X1 Time to get excited

Comments

• dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Stick a note on his front door to knock on the living room window :D

Thats an option, if doesn't and just leaves a card he'll be getting a phone call

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you bring back Xbox One now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am gonna have a right case of the giddies on Friday but, I am working 8:30 while 5pm, lath though I am hoping to negotiate a 30min lunch so I can finish at 4:30pm. I then have to pop to GAME at Meadowhall to pick up Ryse and an extra controller, when I get home to set all up, it turns out I am now off to a Gig to watch a SlipKnot tribute band for a friends birthday at 8pm..........so not much xbox one time on launch day. So Saturday will really be my Launch Day, lol! :D

I'll be picking up from meadowhall. I Finish work on Friday at 12.30 and only work 5 mins away from meadowhall. I won't I have much spare time over the weekend though as it's my son's birthday on Saturday and then a family christening on Sunday.

I did get a phone call from game yesterday saying I could go and prepay for the Xbox on Wednesday or Thursday and they were trying to sell there extra insurance care for £65 but I don't think I will bother
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just know the reviews are gonna come good :)
    I'll be most interested to hear how well the new Kinect works in real living rooms. The first Kinect seemed to get reviewed on its potential, rather than what it could actually do. I hope the new reviews are more realistic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    yeah i'm just going to sell the code, seen people already selling them on Ebay

Alot of trust there that your not just buying someones used code or what if for some reason it doesnt work??

I dont know, something about buying a code online / e-bay just sounds a bit dodgy,would rather buy the disc but thats just me.
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to be watching Forza 5 on Twitch on Thursday seeing as the Aussies will already have it. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alot of trust there that your not just buying someones used code or what if for some reason it doesnt work??

I dont know, something about buying a code online / e-bay just sounds a bit dodgy,would rather buy the disc but thats just me.

I'm not buying the code, just selling it. Been offered £30 for i'll probably just sell it to them and not go via ebay
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gavo360 wrote: »
    I'll be picking up from meadowhall. I Finish work on Friday at 12.30 and only work 5 mins away from meadowhall. I won't I have much spare time over the weekend though as it's my son's birthday on Saturday and then a family christening on Sunday.

I did get a phone call from game yesterday saying I could go and prepay for the Xbox on Wednesday or Thursday and they were trying to sell there extra insurance care for £65 but I don't think I will bother

I work about 5 to 10 mins away from Meadowhell too, lol, my xbox was ordered on Amazon, but I have a bit of money on a Games card desperate for using.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not very happy right now, just been told that I "really should" cancel my pre-booked holiday on Friday as the store will need me (I work for Game...but probably not for much longer)

I played the long game and booked this weekend months ago as my gamble that the Xbone would be released but agreed to do the midnight launch (mainly so I could pick up my Xbox at the same time)

Apparently the manger needs to "be somewhere on else" on Friday and will need "all hands on deck" and "everyone to be a team player" so that the launch will be a success.

Well, it looks like I will be quitting my job all in the name of playing Xbone on release.

Any suggestions on how best to do this? I was thinking of walking out the moment that I have the Xbone in my hands at the store!

(Yes I know people are using Xbone as a derogatory term but I'm taking it back!, this should be our term of affection for our system and not something to be ashamed of!)
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair... you do work for a gaming store. Yes, you may have booked it off prior to the release date announcement, however I doubt any company would allow an employee to take a day off on what could be their busiest day since the last generation launch.. At least you'll be going home to your XBO and won't miss delivery ;)
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Wrong thread
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    To be fair... you do work for a gaming store. Yes, you may have booked it off prior to the release date announcement, however I doubt any company would allow an employee to take a day off on what could be their busiest day since the last generation launch.. At least you'll be going home to your XBO and won't miss delivery ;)

Yes got to agree, sometimes as a manager i have to ask people to cancel leave or work extra in the day. I do it myself, hell i've even had a 'day off' but been constantly on the phone with work.

Can totally see where your boss is coming from. Nothing i wouldn't ask of my team. Man up and just play it when you get home
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus it would be fun to see what games everyone that shops in GAME buys for their Xbox One's :) I can see Ghosts, BF4 and DR3 selling well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes got to agree, sometimes as a manager i have to ask people to cancel leave or work extra in the day. I do it myself, hell i've even had a 'day off' but been constantly on the phone with work.

Can totally see where your boss is coming from. Nothing i wouldn't ask of my team. Man up and just play it when you get home

Man up? the manager is taking the day off to play it himself and bagging on me to come in to work to cover for his lazy rear end!

If he was coming in as well as the rest of us then thats different but faking an "urgent meeting" at the last minute is just not on.

Yeah, I agree that working for a game shop does mean having to sacrifice a certain level of your own time for the public when days like this come along and I will be covering the midnight lauch shift which itself is an epic night itself with angry customers who didnt pre -order getting sent home.(the area I work in isnt exactly classy in the first place)

I apologise for even mentioning this on here as this forum is not the best place to bring this grievance and will not mention it further.

I am looking forward to getting this system home and right now think it has the edge on PS4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooltv wrote: »
    Plus it would be fun to see what games everyone that shops in GAME buys for their Xbox One's :) I can see Ghosts, BF4 and DR3 selling well.

I know that the online store has been sending out early copies of COD:Ghosts on Xbone after Activisions reps "requested" that due to the size of the launch they did not want any of their fanbase to be without a copy of Ghosts on day one.

It has nothing to do with them being desperate to get their sales up a bit more as they have taken a hell of alot of abuse over the "£1 million sold in" stuff last week.

I have never seen such a return rate like iv seen on Ghosts, I know the story line mission are not exactly good but I thought everyone played COD for the online aspect?

We got loads of battlefield 4 in store for both Xbone and PS4, I would say that the least number of copies that we have had delivered for Xbone is Ryse as there isnt a great deal of interest in it so far.(not played it so cant comment but no one has asked about it)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well first lot of reviews in and i have to say a few games got higher than i expected.

DR3 back on my maybe list and now definitely getting Powerstar golf. Hopefully that will be about £15 if its $20?

Expect Forza to do well on Wednesday then i expect Ryse on Thursday to sink
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Man up? the manager is taking the day off to play it himself and bagging on me to come in to work to cover for his lazy rear end!

If he was coming in as well as the rest of us then thats different but faking an "urgent meeting" at the last minute is just not on.

Yeah, I agree that working for a game shop does mean having to sacrifice a certain level of your own time for the public when days like this come along and I will be covering the midnight lauch shift which itself is an epic night itself with angry customers who didnt pre -order getting sent home.(the area I work in isnt exactly classy in the first place)

I apologise for even mentioning this on here as this forum is not the best place to bring this grievance and will not mention it further.

I am looking forward to getting this system home and right now think it has the edge on PS4

Has your manager actually got the day off then? Or is he in work and you are suspicious on what he terms as 'needs to be somewhere else'
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Dont quit your job!!!
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Also, looks like MS have taken my money - panic over!!
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    I've always been one to queue up for new gadgets on release day (queued for my 360 and for an iPhone 4!!) however, I am just not feeling this whole Xbox One thing......:(

Firstly - there is no way I can justify paying over :eek:£400:eek: for a gaming console (think the price is around £430) - I don't care what it can do...... M$ are just being plain greedy.

And secondly - the games - all 6 of them!! And at about £65 per game - are you 'aving a laugh...?!!!!!:eek: The only game that mildly interests me is Dead Rising, (not a huge racing fan so not interested in Forza and the same goes for the COD game - never been into war games...!), however, not even that warrants me paying £430 plus £65 on top for the game itself - that's just outrageous...!!!
    Plus the fact that my 360 still has really good quality games on it - the Xbox One just isn't doing it for me at the moment.

And then the other major issue for me is this whole tv gimmick thing......

You know - the one where the Xbox One plugs into your tv. Then you plug your satellite/cable box into the Xbox One, so that you get a special Xbox One on-screen overlay to watch your tv channels which are coming through your satellite/cable box - so in essence, in order to watch tv, you now have to turn on your tv, then your satellite/cable box, and then your Xbox One...?!?!?:confused::confused:

What the hell is all that about......?! Turn on 3 gadgets to do the same exact job that the 2 existing gadgets did anyway.....?!?!?!?!?:confused:

And then there is the whole which cable/satellite box will actually be compatible with the Xbox One?! No provider has yet come forward to say that they will officially support it and be compatible with it................

Too many unanswered questions for me to be an early adopter. Gonna wait and see what the reviews are like once it is out and see which providers are gonna officially say that their boxes will indeed be compatible.

EDIT - Ok my bad - the games are NOT £65 but around £49.99. Still - still not enough to coax me in..........!
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Link to £65 games please, that's way above RRP.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member

Yes mate, don't talk about work on these forums or anywhere on the net unless it's in private. It's just not worth it. I've known people to be sacked from discussing work related issues on forums.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has your manager actually got the day off then? Or is he in work and you are suspicious on what he terms as 'needs to be somewhere else'

Hes been caught bragging / over heard (yes by me as well as others) to his chief underling that hes taking Friday off to stay at home and play the Xbone (not taking it as holiday either becasue he cant) while telling the rest of us that hes needed to take part in a local area meeting so wont be in.

Hes not worth talking about anymore, I wont be there on Friday in any case as I am sticking to my pre-planned day off as holiday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    I've always been one to queue up for new gadgets on release day (queued for my 360 and for an iPhone 4!!) however, I am just not feeling this whole Xbox One thing......:(

Firstly - there is no way I can justify paying over :eek:£400:eek: for a gaming console (think the price is around £430) - I don't care what it can do...... M$ are just being plain greedy.

And secondly - the games - all 6 of them!! And at about £65 per game - are you 'aving a laugh...?!!!!!:eek: The only game that mildly interests me is Dead Rising, (not a huge racing fan so not interested in Forza and the same goes for the COD game - never been into war games...!), however, not even that warrants me paying £430 plus £65 on top for the game itself - that's just outrageous...!!!
    Plus the fact that my 360 still has really good quality games on it - the Xbox One just isn't doing it for me at the moment.

And then the other major issue for me is this whole tv gimmick thing......

You know - the one where the Xbox One plugs into your tv. Then you plug your satellite/cable box into the Xbox One, so that you get a special Xbox One on-screen overlay to watch your tv channels which are coming through your satellite/cable box - so in essence, in order to watch tv, you now have to turn on your tv, then your satellite/cable box, and then your Xbox One...?!?!?:confused::confused:

What the hell is all that about......?! Turn on 3 gadgets to do the same exact job that the 2 existing gadgets did anyway.....?!?!?!?!?:confused:

And then there is the whole which cable/satellite box will actually be compatible with the Xbox One?! No provider has yet come forward to say that they will officially support it and be compatible with it................

Too many unanswered questions for me to be an early adopter. Gonna wait and see what the reviews are like once it is out and see which providers are gonna officially say that their boxes will indeed be compatible.

EDIT - Ok my bad - the games are NOT £65 but around £49.99. Still - still not enough to coax me in..........!

Who's charing £65? thats really bad, at that price its cheaper to buy from the Xbox/PSN store.

Most I have seen is £59 but thats a special day one edition.

Normal games should be between £45-£50.

I remember the PS3 launch games being really expensive but came down to Xbox prices soon after.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Hes been caught bragging / over heard (yes by me as well as others) to his chief underling that hes taking Friday off to stay at home and play the Xbone (not taking it as holiday either becasue he cant) while telling the rest of us that hes needed to take part in a local area meeting so wont be in.

Hes not worth talking about anymore, I wont be there on Friday in any case as I am sticking to my pre-planned day off as holiday.

That kind of behaviour from manager's was similar when I worked for GAME. Thankfully, I've moved to a much better company where everyone respects each other. Just out of interest which store do you work for? Do that over PM, just interested that's all lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Forza Day One here. Working at 2pm, my first at launch console and it might be the next day before setup, rich isn't it.

Done a wee bit of over time but haven't decided which game to get.