Options

PS Plus

Comments

• Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree on these games though haven't started puppeteer yet. Stick it is undoubtedly weird but with sticking with. Contrast was an enexpected gem early in ps4s plus lifetime.
  • Options
    steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, you can't fault the PS plus choices for variety, they cover the different genres really well. The only genre which has been a bit patchy in the past was sports games though I think they kinda made up for that lately with PES 2014 and Everbody's Golf.

I like it when unique and unexpected games come up on there, sometimes it's best if they are the kind of games you wouldn't normally buy as it helps minimise the risk of buying a game and having it pop up on plus the next month.

Though saying that, I've all but stopped buying PS3 and Vita games, not saying the systems aren't worth buying games for anymore, more with plus you just don't need to, I have huge backlogs on both and even on PS4 I'm building a nice little collection...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice but I doubt it since its also available at retail. Sounds too soon for me
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    I was wondering fez or steamworld dig

I hope not, I have both of those lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll tell us next week apparently
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    I hope not, I have both of those lol :D

Have fez on 360 but haven't got the other one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Have fez on 360 but haven't got the other one.

Steamworld Dig is great, highly recommended.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice one I'll see if it's free then if not take a punt!!!
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Steamworld Dig is great, highly recommended.

Agreed - great fun. Most of my playing has been on the Vita.

We are getting close to the refresh of the annual PS3 content on PS+ now. I wonder if they might look at GT6? It hasn't sold as well as 5 and it would maybe help shift dlc or something.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The yearly games should be up for a refresh again soon. I wonder what will happen this time around now the PS4 has arrived. I expect we will see one of the PS3 games become a yearly PS4 game.

I think we might see a retail game announced at E3 for PS4 to challenge the changes made to Game for Gold and its imminent arrival on XB1.

Knack has to arrive soon as its already been given away free in Japan.
  • Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    We are getting close to the refresh of the annual PS3 content on PS+ now. I wonder if they might look at GT6? It hasn't sold as well as 5 and it would maybe help shift dlc or something.

June 12th was when they refreshed last year, so yes pretty close.
  • Options
    supersleuthsupersleuth Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    The yearly games should be up for a refresh again soon

Sorry, I'm new to PS+..........what's an annual refresh?
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, I'm new to PS+..........what's an annual refresh?

In addition to the games on PS+ that are there for only a month, there is also a list of games that are downloadable for free for a year. I believe the current PS3 titles are LittleBigKarting and XCOM, possibly Uncharted 3 - can't remember for certain. But anyways, in June of every year, that list gets a refresh.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Uncharted 3 has stayed there every month.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    In addition to the games on PS+ that are there for only a month, there is also a list of games that are downloadable for free for a year. I believe the current PS3 titles are LittleBigKarting and XCOM, possibly Uncharted 3 - can't remember for certain. But anyways, in June of every year, that list gets a refresh.

Yeah, the June update and refresh is usually announced at E3 I think? There's also a rumour that 2 PS4 games are leaving the US service in June, so we might start seeing 2 new PS4 games every month from now on - would coincide with the start of MS's GWG service on Xbox One.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumour...
    PS Vita - Dragon's Crown

PS3 - NBA 2K14
    PS3 - Lone Survivor

PS4 - pixel junk Shooter Ultimate

Im a bit underwhelmed if true if honest. Rumour was someone seen a screenshot of it earlier.

There should still be the yearly refresh though so all is not lost.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yikes. The PS4 selections have been awful recently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tombigbee wrote: »
    Yikes. The PS4 selections have been awful recently.

I don't get the fascination with all these retro games on a current gen console.
    For gods sake, give us some games that can't be played on a Commodore 64 >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Rumour...
    PS Vita - Dragon's Crown

PS3 - NBA 2K14
    PS3 - Lone Survivor

PS4 - pixel junk Shooter Ultimate

Im a bit underwhelmed if true if honest. Rumour was someone seen a screenshot of it earlier.

There should still be the yearly refresh though so all is not lost.

What a complete pile of junk.
    I guess the requirement for PS4 owners to join PS+ is starting to show in the quality of games appearing on here now.

I just hope the refresh saves Junes offerings
  • Options
    fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not great. Really don't need more PS4 indie games that look like flash games, or something I would buy and never install on a bundle.

That Dragon's Crown looks to have incredibly dodgy looking female charas :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like a decent month for me, I almost bought NBA 2K14 a couple of weeks ago when it was on offer, glad I didn't! Also I have had my eye on Lone Survivor for a while now so glad of that too.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    I've not minded the PS4 + titles that much to be honest. OK they have not looked visually stunning but they have all been a lot of fun to play.
    I've been having a blast with Mercenary Kings recently. Reminds me of Metal Slug which isn't a bad thing given how much I love Metal Slug games.

I also seem to recall Sony saying that the PS4 won't be getting any big retail title on + for another few months as there not that old & I guess the publishers/Developers would like to sell more copies before the games becomes available on PS+.

Anyone know on average how old a PS3 title is before it turns up on PS+?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember this was just a rumour.....nothing confirmed.