Options

Anthea Turner throws out Grant Bover over affair !!!

Comments

• Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    Yep and she was allegedly paid handsomely for it... bit long but interesting critique at the time....

Could the motivation for the book only be about money? (Certainly the former GMTV presenter was paid a small fortune for it - including around £250,000 for Daily Mail serial rights - but then what amount of money could really induce a millionaire to divulge, say, the private thoughts of her husband's six-year-old daughter on her father's new sleeping arrangements?)

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,6903,382717,00.html

Excellent question.

The whole thing beggars belief!
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both Wendy and Anthea Turner married guys who became bankrupt.

Yep. They certainly know how to pick 'em, although to be fair Wendy and Gary Webster are still together and he hasn't been playing away (as far as we know!)
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was a good presenter on Blue Peter. She suited that role

She started to get into trouble when she branched out beyond GMTV and the National Lottery into crap like that pet show she did, and I think there was some sort of dating show too. Her career pretty much ended when she married Grant Bovey. That guy looks like a villain from an episode of Chancer.

Producers and TV people thought she was great face for TV not knowing deep down she was basically rubbish and tried to be something that she isn't. Too big for her boots. She should of kept to things that she knew best. Shopping channels or radio.

There again forgot how dumb she came across on TV. I do feel some sympathy for her as Bovey have been caught twice. I don't know what she is personally like in a relationship, but it shows on TV in the past she could be difficult person and probably is to live with, and maybe he was too.
  • Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    Anthea always stuck me as being quite sly and calculating. I reckon she only hooked up with Peter Powell in the first place to further her career. The same goes for Amanda Holden with Les Dennis. And as soon as they both became famous in their own rights they both buggered off - Turner with Bovey and Holden with Neil Morrissey. I completely agree - that's why I dislike the pair of them so much too!

I agree totally - it seems she used men to get where she wanted - she ditched Bruno for Peter then decided to waltz off into the sunset with someone else's man - I find it poetic justice that she ended up with someone just as ruthless as herself who would be perfectly happy to ditch her for a new model if he found anyone daft enough to take him on. And like a lot of celebs, she seems to believe that the word 'Troll' means anyone who dares to criticise her on the internet - it doesn't :mad:
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Things must be really desperate in Canada if they are hiring Anthea Turner.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is fiesty. And the mere suggestion that she somehow deserves this betrayal makes her extremely angry.

The online criticism she has received has stung her so much that she says she is interested in trying to find yet another excuse to get back on television.

There, that's more accurate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think she should be the new host of Question Time

Even Anthea Turner would be a huge improvement over Dimbleby
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone is saying Karma has bitten Anthea on the arse, but what about Grant? HE was the one who left a wife and 3 small kids, and now cheating on the 2nd wife, when is karma going to get it's teeth into his fat backside?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anthea will be fine. She'll get work. She's still a decent presenter. Grant may be in trouble though. Unless he can hook up with some deluded Barbara Hutton-type spinster.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoe needs to run a mile.
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Everyone is saying Karma has bitten Anthea on the arse, but what about Grant? HE was the one who left a wife and 3 small kids, and now cheating on the 2nd wife, when is karma going to get it's teeth into his fat backside?

he's been living with a near on OCD 'perfect housewife' for the last 15 years, I'd say that's punishment enough :D

seriously, he's a FAILURE in every sense of the word, he's a failed pop star, a laughing stock as a business man, viewed as a VILE husband and father and looks like a Thunderbird puppet... how's that for starter's?

his full quota will come...

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1346087137718_6224276.png
  • Options
    Forum Member
    he's been living with a near on OCD 'perfect housewife' for the last 15 years, I'd say that's punishment enough

He's been living with a decent looking wife who has some money, who has a compulsion to cook and clean.

Sounds good to me. :D
  • Options
    jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know how he put up with her for so long :mad:
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    If anyone can do it, Big Boy Barry can.

Anthea, if you were married to me, we wouldn't need a mansion with 20 bedrooms because one bedroom would suffice. You can go work in Canada with full peace of mind. In fact, I'll go with you. I loved Due South and I've always wanted to see Niagara Falls. I don't have any baggage other than a rucksack and a manbag, so you never have to worry about ex-wives. On the downside, I don't know much about real estate and property, but that's OK because neither does Grant apparently. I thought your cardboard Tracy Island was better then plastic one that Matchbox made. I didn't like that new Thunderbirds movie, but that doesn't really have anything to do with you, so I don't know why I even mentioned it. We have a lot in common. I hate Eamonn Holmes too! You can be my perfect housewife, because cleaning and other domestic chores are really women's work anyway.

Anthea, my public marriage proposal is here for your consideration. Give it some thought then let me know.

Just click the "send personal message" button.
    He's been living with a decent looking wife who has some money, who has a compulsion to cook and clean.

Sounds good to me. :D

hasn't she PM'd you yet?? :D
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    I've never been a fan, but only because I don't like her presentation style.

Feel quite sorry for her though, looks like her husband is selling the house.

As for him, what a prat. She obviously loves him, and at 53 is a startlingly good looking woman.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she should be the new host of Question Time

Even Anthea Turner would be a huge improvement over Dimbleby

Thanks for giving me a laugh. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hasn't she PM'd you yet?? :D

I did have one PM, but it was just from some dude asking if I was getting a PS4. I said no. £349 is just way too much.

Anthea, if you are reading this, my offer still stands.

If she turns me down, I may just propose to Nigella Lawson instead. I'm sick of all these so called "men" mistreating these domestic goddesses.

They need to be loved by a real man. A poet, a philosopher, an astronomer like Big Boy Barry
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did have one PM, but it was just from some dude asking if I was getting a PS4. I said no. £349 is just way too much.

If she turns me down, I may just propose to Nigella Lawson instead. I'm sick of all these so called "men" mistreating these domestic goddesses.

They need to be loved by a real man. A poet, a philosopher, an astronomer like Big Boy Barry

A man can have his dreams, Barry :D...stranger things have happened.

Anyhow, as I said earlier on in the thread, I do feel a bit sorry for her. All the same, I think rather than going around pointing the finger and wanting to make shows about internet trolls, she should perhaps let someone else do that particular job and suck it up. She's made mistakes and she's got to deal with the consequences. She's got a good work ethic, still looks good and is a pretty determined person. Here's hoping Anthea does the dignified thing, avoids selling her woes, downsizes a bit and starts again. The only really sensible thing she can do now is learn a few lessons and get on with it. It's all any of us can do when we've screwed up.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems Mr Bovey has already moved on, and holidaying with the lady whom Anthea has accused him having an affair with but according to him they are just friends. He didn't hang about long?
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    muddipaws wrote: »
    Seems Mr Bovey has already moved on, and holidaying with the lady whom Anthea has accused him having an affair with but according to him they are just friends. He didn't hang about long?

And here they are. That's hands down the roughest looking 25 year old I have ever seen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2347055/A-romantic-trip-Riviera-Grant-Bovey-socialite-Antheas-totally-shameless-husband-holidays-woman-half-age.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »

Anthea looks younger. I'd say He traded DOWN.
  • Options
    JoannexxJoannexx Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cannot believe she is 25? Is that for real or is that the age she gives out
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member

Never mind Anthea or Nigella

What about Delia, she can cook and owns a football team, what more can any man ask for:D
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

25 and then some. Still, they probably deserve each other. He is no catch.
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've had a close look at Anthea's face in this article. No trace of a wrinkle there so her face has definitely been 'embalmed' by good ol' Botox.

No wonder some folks think Anthea looks so 'amazingly' young for a woman in her early fifties...:rolleyes: