Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    yeah I'll bet - he saw what happened to Galliano who is much more famous
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    My best friend is black so I'm not at all racist, but I did grow up with James Brown's sister, Marina who sadly died a few years ago. I know that their family were never brought up that way and I think James was just being a bit of a drunken smart arse. There is never much mention of what he has been through, but he has had two sisters die of cancer in his short lifetime. The first was in his early teens and I know that it devastated the family and then sadly Marina died of cancer herself just a few years ago. I haven't seen James since school days, but I would imagine that despite all the fame etc his personal life is pretty sad and in those sort of circumstances people are known to act out.

Nothing excuses his words, but try and remember what he has been through and that guiding him through his grief is Kate Moss (not the best role model). I wish James all the best and hope he can revert to the lovely lad that he was when he was growing up. I know his sister would be very disappointed to hear of this incident as she was not at all racist.:(
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    My best friend is black so I'm not at all racist, but I did grow up with James Brown's sister, Marina who sadly died a few years ago. I know that their family were never brought up that way and I think James was just being a bit of a drunken smart arse. There is never much mention of what he has been through, but he has had two sisters die of cancer in his short lifetime. The first was in his early teens and I know that it devastated the family and then sadly Marina died of cancer herself just a few years ago. I haven't seen James since school days, but I would imagine that despite all the fame etc his personal life is pretty sad and in those sort of circumstances people are known to act out.

Nothing excuses his words, but try and remember what he has been through and that guiding him through his grief is Kate Moss (not the best role model). I wish James all the best and hope he can revert to the lovely lad that he was when he was growing up. I know his sister would be very disappointed to hear of this incident as she was not at all racist.:(

He's an adult, so he doesn't need a role model. Kate may have her faults, but I wish people would stop kind of blaming her for this. Very unfair.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What happened in his past is terrible but is completely irrelevant to him using words like that.
  • Options
    Tamryn29Tamryn29 Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    franster wrote: »
    What happened in his past is terrible but is completely irrelevant to him using words like that.

This ^
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I know, most people don't suddenly start using racist words they'd never otherwise use when drunk?