Iggy Azeala Bounce 2nd UK Single

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Brilliant video for Bounce, she looks so beautiful in a sari. I think the song will be a big summer hit :)
    I agree :) But I think they should push the release date forward. I think the current release date is June 30th and 7 weeks is far too long imo.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    I agree :) But I think they should push the release date forward. I think the current release date is June 30th and 7 weeks is far too long imo.

Hmm or they could build the hype up, if the video goes into circulation across the music channels and VEVO do good advertising it would do well upon release. Though still I do think maybe bring it forward by two weeks :)
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    It all depends on airplay, and promotion. Iggy works hard so promoting the track will be no problem, I'm just worried about airplay. Radio 1 are fully behind her, we just need Capital to jump on-board now. :)
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    It all depends on airplay, and promotion. Iggy works hard so promoting the track will be no problem, I'm just worried about airplay. Radio 1 are fully behind her, we just need Capital to jump on-board now. :)
    Did they add 'Work' after it entered the top 20 (and stayed there for 4 weeks :):) )? If they added it or if they at least played it once or twice without it being on the playlist, it would be a good sign :cool:
    Forum Member
    Did they add 'Work' after it entered the top 20 (and stayed there for 4 weeks :):) )? If they added it or if they at least played it once or twice without it being on the playlist, it would be a good sign :cool:

I'm not entirely sure, I think they must have given it a few plays as the demand for the track had increased so I guess it does bode well for Bounce
  • Alpo.Alpo. Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    to use a quote from my ol nan, "she should be seen and not heard."
    Forum Member
    Alpo. wrote: »
    to use a quote from my ol nan, "she should be seen and not heard."

That's subjective really.
  • Alpo.Alpo. Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://i.imgur.com/cGHUnvP.gif

see how much more likeable she is when her music isn't playing.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    JULYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 8TH :(:cry::mad:

it's being released on the 8th of july :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    it's being released on the 8th of july

I think this is a good thing, i've not yet heard the song on the radio or seen the video on TV.
    Does she have any promo lined up for the UK?
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCJ94 wrote: »
    I think this is a good thing, i've not yet heard the song on the radio or seen the video on TV.
    Does she have any promo lined up for the UK?

Are you serious ageed it's slowed down a bit but Radio 1 Sarah Cox at least and loads of Video channels have played it numeorus times so this push back is a bit like what :confused:
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I think it's a goo idea it's been pushed back it gives her time to promote it I've not really heard it on radio either only the odd occasion and it's not been playlisted by radio 1 yet which is vital.
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Iggy, but this is an awful song compared to `work`.
    I don't see it doing well at all.
    Like a poor mans ke$ha to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    I like Iggy, but this is an awful song compared to `work`.
    I don't see it doing well at all.
    Like a poor mans ke$ha to be honest.

Is that even possible? :eek:
  • hotguy25hotguy25 Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samples speedy j - pullover. a 1992 techno tune
    Forum Member
    hotguy25 wrote: »
    samples speedy j - pullover. a 1992 techno tune

haha yes it does just listening to it now..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG3Ls1mVyKk
    Forum Member
    'Bounce' debuts at #13 in the UK, #34 in Ireland and #10 in Scottland!! :D It did better than 'Work' in all 3 territories!! I really think it could have been her first top 5 hit if it was promoted, but top 15 is good enough! Besides, she's said herself that 'Change Your Life', the upcoming single, is the track she considers the strongest, so I'll just wait for that. :)
  • unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This song is awful, which is a shame because Work is amazing and some of songs on YouTube are great.

She's obviously trying to appeal to the British market which is full of chavs and Guetta fans.

She had so much potential but now she may as well go back to Australia as she's becoming as trashy and cheap as Rihanna.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unknown17 wrote: »
    This song is awful, which is a shame because Work is amazing and some of songs on YouTube are great.

She's obviously trying to appeal to the British market which is full of chavs and Guetta fans.

She had so much potential but now she may as well go back to Australia as she's becoming as trashy and cheap as Rihanna.

Take the song for what it is a good catchy summer anthem. If she wants to break here she needs to get a foothold and this along with Work has done it. As long as the follow up is more in line with her sound it's nor bad thing. If anything it's shows that she can eb versatile and turn her hand to anyhting.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    'Bounce' debuts at #13 in the UK, #34 in Ireland and #10 in Scottland!! :D It did better than 'Work' in all 3 territories!! I really think it could have been her first top 5 hit if it was promoted, but top 15 is good enough! Besides, she's said herself that 'Change Your Life', the upcoming single, is the track she considers the strongest, so I'll just wait for that. :)

It charted higher, but it might not sell more than Work.

And Capital FM support would've helped the song FAR more than any TV performances.
    Forum Member
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    It charted higher, but it might not sell more than Work.

And Capital FM support would've helped the song FAR more than any TV performances.
    Obviously, but Capital FM is not going to play an Iggy song! I knew that from the very beginning. I think one or two TV performance would have given the song a boost in sales which would have given her a top 10 hit. Being top 10 on the official chart would guarantee bigger airplay for 'Change Your Life' the same way that 'Work' being top 20 opened the door for 'Bounce'.

But I think 'CYL' is the song they're focusing on. Maybe 'Bounce' was just used to give her US label time to get that market ready for her so that 'CYL' can be a WW single.

Btw, do you know how much 'Work' has sold? It spent so many weeks in the top 20 that I'd imagine it's close to gold, isn't it?
    Forum Member
    i swear i heard bounce on capital this week hhhmm... maybe it was radio 1 :o