Does anyone evan get sad when people die in hollyoaks

gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
Forum Member
✭✭
I for one no longer do, i started watching hollyoaks in 2006 when the mqueens arrived and the first deaths i remember were the burton twins and the few others i remember that time feeling very sad and i could take that storyline seriously i gues due to it being my early days watching it, but ever since we have had so many deaths so many fires and explosions and disasters that now i just take it more like a joke, i just now treat hollyoaks as i treated sunset beach, in the late 90s and that i mean its not a soap to be taken seriously due to the predictable storylines, also i dont find there so called shock deaths entertining, seems like hollyoaks producers are so insecure as they know hollyoaks has few viewers compared to the other soaps that they cant think of any other storylines besides the same old deaths deaths :yawn::yawn:. im also sick of the hardcore HO fans who say its good alot of there storylines are kept secret i disagree, if any soap has a major big storyline coming up or death of course viewers should know as it gets more viewers tuned in, look at the amount of attention emmerdale has just got, evan i tuned in and im not evan an emmerdale fan. one thing i hope now is kirkwood leaves asap, yes i have never liked him and we get some more interesting different storylines for a change, one storyline i would say im looking forward too is the domestic storyline so well done to kirkwood for that lets hope he brings in more new storylines that doesnt relate to disaters and bombs.

Comments

• Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    I'm showing my age here, but I'll always remember Dawns death from when it started. No spoilers, no coverage of it really, no clue at all she was leaving. Just a heartbroken Jambo trying to wake her up, six seconds after she agreed to marry him. And that was the Hollyoaks Christmas episode! Terrific writing that was...
  • Corrie2010Corrie2010 Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree , noone really cares, they forget about it within a week
    And therefore Hollyoaks deaths become a norm and not interesting as it would be on a normal soap
    BK should seriously calm down with the murderous storylines
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leanne's death was so sad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    I for one no longer do, i started watching hollyoaks in 2006 when the mqueens arrived and the first deaths i remember were the burton twins and the few others i remember that time feeling very sad and i could take that storyline seriously i gues due to it being my early days watching it, but ever since we have had so many deaths so many fires and explosions and disasters that now i just take it more like a joke, i just now treat hollyoaks as i treated sunset beach, in the late 90s and that i mean its not a soap to be taken seriously due to the predictable storylines, also i dont find there so called shock deaths entertining, seems like hollyoaks producers are so insecure as they know hollyoaks has few viewers compared to the other soaps that they cant think of any other storylines besides the same old deaths deaths :yawn::yawn:. im also sick of the hardcore HO fans who say its good alot of there storylines are kept secret i disagree, if any soap has a major big storyline coming up or death of course viewers should know as it gets more viewers tuned in, look at the amount of attention emmerdale has just got, evan i tuned in and im not evan an emmerdale fan. one thing i hope now is kirkwood leaves asap, yes i have never liked him and we get some more interesting different storylines for a change, one storyline i would say im looking forward too is the domestic storyline so well done to kirkwood for that lets hope he brings in more new storylines that doesnt relate to disaters and bombs.

Well I liked Bryan back when he brought in the McQueens and we got a lot of great storylines from him. There are still scenes that I really enjoy in Hollyoaks but overall I know what you mean. They take things too far.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Leanne's death was so sad

sadly i didnt evan find leannes death tragic thats how bad its got now and shes the type i would normally get sad for.
  • Owen19Owen19 Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've found plenty of the deaths sad, and I've only been watching since 2011. Lynsey's was really sad and Cheryl made me upset. Rhys was sad as well and Leanne's definetly was.
  • bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find all the deaths sad but they never really effect me as it seems at least a character or two die per month so just becomes apart of the running of things. This week things have been alot calmer but I've really enjoyed it. Well calmer apart from Leanne's death but..
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    max cunningham and lynsey nolans death really got to me
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leanne's death made me cry! :(
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cried when max and Steph died
  • lmcd08lmcd08 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in floods of tears when Max died but it depends on how much I like the character for whether I get upset over a death or not.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max, Malachy, and Stephs were really sad.
  • ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wept like a baby at Leanne's death. :o:(
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brendans abusr storyline brought tears to my eyes. Emmet played it so brilliantly. I remember him crying and begging his dad not to do it. Gives me goosebumps
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,640
    Forum Member
    In the past, yes. Recently, no. That's because there is virtually nobody left in Hollyoaks that I care about. I agree with Sorcha, though - I cried like a baby over Brendan and Seamus, because it was a powerful story, well written and heartbreakingly well acted and, crucially, because I cared about the characters involved.
  • ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even watch it, but the amount of Hollyoaks deaths I see in the news is insane.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urmmmmm...... No.................:D
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    I did I remember there was a potholing ep years ago where I was gutted I really liked Theo and Jamie the two I remember dying in that one. Dan Hunter, Also Dawn from way back.
    Malachy was the last one I cared about really though. Now there's too many deaths to really care even the one's I like I just don't find their deaths that interesting. Rhys had a great death scene but it was too much of a comedy with the teens also dying that week. Should've just been him.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The current writers or executive producer needs to be axed. There's a death in Hollyoaks every week now.
  • Dizzy-GirlDizzy-Girl Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Grace dying was a proper sob fest, which was a bit embarrassing as I was watching it at work!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was sad at Leanne's.
    Annoyed at Anna's.

I wouldn't say I was sad at Texas', it was more disappointed because she died quite innocently and it was a tragic way to go.

In all, yes I do get sad at characters' deaths. Continuity means a lot to me, I realy invest in the characters so it's quite sad to see their journey come to that sort of end when you imagine them as this real person, and it's sad to see the effects it has on the related characters too. But in a way it's quite annoying to see how the writers can throw all that away to get rid of the character instead of writing new stuff.

I don't really cry at TV, so Leanne's death didn't make me cry, but it did make me quite emotional.

A lot of deaths recently were for shock value (Anna, Trent, Browning) so they weren't really done for the emotional aspect of it.

I do think Hollyoaks should have more deaths unspoiled, much, much better way to watch, even if I am a sucker for spoilers...
  • evoleevole Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizzy-Girl wrote: »
    Grace dying was a proper sob fest, which was a bit embarrassing as I was watching it at work!

:D bless
  • General BounceGeneral Bounce Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Leanne's death SHOULD have been tragic but I couldn't wait for them to get it over and done with to be honest. Purely because I'm bored with them all and would like the show to get back to normality.
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Dr Browning ran over Claire there was a bit of a black comedy moment when he said to Mercedes "Well you didn't think I'd miss your birthday?"
  • James_VickJames_Vick Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    sadly i didnt evan find leannes death tragic thats how bad its got now and shes the type i would normally get sad for.

EVEN, its EVEN not EVAN!