Options

Using smartphone for mainly data only?

Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
Forum Member
Do you know of any users who use their smartphone for data usage only, and rarely make calls and texts?

I do fit in to this category, but do use the 250 mins with my Giffgaff bundle up each month and send about 100 texts a month.

Comments

• Options
    iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neil_N wrote: »
    Do you know of any users who use their smartphone for data usage only, and rarely make calls and texts?

I do fit in to this category, but do use the 250 mins with my Giffgaff bundle up each month and send about 100 texts a month.

Am just the same.... Use my phone more for data than making calls or texts.
  • Options
    heidthebaheidtheba Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get 300 mins and 3000 texts per month, and use maybe 10 mins at the most, and a couple of hundred texts.

Data however :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think this is coming popular. Anyone with 99pc data use, 1pc the rest?
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Neil_N wrote: »
    I think this is coming popular. Anyone with 99pc data use, 1pc the rest?

I'm on the One Plan and the majority of my use is data. Usually over 20GB a month on average.

Texts is under 100 with most texts being sent via IM services such as WhatsApp.
    Minutes can vary greatly with some months being as low as 100/200 minutes and other months being as high as 800 minutes.

That's what I like about the One Plan for me, it's pretty much impossible to go over the allowances and it only costs me £12.50pm for something no other networks can even match.
  • Options
    flynnflynn Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Count me in. Some months I don't use any texts or minutes, it's all data.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it were up to me I would uninstall the dialer and messaging apps from my phone , well when I am on Android anyway, but my OH insists they could be useful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I use Viber for calls and it bugger all cost to ring my Mum as she has it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    I use a lot more minutes since I switched to a tarriff with unlimited minutes and texts. If I had a smaller allowance of minutes I'd try to stay within the limit because I don't like paying for calls. I use quite a lot of data though.