Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's cos she really loves Dexter and could no longer hide from her feelings
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    it's cos she really loves Dexter and could no longer hide from her feelings

I bet that will be the excuse for her not returning and Jay staying.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    To fit in with her orange skin tone
  • Hanna_YasminHanna_Yasmin Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newcastle is much better than London, if people would bother to ever visit it.
  • Steve SoapboxSteve Soapbox Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Total nonsense, apparently she got a job. Whaaat??? She lives in London for crying out loud that is full of salons!!

Maybe the job in Newcastle was paying 50p more an hour. Hell, I'd move to Australia if I saw a job advertised paying 20p more an hour.

What planet are the writers on these days?? And half of them are Oxbridge educated!!
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Its bizarre a week ago she was happy with a life just her Lexie and Billy but now she's inexplicably moved to Newcastle because her boyfriend of 1 week got arrested. Both were going on the run for a mugging which got Jay a suspended sentence and a tag...lets be fair EE characters dont ever leave walford anyway
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a magpie. She loved Newcastle's end of season form and just couldn't resist going up their.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's got the taste for Newky Brown!
  • Laura_Lily15Laura_Lily15 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Newcastle is much better than London, if people would bother to ever visit it.

100% agree with this!
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liv1 wrote: »
    Shabby writing to get rid of her quickly? :confused:

This. dtc just wanted her gone and gave her a pointless exit out of the blue for no reason (character wise) and the only reason bts is becuase he doesnt like the character. The man should be ashamed.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Total nonsense, apparently she got a job. Whaaat??? She lives in London for crying out loud that is full of salons!!

Maybe the job in Newcastle was paying 50p more an hour. Hell, I'd move to Australia if I saw a job advertised paying 20p more an hour.

What planet are the writers on these days?? And half of them are Oxbridge educated!!

she hasn't got a job! Billy is just saying that to save face and not have to explain the real reason she left
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a very hastily written exit, that's why. It wouldn't kill her to wait 3 months on the square for Jay.

I suppose at a stretch you could assume she wanted to get away from Phil.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    It was a very hastily written exit, that's why. It wouldn't kill her to wait 3 months on the square for Jay.

I suppose at a stretch you could assume she wanted to get away from Phil.

For the character it still makes no sense. Nothing was really directly against her anyway.

It was just to get lola and danielle out due to dtcs hatred of the character
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the character it still makes no sense. Nothing was really directly against her anyway.

It was just to get lola and danielle out due to dtcs hatred of the character

I thought dtc gave danielle a 2 year contract shortly after he became producer. Why would he do that if he hated the character.
  • KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just saying this to my other half, how shit was Lola's exit?

It literally does not make sense.
    From the utter mess that was her exit, I have surmised that she is in Newcastle to punish Billy for shopping Jay to the police, having already been disgusted by Phil shopping Ben to the police. You know cause it's the Mitchells and all about faaaamily, except this week it seems to not be the case anymore.

The train station scenes at the end were pathetic. If you're angry, leave angry. The tearful goodbye just did not make sense.

Plus

"Down 'ere I'm just another single mum trying to get by. Up there, I could make somink of meself" says the girl who walked out of a job in the salon round the corner, she spent months working her arse off to get!

Her boyfriend is back in Walford and from what I know, he isn't due to leave anytime soon. Mind you, they are fast running out of routes to take Jay, which is a shame because he's a good actor but is being starved of any sort of decent material.

Lola too was a good character, but it's typical EastEnders, let's get rid of her in a nonsensical episode, with no build up or nothing. Terrible.
  • Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most random exit since Jack Branning. Nothing will ever beat that
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    she hasn't got a job! Billy is just saying that to save face and not have to explain the real reason she left

Not even Silly Billy could explain it by saying that she had been sacked by EastEnders.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also they never seem to just move to Hounslow, Fulham or Clapham, always some far off city at the drop of a hat.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had to go to Newcastle to translate on Dexter's behalf to the geordies
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed on DTC Twitter he never mentioned Lola's exit or congratulated Danielle. DTC OVERATTED
  • Bunny-GirlBunny-Girl Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That scene with lola & billy when she was leaving was so stupid & unrealistic she was so upset that he rang the police for his own selfish needs then next minute they are hugging & saying they love each other. Also why doesn't Lola just come back & be with Jay he is not in prison. Lola's exit was worse than getting sent off in the back of a taxi lol
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Phil doesn't seem too bothered that his granddaughter has gone.