Comments

• RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it when companies "rise prices".
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £1.50 is no big deal but this thread will provide space for the TT bashers (including the OP) to moan and groan.

At the moment the new price is for new customers.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    I hate it when companies "rise prices".

It happens all the time, sometimes too much.
    The problem with this is that Talk Talk is offering a mobile phone service and think that makes up for the price rise because they call it the lowest price sim only service.

fine if people want that I suppose.

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    £1.50 is no big deal but this thread will provide space for the TT bashers (including the OP) to moan and groan.

At the moment the new price is for new customers.

No skin of my nose, I am not with talk talk, just thought people may want to know.
    May be for new customers at the moment, but it will come to you.
    £1.50 may be a lot to some people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    No skin of my nose, I am not with talk talk, just thought people may want to know.
    May be for new customers at the moment, but it will come to you.

Can you not stop trolling?

You are a true PITA, seemingly on various threads to wind people up and stop using the 'I'm on chemo' as an excuse for your behavior, you have always been the same here so I'd suggest your issues are elsewhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It happens all the time, sometimes too much.
    The problem with this is that Talk Talk is offering a mobile phone service and think that makes up for the price rise because they call it the lowest price sim only service.

fine if people want that I suppose.

I am sure you meant price rise or price increase rather than rise price.;-)

The basic BB service is still just £5 so not exactly a kings ransom.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are a true PITA, seemingly on various threads to wind people up and stop using the 'I'm on chemo' as an excuse for your behavior, you have always been the same here so I'd suggest your issues are elsewhere.

Harsh. But true.

And the other day on one of the many TV licence threads I said he was giving TalkTalk a little break.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is a load of crap, I do not use me being ill as any excuse, so go away.
    Also, how can I be trolling, I am just saying that the price is going up on your beloved Talk Talk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure you meant price rise or price increase rather than rise price.;-)

The basic BB service is still just £5 so not exactly a kings ransom.

Still not a Kings ransom as you say, but not the cheapest any more, so they can no longer state they are the lowest cost broadband provider.

The price in total even for fibre is still in line with the cheaper providers, and still below BT and Sky.
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's affecting all customers on all packages however the launch of the unlimited mobile SIM for £12 is a steal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carguy143 wrote: »
    It's affecting all customers on all packages however the launch of the unlimited mobile SIM for £12 is a steal.

Sounds too good to be honest, what if lots of people used over a couple of gig or more per month and talked for hours, would Talk Talk be able to cope with the cost? also if someone got unlimited calls on their mobile, then surly Talk Talk will lose money from home phone usage.

There are a a few providers who have now cut their limits or raised prices on mobile packages.
    Also what network is Talk talk using?

I tend not to put all my eggs in one basket, I do not really like having my line rental with the same provider, I know I have with plusnet, but it was the quickest way at the time and cheapest.

But yes I do agree with you, that if the quality of the network is good, then the sim deal is pretty good.
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds too good to be honest, what if lots of people used over a couple of gig or more per month and talked for hours, would Talk Talk be able to cope with the cost? also if someone got unlimited calls on their mobile, then surly Talk Talk will lose money from home phone usage.

There are a a few providers who have now cut their limits or raised prices on mobile packages.
    Also what network is Talk talk using?

I tend not to put all my eggs in one basket, I do not really like having my line rental with the same provider, I know I have with plusnet, but it was the quickest way at the time and cheapest.

But yes I do agree with you, that if the quality of the network is good, then the sim deal is pretty good.

Currently Vodafone, soon to be o2. I'm sure Talktalk are hoping their venture in to mobile will negate any losses from people using home phones less. It'll be interesting to see how they handle heavy data users.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carguy143 wrote: »
    Currently Vodafone, soon to be o2. I'm sure Talktalk are hoping their venture in to mobile will negate any losses from people using home phones less. It'll be interesting to see how they handle heavy data users.

O2 is going to three not Vodafone, unless I got what you meant wrong.

Talk Talk have been into Mobile for a while, My friend gets email form them now and again asking her about Mobile or their TV.
    This new package is just to try and undercut other providers, but as I said, unlimited Data packages are getting less unless you pay a small fortune.

It will be interesting to see how they handle heavy data, because Vodafone can not flipping handle it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O2 is going to three not Vodafone, unless I got what you meant wrong.

TalkTalk currently piggyback on nthe Vodafone network, soon that will be changing to o2.
    This new package is just to try and undercut other providers,.

The cheek of them, trying to won customers, whatever next!;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TalkTalk currently piggyback on nthe Vodafone network, soon that will be changing to o2.
    Oh I see, O2 is worse than vodafone here and when they get taken over by Three they will no doubt lose 2G. I was going to go for three and even tried a PAYG sim to see what it was like, but with out 2G i lost signal a fair bit for voice.
    Three 3G signal is pretty naff around here.
    The cheek of them, trying to won customers, whatever next!;-)

I did not mean it that way, i know they undercut and that is business, but can they afford to keep the service up and running at those costs? If they can, then why don't the main networks do the same thing?
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,417
    Forum Member
    If someone is in a situation where they can't afford £1.50 a month then they clearly have much bigger issues they need to address before worrying about broadband.
  • jthspacejthspace Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I live less than 100 metres from the exchange and pay £3.50 a month for 20 meg connection, unlimited, with Talk Talk. Even at £5 when they put up the price for existing customers, it wont be worth changing. Faultless service since day 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    s2k wrote: »
    If someone is in a situation where they can't afford £1.50 a month then they clearly have much bigger issues they need to address before worrying about broadband.

Yep, I suppose you are right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jthspace wrote: »
    I live less than 100 metres from the exchange and pay £3.50 a month for 20 meg connection, unlimited, with Talk Talk. Even at £5 when they put up the price for existing customers, it wont be worth changing. Faultless service since day 1.

It would be nice to be that close to the exchange and have that sort of speed on ADSL,
    Forum Member
    It would be nice to be that close to the exchange and have that sort of speed on ADSL,

Yep, very lucky. I probably would have gone with Sky by choice, but they are not in the exchange so could not get anywhere near the price. BT wanted a 12 month contract. TT is a rolling contract, so not tied into a long period.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jthspace wrote: »
    Yep, very lucky. I probably would have gone with Sky by choice, but they are not in the exchange so could not get anywhere near the price. BT wanted a 12 month contract. TT is a rolling contract, so not tied into a long period.

I did not really want to leave my last provider, but they had a few problems that need sorting out, I may go back after my contract with plusnet have ended.

If ADSL was faster I think I may still have gone with plusnet or one of the smaller providers. Not really a lot of choice around to be honest. Too many large providers now pushing out the smaller ones.

At the moment, price is also important to me, at least until I get back to work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Are we free to leave due to this price increase?

As a new customer having only been with TalkTalk a month, a price increase already by £1.50 a month isnt a great start for me, so do we have the 30 day to leave for free as usually given for such increases?

Thanks in advance for anyone that knows the answer
    Forum Member
    As far as I can make out, the new price is for new customers. You are an existing customer and therefore they will write to you (and me) when they decide to pass on the increase to existing customers. I believe they will have to offer the chance of cancelling, but you should read the contract you got to see if it mentions anything.

If and when they pass on the increase, I will not be leaving. For what I pay and for what I get, then this, to me, is still a good deal.

Jeff
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll not leave if the price rise is passed on, the total package is still fantastic value for money and is a rock solid connection. I pay extra for some 'boosts' but they cover all my international calls (typically several hours a month) and all my landline to mobile calls.

The internet in real terms is cheaper now than ever before
    http://www.measuringworth.com/ppoweruk/
    My first dial up costs years ago work out at around £80 in today's money which is a lot more than I pay today. Back then it took hours to get anything done, these days the net is slick and fast.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reece1605 wrote: »
    Are we free to leave due to this price increase?

As a new customer having only been with TalkTalk a month, a price increase already by £1.50 a month isnt a great start for me, so do we have the 30 day to leave for free as usually given for such increases?

Thanks in advance for anyone that knows the answer

Not sure to be honest, but if the service is ok is it worth leaving for £1.50 a month? Most providers are more or less the same price apart from BT and Sky who are more expensive on FTTC anyway.

Ok you may get a better deal from another provider for a few months, but after that the price goes back to normal.