Options

factor live tour 2012 who was hot & who was not

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
Forum Member
ok weve heard about manchester from my previous thread ...i should have just put live tour instead of manchester as i think it would be interesting to hear reviews from all the dates from different people at diferent shows...so starting with liverpool tonight ...who was hot and who was not?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    did anybody go the liverpool show ...who was great bad or indifferent ...anyone steal the show?
  • Options
    ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to laugh at the Liverpool review calling Little Mix "forgettable?" Obviously nothing to do with the fact that they pipped their precious Marcus to the crown. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    M_apple5M_apple5 Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cherry255 wrote: »

That reviewer obviously went in with a pre set mind set though, that Marcus and Craig will be the best becaase they're from Liverpool and because LM beat Marcus, they would be the worst? The only reviews I'm going to take seriously is the neutral cities like London.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to the show last night and all in all, I really enjoyed it :) Marcus and Craig were for obvious reasons the most popular but they were both fantastic anyway. Little Mix were pretty good, as was Misha and The Risk. I found Amelia quite shouty and not great and I was disappointed with Janet on her first song :(
    All in all, it was a good night though, I hope anyone who's going enjoys it :)
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Bring it on Misha B....another positive performance for her also!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nottingham last night any reviews?
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    nottingham last night any reviews?

Here's one
    Craig Colton delivered a touching version of Christina Perri's Jar of Hearts and other highlights were Lily's China In Your Hands (T'Pau) and The Show Must Go On (Queen), Brucknell's Edge of Glory (Lady Ga Ga), performed atop a 20ft column, and the touching ballad Beautiful (Christina Aguilera), poignantly sung, aboard swings, by Little Mix.

A spectacular, memorable night and, if this is a sign of X Factor things to come, I can't wait for series No.9 later this year
    http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/mind-TV-ratings-breathtaking-Arena-simply-best/story-15373915-detail/story.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to laugh at the Liverpool review calling Little Mix "forgettable?" Obviously nothing to do with the fact that they pipped their precious Marcus to the crown. :rolleyes:

Couple this with the less than favourable review from another location then perhaps those other than the LM pre-teen fans are not seeing them through rose tinted spectacles.
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    alan_m wrote: »
    Couple this with the less than favourable review from another location then perhaps those other than the LM pre-teen fans are not seeing them through rose tinted spectacles.

Pre-teen fans? I think the reason they won the show is that they appealed to a wide range of people. The 'teen' vote would not have been enough.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pre-teen fans? I think the reason they won the show is that they appealed to a wide range of people. The 'teen' vote would not have been enough.

The only person I know who liked Little Mix said they only really liked them and voted for them because they were something different. She said she knew that their voices weren't good enough and as a group they weren't that good, but she wanted them to win because they were the only decent girlgroup from the X factor, a group had never won, they were tired of boys always winning and there was nobody outstanding to vote for. This is from someone who voted for them to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What was the average age of the people attending the current live shows?
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    What was the average age of the people attending the current live shows?

A mix of young and middle aged. My aunt went with my young cousins (8-10).
  • Options
    daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
    Forum Member
    Hey everybody, I went to the Xfactor concert in Wembley last night and thought I’d put up my review if anyone’s interested. Please bear in mind that these are all just my own opinions and I mean no offense to anyone who doesn’t like what I say about their favourite.

Overall I thought that everybody sang well and all thoroughly deserved their place on the tour. My one main issue was the use of very loud backing tracks (and sometimes backing vocals) for all of them. I would have much preferred a live band.

My thoughts on each act:

The Risk – On the live shows I thought they were a bit overrated and had tuning issues but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how good they sounded last night. Andy, who I was never that impressed with, sang very well and Ashford can give Charlie a run for his money on lead vocals, imo.

Johnny – Wished he had sung ‘I believe in a thing called love’ instead of the Kylie song, which was just ‘OK’. I found myself watching the dancers more than him. But I loved him singing ‘That old devil called love’ and the audience did as well.

Kitty – Her voice is very good live and she is a performer! I wish she was allowed to do more than two songs.

Craig – A powerful voice but I just don’t like his tone. (Sorry Craig fans) Btw, he has really lost a lot of weight. :eek:

Janet – I really wanted to like her and I believe she can sing well but I kept thinking that the ‘baby’ voice and the slight yodel at the end of some of her lines didn’t sound natural.

Misha B – Wow, just wow. I felt indifferent to her on the live shows although I thought she was talented but last night she was 10 out of 10 for me. Voice, performance, stage presence, everything was spot on. She is very, very talented.

Amelia – Another powerful voice, but like Craig I never liked her tone and always found her shouty (even before Gary Barlow said it). Also for some reason I noticed the backing track/vocals the most during her performances.

Marcus – This young man does not just sing very well, he performs! He worked every inch of that stage last night! Reet Petite remains his most technically flawless performance but my favourites were Higher and Higher, Hey Ya and the 2nd part of Seven Nation Army which he does on the small stage in the middle. Now I will hold my hand up and confess that I am a Marcus fan (his voice, energy and general attitude) but I expected a lot more from him than the others last night and he delivered. He will give you your money’s worth.

Little Mix – I also wanted to like Little Mix because they seem lovely girls and sing well as a group, but they just didn’t feel like ‘winners’ last night to me. Their set felt just slightly better than average and the only song I was totally impressed by was ‘ET’. I also don’t think that Jesy sings well by herself. (And before anybody says that I’m biased because I like Marcus, I didn’t want him to win.)

Overall, I felt the best last night was Misha B (and I say this as a Marcus fan). And if I had to choose who I would pay to see in their own concert, it would be Marcus, Misha B, The Risk (surprisingly) and possibly Kitty.

Again these are all only my own opinions and I’m sure others who were there last night may feel differently.

Thanks for reading.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey everybody, I went to the Xfactor concert in Wembley last night and thought I’d put up my review if anyone’s interested. Please bear in mind that these are all just my own opinions and I mean no offense to anyone who doesn’t like what I say about their favourite.

Overall I thought that everybody sang well and all thoroughly deserved their place on the tour. My one main issue was the use of very loud backing tracks (and sometimes backing vocals) for all of them. I would have much preferred a live band.

My thoughts on each act:

The Risk – On the live shows I thought they were a bit overrated and had tuning issues but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how good they sounded last night. Andy, who I was never that impressed with, sang very well and Ashford can give Charlie a run for his money on lead vocals, imo.

Johnny – Wished he had sung ‘I believe in a thing called love’ instead of the Kylie song, which was just ‘OK’. I found myself watching the dancers more than him. But I loved him singing ‘That old devil called love’ and the audience did as well.

Kitty – Her voice is very good live and she is a performer! I wish she was allowed to do more than two songs.

Craig – A powerful voice but I just don’t like his tone. (Sorry Craig fans) Btw, he has really lost a lot of weight. :eek:

Janet – I really wanted to like her and I believe she can sing well but I kept thinking that the ‘baby’ voice and the slight yodel at the end of some of her lines didn’t sound natural.

Misha B – Wow, just wow. I felt indifferent to her on the live shows although I thought she was talented but last night she was 10 out of 10 for me. Voice, performance, stage presence, everything was spot on. She is very, very talented.

Amelia – Another powerful voice, but like Craig I never liked her tone and always found her shouty (even before Gary Barlow said it). Also for some reason I noticed the backing track/vocals the most during her performances.

Marcus – This young man does not just sing very well, he performs! He worked every inch of that stage last night! Reet Petite remains his most technically flawless performance but my favourites were Higher and Higher, Hey Ya and the 2nd part of Seven Nation Army which he does on the small stage in the middle. Now I will hold my hand up and confess that I am a Marcus fan (his voice, energy and general attitude) but I expected a lot more from him than the others last night and he delivered. He will give you your money’s worth.

Little Mix – I also wanted to like Little Mix because they seem lovely girls and sing well as a group, but they just didn’t feel like ‘winners’ last night to me. Their set felt just slightly better than average and the only song I was totally impressed by was ‘ET’. I also don’t think that Jesy sings well by herself. (And before anybody says that I’m biased because I like Marcus, I didn’t want him to win.)

Overall, I felt the best last night was Misha B (and I say this as a Marcus fan). And if I had to choose who I would pay to see in their own concert, it would be Marcus, Misha B, The Risk (surprisingly) and possibly Kitty.

Again these are all only my own opinions and I’m sure others who were there last night may feel differently.

thank you for your review the surprise here is this is the first positive mention of the risk i have heard of ...up to now its been all negative or in some ways even worse for them they dont get mentioned at all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thank you for your review the surprise here is this is the first positive mention of the risk i have heard of ...up to now its been all negative or in some ways even worse for them they dont get mentioned at all

They are getting a lot of good reviews on Twitter now too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    A mix of young and middle aged. My aunt went with my young cousins (8-10).

Most of the "young" would have middle aged guardians/parents in tow so perhaps to get a true indication of the audience who wanted to be there exclude one middle aged person for every 2 children.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the "young" would have middle aged guardians/parents in tow so perhaps to get a true indication of the audience who wanted to be there exclude one middle aged person for every 2 children.

Not most, all under 14s must be with an adult. So if there are children there, there must be an adult with them, regardless of whether or not that adult particularily wants to be there.
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member

My thoughts on each act:

i know that this is just your opinion, but it sounds fair, balanced and honest.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Thx daisyflower for ur review....wish I had got those tix now just to see Misha and Amelia do their thing.....wonderful!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    imrightok wrote: »
    i know that this is just your opinion, but it sounds fair, balanced and honest.

Thank you, Imrightok.:) I like your username!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    E05297535 wrote: »
    Thx daisyflower for ur review....wish I had got those tix now just to see Misha and Amelia do their thing.....wonderful!!

You'r welcome. I got my ticket same day from Ticketmaster and just collected at the box office. You might still get one depending on where you live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just seen a couple of comments on twitter suggesting craig stole the show in dublin tonight ... it would be good to hear from anybody on here who was at the dublin show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just back from the X Factor Live. Was not what I expected. Given that I didn't enjoy very many of the contestants I thought that the live show would not be as good as previous years. I was only really looking forward to Marcus and Kitty. I kept forgetting that Craig and Janet existed and I was loathing hearing Mischa B. So I went in with mixed feelings, not really expecting too much.

Amelia was good, she gave a strong first and second performance, 'China in Your Hand' and another I can't actually remember, but I remember enjoying it. She had the audience pumped and enjoying the show, she was active on the stage and connected quite well with the audience. Her voice was her strong point for the first two songs. The third and last song was 'The Show Must Go On' and it wasn't as good, she sat down for it to make it dramatic and focused on her voice, but that only really drew attention to the shouty nature of her voice. She pushed herself too far for that one and it didn't live up to the first two performances. She wasn't better or worse that what I expected from the show.

Marcus was who I was waiting for and he packed a punch. He was fantastic, dancing around and engaging with people, rushing through the audience and singing note perfect. His single 'Seven Nation Army' was his best performance, it was amazing. He was never off key and always sounded great. He showed how well he can perform as well as sing. He didn't disappoint.

Craig was good. His voice was nice, and he put a lot of effort into it, he came across as very shy and didn't really engage with the audience or have much stage presence which made his songs quite boring. He wasn't as good as I was hoping, on the show I always thought he put a lot of effort into his songs and live he sounded much more lacklustre.

Mischa was a massive surprise. I have always hated her voice, I found it harsh and grungy and not pleasant to the ear at all. I was not looking forward to her performance whatsoever. I have to say she surprised me the most of all. Her voice live was not the harsh horrible noise I'd always found it on the tv, whether this is due to her recording sounding different or whether she's had training to hone her voice down I'm not sure. But she was brilliant. I sat with my ears and mouth open for her 'Rolling in the Deep' the song I'd say stole the whole show. She danced and spoke to the audience, her voice was strong, powerful and very good. Complete opposite of what I was expecting.

Janet was good, her first song 'Sweet Child of Mine' was her best performance. On the show it was slowed down which I never liked, but they kept it the original speed live which really helped, it wasn't boring, it was her own and her voice sounded good. The second song was not as good, her voice sounded a bit more screechy and most of all it was boring, I can't remember what she sang. She wasn't as good as I expected but was still enjoyable.

Johnny, who I have dubbed 'Squeaky' was sort of a surreal experience. I thought he'd be like much of the previous 'joke acts' or 'entertainment' such as Wagner or Jedward. He wasn't like that though, he didn't get the audience up and dancing and he didn't really make things very fun, despite singing 'Can't Get You Out of my Head'. Just hearing that voice come out of that man was quite...strange. I did smile at first though.

Kitty was fantastic, her voice was extra powerful and she out a massive amount of effort into her songs, you could really feel the emotion coming through. I;d say her performances were the most full of emotion and that really got the audience going. She was better than I expected.

The Risk were not what I was expecting. I liked them to begin with on the lives, but after thy switched members they lost that spark and they didn't have the confidence or the good singing. They've obviously worked a lot because live they were very good together. They harmonised perfectly and separately their voices were strong. Their vocals were nice but they were quite forgettable, hence why they're second last to be reviewed, I couldn't remember them. Much better than I expected though.

Now on to the last. The main performers. The winners. Little Mix. I don't quite know how to say this without initiating the wrath of raving fans but...they were pretty bad, made worse by the fact that they were worse than every other performer except Johnny, which isn't much to say for the winners of the show. Their version of 'ET' was the worse song of the night, it was pitchy and out of key almost the whole time, cringe-worthy. 'Beautiful' was almost as bad, as was 'Cannonball'. 'Don't Let Go' was alright, but their harmonies were all over the place and sounded very badly rehearsed. The audience was not encouraged to get up and enjoy themselves, and there was no standing ovation like there was for Kitty, Marcus and Mischa.

Overall it was a good night, all the acts were good vocally except Little Mix. Also, it's something to note that last year the X factor was sold out for four days here. This year they're only here for two days and didn't even sell all the tickets. Maybe because their winning act this year is not as good as the rest of the acts? It's kind of an embarrassing state of affairs.

Xx..xX
  • Options
    M_apple5M_apple5 Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just back from the X Factor Live. Was not what I expected. Given that I didn't enjoy very many of the contestants I thought that the live show would not be as good as previous years. I was only really looking forward to Marcus and Kitty. I kept forgetting that Craig and Janet existed and I was loathing hearing Mischa B. So I went in with mixed feelings, not really expecting too much.

Amelia was good, she gave a strong first and second performance, 'China in Your Hand' and another I can't actually remember, but I remember enjoying it. She had the audience pumped and enjoying the show, she was active on the stage and connected quite well with the audience. Her voice was her strong point for the first two songs. The third and last song was 'The Show Must Go On' and it wasn't as good, she sat down for it to make it dramatic and focused on her voice, but that only really drew attention to the shouty nature of her voice. She pushed herself too far for that one and it didn't live up to the first two performances. She wasn't better or worse that what I expected from the show.

Marcus was who I was waiting for and he packed a punch. He was fantastic, dancing around and engaging with people, rushing through the audience and singing note perfect. His single 'Seven Nation Army' was his best performance, it was amazing. He was never off key and always sounded great. He showed how well he can perform as well as sing. He didn't disappoint.

Craig was good. His voice was nice, and he put a lot of effort into it, he came across as very shy and didn't really engage with the audience or have much stage presence which made his songs quite boring. He wasn't as good as I was hoping, on the show I always thought he put a lot of effort into his songs and live he sounded much more lacklustre.

Mischa was a massive surprise. I have always hated her voice, I found it harsh and grungy and not pleasant to the ear at all. I was not looking forward to her performance whatsoever. I have to say she surprised me the most of all. Her voice live was not the harsh horrible noise I'd always found it on the tv, whether this is due to her recording sounding different or whether she's had training to hone her voice down I'm not sure. But she was brilliant. I sat with my ears and mouth open for her 'Rolling in the Deep' the song I'd say stole the whole show. She danced and spoke to the audience, her voice was strong, powerful and very good. Complete opposite of what I was expecting.

Janet was good, her first song 'Sweet Child of Mine' was her best performance. On the show it was slowed down which I never liked, but they kept it the original speed live which really helped, it wasn't boring, it was her own and her voice sounded good. The second song was not as good, her voice sounded a bit more screechy and most of all it was boring, I can't remember what she sang. She wasn't as good as I expected but was still enjoyable.

Johnny, who I have dubbed 'Squeaky' was sort of a surreal experience. I thought he'd be like much of the previous 'joke acts' or 'entertainment' such as Wagner or Jedward. He wasn't like that though, he didn't get the audience up and dancing and he didn't really make things very fun, despite singing 'Can't Get You Out of my Head'. Just hearing that voice come out of that man was quite...strange. I did smile at first though.

Kitty was fantastic, her voice was extra powerful and she out a massive amount of effort into her songs, you could really feel the emotion coming through. I;d say her performances were the most full of emotion and that really got the audience going. She was better than I expected.

The Risk were not what I was expecting. I liked them to begin with on the lives, but after thy switched members they lost that spark and they didn't have the confidence or the good singing. They've obviously worked a lot because live they were very good together. They harmonised perfectly and separately their voices were strong. Their vocals were nice but they were quite forgettable, hence why they're second last to be reviewed, I couldn't remember them. Much better than I expected though.

Now on to the last. The main performers. The winners. Little Mix. I don't quite know how to say this without initiating the wrath of raving fans but...they were pretty bad, made worse by the fact that they were worse than every other performer except Johnny, which isn't much to say for the winners of the show. Their version of 'ET' was the worse song of the night, it was pitchy and out of key almost the whole time, cringe-worthy. 'Beautiful' was almost as bad, as was 'Cannonball'. 'Don't Let Go' was alright, but their harmonies were all over the place and sounded very badly rehearsed. The audience was not encouraged to get up and enjoy themselves, and there was no standing ovation like there was for Kitty, Marcus and Mischa.

Overall it was a good night, all the acts were good vocally except Little Mix. Also, it's something to note that last year the X factor was sold out for four days here. This year they're only here for two days and didn't even sell all the tickets. Maybe because their winning act this year is not as good as the rest of the acts? It's kind of an embarrassing state of affairs.

Xx..xX

Don't pretend that you've ever thought Little Mix were anything but crap.