Steam game release dates

ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I need help to understand something here. Do Steam have regional release dates for games or does it go by North American release dates ?. I'm asking because I just bought Lego Marvel and I'm installing it now and have the option to play it but it isn't due out in the EU until next month :confused:

Comments

• Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Release dates are determined by the publisher, the majority of the time the launch time is universal, but there are times (Scribblenauts Unlimited ((same publisher))) where they set different release dates based on region.

Looking at this game, I have no idea what is going on. It says it is available, but on the storepage it says Pre-Purchase with no launch date shown. Also UK players have said they have played for a couple of levels before the game is being locked.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Release dates are determined by the publisher, the majority of the time the launch time is universal, but there are times (Scribblenauts Unlimited ((same publisher))) where they set different release dates based on region.

Looking at this game, I have no idea what is going on. It says it is available, but on the storepage it says Pre-Purchase with no launch date shown. Also UK players have said they have played for a couple of levels before the game is being locked.

That's exactly what happened to me JM. I managed to play for around 40 mins before the game locked so I checked the Steam forums and it was some bug that let those outside the US play it but now it's been fixed.