Options

The Bad Crimes Inn - General gossip thread (2)

Comments

• Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's threads like that that make us look reasonable :)
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a fantastic thread. Had a good laugh. Thanks for that :)
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just heading out to see the baton pass our house. Can't believe the games start in a week and about two months until the big vote!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Devastating scenes in Ukraine.

Over 80 kids on board the flight:cry:
  • Options
    EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's beyond tragic, all those innocent people caught up in a violent conflict which had absolutely nothing to do with them. :(
  • Options
    MallaryMallary Posts: 68
    Forum Member

It is very sad. I don't know what I would do if it were my son on board!
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,276
    Forum Member
    Awful tragedy. :( To say Malaysia Airlines have had a rotten year is an understatement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad :(! What happens next will be interesting. Especially since Putin is now blaming Ukraine for what has happened. Heading towards war/and invasion? I think a real possibility.
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible. And What happens next?
  • Options
    kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    This is such a tragedy, so sad.

Hearing the Russians and Ukrainians using it to score political points against each other is almost as horrific as the thing being blasted out the sky. Makes me >:(
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Gosh, this MH17 disaster has completely knocked me for six. I can't remember the last time a news story affected me in such a way. It's how awfully normal all on board appeared to be- the media taking over their belongings is ghoulish but... I don't know, gives them a story beyond just their horrible deaths.
  • Options
    nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, this MH17 disaster has completely knocked me for six. I can't remember the last time a news story affected me in such a way. It's how awfully normal all on board appeared to be- the media taking over their belongings is ghoulish but... I don't know, gives them a story beyond just their horrible deaths.

Me too, I cannot remember being so affected since 7/7, I just feel so so sad and helpless, I walked past a paper stand in Co-op earlier of the Times with the front page of all the children and burst out crying all the way home. I find myself trying not to think about it to not make me sad (which I know sounds awful) but I never expected something like this to happen, especially to an innocent passenger flight
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    nick1990 wrote: »
    Me too, I cannot remember being so affected since 7/7, I just feel so so sad and helpless, I walked past a paper stand in Co-op earlier of the Times with the front page of all the children and burst out crying all the way home. I find myself trying not to think about it to not make me sad (which I know sounds awful) but I never expected something like this to happen, especially to an innocent passenger flight

Yeah, the pictures of all of their luggage, personal artefacts and clothing strewn about the countryside are just heartbreaking. You don't realise how much mess the jetsam of a plane makes when it crashes until you see it. I found out this morning I share a few mutual friends with one of the victims- tiny, meaningless link I know but you always think of the victims of these tragedies as "others", but realise that to people out there, they are the most important person in the world.

I just hope the relatives get some kind of peace by at least getting to bury their dead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I admit I shed a few tears when watching the news report from the Netherlands. The mum and dad that lost their 3 kids who were travelling with their grandparents and the woman's sister had to break the news to her:cry:

Could you imagine what the crowd reaction would have been to Russia at eurovision if this had happened before the contest?:o
  • Options
    Jem CasperJem Casper Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    I must have tough skin.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard people where scavenging from the wreckage >:(

The whole thing is just shocking, I couldn't believe it when I first heard
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,276
    Forum Member
    Likewise with Sky News picking through the wreckage. "We shouldn't be doing this." Damn right, it's a crime scene and those are peoples belongings!

This guy had a very lucky escape though, but on the same note you have to feel for the family that lost relations in both Malaysia Airlines tragedies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jem Casper wrote: »
    I must have tough skin.

What exactly is that supposed to mean? :confused:
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they use Eurovision's wind machines as air conditioning at the EBU offices when it's as hot as this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The air-con was ridiculously high at work today, I was actually shivering whilst talking to customers on the phone.

I love summer and I love the sunshine but I hate the humidity more than anything.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They can't Carola uses them in her house
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The heat today was not nice!!!!
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that I've mentioned it before but I have Lupus and am photo sensitive so this time of year is the most miserable time for me - added to which work is ridiculously busy and we're getting hammered on every shift. Bring on the autumn.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! Just got a new job after leaving my old job last month :)! *dance*

And the place has AIR CONDITION! It's going to be like heaven :p!