known a very long time, said, can't we write it, Max? It's been such a long time, and we've been very good, can't we write such and such? I said, just leave it for a little while, and I'll let you know when we can do something. As long as it isn't too... you know.

They were very patient, for a couple of years. And then eventually I said, OK then.'
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max Clifford loved to boast, it massaged his ego while young girls massaged his penis.

As I've indicated he would see young girls/women as fair game, wasn't part of the evidence that Clifford and his mates set each other sexual challenges?

How many photo opportunities did Clifford offer Cowell over the years with lap dancers etc. Wasn't a young female photographed arriving at Cowell's house late at night who was said to naked under a coat?

How often when girls didn't play the game did the media declare them as 'gold diggers', 'prostitutes' or 'drug addicts'? Who had direct access to the media and proved his worth to the media over the years?

I find it extremely difficult to believe that Simon Cowell didn't know why he was in 2000 bailing Jonathan King out to the tune of £50,000 which was kept under wraps for 4 years. Until it was felt it wouldn't damage his image?

Max Clifford had such power he could tell the press when it was ok for them to run the story of his affair with a married woman.

So you still have no evidence and everything you claim is basically speculation and conjecture? It's a good job you're not accusing someone of a serious crime.

A possibly naked woman visits Cowell's house at night, so he must be fully aware that his mate is a pervert. Makes sense.