Celebrity Hijack...

Comments

• The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    One of my favourite series despite having one fof the worst winners.

I re watched it last year.

The whole series is here if anyone is interested.

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=celebrity%20hijack&sm=3
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    I thought it was actually a really good series. Interesting, intelligent housemates who weren't just there in the hope of getting a shoe-in to a media career for the severely talentless.

A lot of people obviously thought it wasn't a proper BB because it only launched on C4 then got relegated to E4 for the remainder.

Wasn't one of the girls a beauty queen? I wouldn't call that a talent. I remember one girl who played the bongos in the morning which was much mocked by Harry Hill. Not bad for an E4 show. This lot now are beyond mockery (well nearly). And who could forget Steven's great rival for greatest BB entrepreneurial bullshitter, Liam? :D

http://realbusiness.co.uk/article/3354-big_brother_entrepreneur_liam_young_faker_than_fake

I think it was also the first BB where the runner-up got booed. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    mudcakes wrote: »
    Did anyone actually watch it in its entirety?

I remember thinking it was really dull & hating all the HM's...

I think I watched it all the way through. But I really don't remember much about it.

There was that one guy, who basically won the show on the first night with a silly task.

And that other guy who had a cheeky wank.

A weirdly possessive brother and his pretty sister.

And that's it.
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was an unbelievable list of celebrity hijackers; Ian Wright, Russell Brand, Joan Rivers, John McCririck, Kelly Osbourne, Peaches Geldof, Keith Lemon, Craig David, Janet Street Porter, Matt Lucas, Denise Van Outen, Rosanne Barr, Jimmy Carr, Malcolm McClaren, McKenzie Crook, Nicole Appleton, Heidi Range and Chris Moyles, among others.

My favourite was Brian Sewell laying into the student wasting tax payers' money studying conceptual art at university.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    it was really good until the crazy guy left

oh and my fave quote ever - fierce, fierce, fierce, now you're vulnerable LOL
    Forum Member
    JVS wrote: »
    There was an unbelievable list of celebrity hijackers; Ian Wright, Russell Brand, Joan Rivers, John McCririck, Kelly Osbourne, Peaches Geldof, Keith Lemon, Craig David, Janet Street Porter, Matt Lucas, Denise Van Outen, Rosanne Barr, Jimmy Carr, Malcolm McClaren, McKenzie Crook, Nicole Appleton, Heidi Range and Chris Moyles, among others.

My favourite was Brian Sewell laying into the student wasting tax payers' money studying conceptual art at university.

And congratulating Liam on having a w**k in the house. :blush:
  • daddynomatesdaddynomates Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was one of my favourite series. Good 'normal' housemates, a different celebrity each day giving them tasks. The Russell Brand day was hilarious :D
    24/7 live, which was great cos of all the late night messing about.

Yeah loved it.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    History is repeating itself with Helen, She will win this Channel 5 series :(
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I remember the boxing guy Anthony Ogogo(?) - he's on TV in the boxing capacity still. Think he was at the Olympics.

He was favourite to win for a long time then went and messed it up - can't remember what he did.
  • TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    It was a good series (for people who actually like BB). I watched a good chunk of it online whilst abroad on 'borrowed' wi-fi. Not many series I'm bother with that for...
    Wasn't one of the girls a beauty queen? I wouldn't call that a talent. I remember one girl who played the bongos in the morning which was much mocked by Harry Hill. Not bad for an E4 show.
    Jade Eden was the beauty queen which I agree is stretching it for a talent, though she was also a member of MENSA wasn't she...?

It was both a beautiful and a brainy series all round. I remember saying that it must be the only series in which a beauty queen could be considered the fourth most attractive (after Emilia, Amy and Calista), although I seem to remember ucra girl ably presented the case for the defense on that one...

Ah Calista and her bongoes :D

She was unlucky really. A genuinely talented and beautiful girl remembered only for being smitten with (Olympic medallist to be) Anthony Ogogo, her silliest song, and squealing that she hadn't been masturbating in the bath...
    This lot now are beyond mockery (well nearly). And who could forget Steven's great rival for greatest BB entrepreneurial bullshitter, Liam? :D

http://realbusiness.co.uk/article/3354-big_brother_entrepreneur_liam_young_faker_than_fake
    Liam wins every time. :cool:

His weird mewing noises were much more entertaining than anything Steven's done. Also his relationship with his right hand is SO much more romantic than Steven's relationship with Kim.
  • SpecialFriedSpecialFried Posts: 3,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trumbles wrote: »

His weird mewing noises were much more entertaining than anything Steven's done. Also his relationship with his right hand is SO much more romantic than Steven's relationship with Kim.

Just as he was about to leave the House he declared: "Let's all stay in touch!"

It was my perception that the rest of them froze for a moment as icy fingers clutched at their hearts....

:D
    Forum Member
    Just as he was about to leave the House he declared: "Let's all stay in touch!"

It was my perception that the rest of them froze for a moment as icy fingers clutched at their hearts....

:D

I'm predicting that Kimberly does the same when she finds out that Steven's largest asset is his Power Rangers duvet cover. :D
  • Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most memorable thing about it was Harry Hill sending up 'I love to play my bongos in the morning..' on TV Burp. Apparently it's tearing up the funky house scene.
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    I remember the boxing guy Anthony Ogogo(?) - he's on TV in the boxing capacity still. Think he was at the Olympics.

He was favourite to win for a long time then went and messed it up - can't remember what he did.

He got Bronze Medal at the Olympics :)
  • SpecialFriedSpecialFried Posts: 3,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My outstanding memory will always be the late Malcolm McLaren casually explaining to a gobsmacked Amy how he conned his way into art school three or four times in a row - changing his name/identity each time to get a new grant. Yes that's "non-returnable grant" not "repayable loan", boys and girls....
  • Colbert BumpColbert Bump Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hijack was one of the best series of Big Brother. Housemates were actually talented & not the usual wannabes we get every year. All the Tasks were fresh & brilliant but the series never got the credit because it was aired on E4.
  • Dr.FeverDr.Fever Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I remember Victor being hot ...and most of the other housemates being dull.

It was something different for BB, but I'm glad it wasn't repeated.
  • NorthWingNorthWing Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    i loved the way the celebrities participated...we got to see joan rivers, roseanne barr, peaches geldof, malcom maclaren, matt lawrence, etc.

the housemates were young but had much more content than most series.

i loved callista.
    amy, emilia, victor, and jeremy were great.
    the others were fine too, even crazy liam.

tasks were fun, and the atmosphere was not one of hate and emnity.
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I watched all of it and i really liked it because ALL of the housemates were positive, self-disciplined, reasonably likeable and organised. None of them smoked, or drank to excess, and they didn't have stupid chavvy arguments.

The one I remember most of all is the beautiful Anthony Ogogo who was very sweet and cute as well as being strong and hunky. I sort-of remember some of the others like the arty girl, the gymnastic dancing siblings, and the Jeremy, but interestingly I had completely forgotten about the winner John Loughton until I read the rest of this thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    I really liked this series but I remember trailing off a little in the final few days, I was really disappointed when Amy didn't win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    ucra girl wrote: »
    Celebrity Hijack is still my no 1 BB show and Jeremy Metcalfe my favourite housemate ever!
    Wonder if he made it as a racing driver? I think about him when I see his cousin, Jemima Rooper in two of my favourite films, "The Railway Children" and "Kinky Boots."
    I watched Celebrity Hijack and it had some good parts to it such as the purple man who would suddenly run through the house messing it up. I also loved Chris Moyles voice over played into the house. Emelia and her over-protective brother Viktor were good characters too but I wanted the artist, Amy to win.
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trumbles wrote: »
    It was a good series (for people who actually like BB). I watched a good chunk of it online whilst abroad on 'borrowed' wi-fi. Not many series I'm bother with that for...

Jade Eden was the beauty queen which I agree is stretching it for a talent, though she was also a member of MENSA wasn't she...?

It was both a beautiful and a brainy series all round. I remember saying that it must be the only series in which a beauty queen could be considered the fourth most attractive (after Emilia, Amy and Calista), although I seem to remember ucra girl ably presented the case for the defense on that one...

Ah Calista and her bongoes :D

She was unlucky really. A genuinely talented and beautiful girl remembered only for being smitten with (Olympic medallist to be) Anthony Ogogo, her silliest song, and squealing that she hadn't been masturbating in the bath...

I would defend Hijack at all times lol
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed watching the housemates. They had some really interesting chats, great laughs and I liked watching them practice their talents. Victor and Emelia on their skates was interesting. The girls all seem really bendy and I was fascinated watching them do their warm ups and chatting whilst holding up a leg high above their heads. I dislike showmances, but I found myself willing Jeremy and Emelia to get together, but they never did. Great series. :)
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=LIZALYNN;73767591]Wonder if he made it as a racing driver? I think about him when I see his cousin, Jemima Rooper in two of my favourite films, "The Railway Children" and "Kinky Boots."
    I watched Celebrity Hijack and it had some good parts to it such as the purple man who would suddenly run through the house messing it up. I also loved Chris Moyles voice over played into the house. Emelia and her over-protective brother Viktor were good characters too but I wanted the artist, Amy to win.[/QUOTE]

After CBBH,he raced his last season in 2008 where he finished 2nd in the British GT Championship.I went to two races and met him,he won the last race of the season and he was a very very good racing driver.By that time he had started University at Nottingham Trent Bsc Property Investment &Finance and I had a convo with him about it.That was his last season.Motor Sport was heavily hit by the recession and I think most of his mates gave up due to lack of sponsorship.

He graduated in 2011 and is now working at CampbellGordon in Reading.I suppose he is heading into Property and most his mates are in this industry.He is doing very well.Here he is on their website;

http://www.campbellgordon.co.uk/team.aspx

I do think he was always going back to university because during the show he had been at another Uni in 2007,obviously applications are done around October and people know by Febuary.So by Jan 2008 when he was on the show he knew he was going to Uni.He just changed his course and went to Nottingham.One of his friends went to uni with him but continued motor racing in the UK
  • jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »
    After CBBH,he raced his last season in 2008 where he finished 2nd in the British GT Championship.I went to two races and met him,he won the last race of the season and he was a very very good racing driver.By that time he had started University at Nottingham Trent Bsc Property Investment &Finance and I had a convo with him about it.That was his last season.Motor Sport was heavily hit by the recession and I think most of his mates gave up due to lack of sponsorship.

He graduated in 2011 and is now working at CampbellGordon in Reading.I suppose he is heading into Property and most his mates are in this industry.He is doing very well.Here he is on their website;

http://www.campbellgordon.co.uk/team.aspx

I do think he was always going back to university because during the show he had been at another Uni in 2007,obviously applications are done around October and people know by Febuary.So by Jan 2008 when he was on the show he knew he was going to Uni.He just changed his course and went to Nottingham.One of his friends went to uni with him but continued motor racing in the UK
    Oh my time flies :D It was Jan 2008 hijack was on wow I remember it so clear and some of the posters including you :p Also it was only about 6 months after i joined this site damn lol