100% ALLEGED Showbiz, Blind Items and Gossip Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    No, says mostly movies. Wolverine is only known for movies.

His Tony award says differently :D
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    His Tony award says differently :D

I took it to mean known for just movies not TV in the on screen sense. Well known for other things too but not TV
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    I took it to mean known for just movies not TV in the on screen sense. Well known for other things too but not TV

My comment was in reply to the poster who said he's "only known for movies" rather than what's in the blind itself.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    My comment was in reply to the poster who said he's "only known for movies" rather than what's in the blind itself.

Oh i see now, Apologies
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Oh i see now, Apologies

That's alright, no need to apologise :)
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    From Crazy Days & Nights

After several years on the job the male assistant/lover of this married A+ list mostly movie actor has moved onto another job and this leaves an opening. So, if you want to get paid to be a beard, now is your chance. Oh, and he likes them in their early 20's.

Umm they do realise this doesn't make sense? is the person supposed to be applying to be a "beard" or an "assistant" they are two different roles.

Also can we just rule out Wolverine - he's not gay if he was he'd be the Aussie John Barrowman, loud out and proud.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Umm they do realise this doesn't make sense? is the person supposed to be applying to be a "beard" or an "assistant" they are two different roles.

Also can we just rule out Wolverine - he's not gay if he was he'd be the Aussie John Barrowman, loud out and proud.

Now this is where I got confused. A beard, well usually on here is a fake partner who covers the sexuality of the star. High waisted and his girlfriends are his beards it seems.

I actually thought from the original post it was someone who did TV and movies, never thought about muscials.

And I still don't think Wolverine is gay.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Many of the gay rumors about him base some of it to their opinion of his wife's looks, and her being older than him. Apparently if he wasn't gay, he'd be married to more attractive woman. (Not my words, I strongly disagree with all of it)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member

I sadly doubt an openly gay man would ever be cast as Wolverine.

New guess is Will Tippin
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

New guess is Will Tippin

He's not married, is he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sadly doubt an openly gay man would ever be cast as Wolverine.

New guess is Will Tippin

Not so sure about, that Dr Spock is, Doogie Howser MD, the guy from White Collar, but Wolverine would give up the role to be himself. The only reason for rumours about him is as FingersAndToes points out because his wife is older and not the conventional bimbo the gossip sites think he should be dating.

Wil Tippin is not married right now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Not so sure about, that Dr Spock is, Doogie Howser MD, the guy from White Collar, but Wolverine would give up the role to be himself.

There are quite a few "out" actors now but sadly Hollywood is still not progressive enough to trust an openly gay actor with a macho superhero lead like Wolverine. Inaccurate stereotypes about gay guys limit the parts given to gay actors.

Things are getting better, but say if you take Dr Spock, he is part of an ensemble and his character is more cerebral than brawny - at this point I couldn't imagine an openly gay actor being cast as Kirk. Similarly it's not often you get an openly gay actor as a romantic leading man - the White Collar guy (who is insanely hot) was considered for Christian Grey but they ultimately cast 2 guys who've been married instead.

Why audiences can suspend disbelief that movie characters can travel through time, fly, cast magic spells etc but can't be trusted to suspend disbelief that a gay actor could play a straight character, I do not know...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    White Collat was pretty open about not wanting Christian Grey ( actually most actors in the world were not keen), if it had been a better part it might have been interesting to see what would have happened.

But I think Doogie Howser MD is probably the one who really pushes the gay accepted as straight though. Bareny is such a womaniser but no one questions it.

My point more is I'm not sure we really know what would happen until it does.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    White Collat was pretty open about not wanting Christian Grey ( actually most actors in the world were not keen).

That's what I thought as well. There was lot of talk about different actors in the role, but it was its gossip, most of them never even auditioned or considered the role at all.
    Forum Member
    And there was the rumour White Collar missed out on Superman because he was gay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was started by Jackie Collins - and I'm not sure what she would know.

According to others he lost out because the director changed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    White Collar was pushed forward for 50 Shades by loads of women who think he is hot. He wasn't interested in the part and said so openly.

Oh by the way its MR.SPOCK, not Dr.Spock who was a real baby expert doctor in the 1960s.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not so sure about, that Dr Spock is, Doogie Howser MD, the guy from White Collar, but Wolverine would give up the role to be himself. The only reason for rumours about him is as FingersAndToes points out because his wife is older and not the conventional bimbo the gossip sites think he should be dating.

I just say here for ages trying to get my head around the fact that Spock is gay and wondering how I hadn't heard this before, then I realised you meant the other Spock. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I just say here for ages trying to get my head around the fact that Spock is gay and wondering how I hadn't heard this before, then I realised you meant the other Spock. :D

Yes, its Skylar Spock not Spock Spock
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry for the confusion I'm so embarrassed given I checked he played Spock on imdb :blush:

Mr Spock, Mr Spock.
    Forum Member
    From Sunday People

Which model is fuming after finding out a member of her staff is having an affair with her boyfriend?

From Crazy Days & Nights

This B list mostly movie actor keeps getting parts based on his looks, but with no discernible acting talent. With no franchise to help him any longer and bombs aplenty from his other roles, he needs something. Maybe his backup plan is the son of the royal he has been seeing the past month.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ I think Jacob Black for the second one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sorry for the confusion I'm so embarrassed given I checked he played Spock on imdb :blush:

Mr Spock, Mr Spock.

:D:D:D Trekkers take it very seriously
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    :D:D:D Trekkers take it very seriously

As a Whovian I respect that, these things are serious.
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    ^ I think Jacob Black for the second one.

See i was going to say his co-star who was recently Hercules and more importantly recently in Monaco ;-)
This discussion has been closed.