white people are the minority.

Comments

• meechameecha Posts: 2,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because I married one of your gorgeous men. Why does it matter to you? I'm from a place that many Brits consider much better than Britain in which to live.

Just curious - seems strange that you didn't both decide to settle in the 'better' country!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    British Border sign:

"Please die somewhere else" :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Magwash wrote: »
    You asked the same question 3 minutes apart. What are you? A hyperactive toddler?

Haven't you seen Paxman in action? As a trained journalist, I was taught that when you make a claim, you gotta back it up. Again, care to point out what these generous benefits are?
  • MagwashMagwash Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    What does"taking people in" have to do with those that were born here?

Because you can only fit so many people into one very small country.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meecha wrote: »
    Just curious - seems strange that you didn't both decide to settle in the 'better' country!

Comprehension isn't your strong suit is it? She said 'many Brits', not herself necessarily.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What bloody difference does it make to you? What the f**k are you trying to insinuate?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    What does"taking people in" have to do with those that were born here?

Well it isn't completely unrelated is it! Their parents or grandparents were 'taken in' - and if they had not - then they would not have been born here!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't you seen Paxman in action? As a trained journalist, I was taught that when you make a claim, you gotta back it up. Again, care to point out what these generous benefits are?

I haven't "gotta" do anything. :rolleyes:
  • KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or it could be the racists or people against any immigration conveniently forget? :mad:

No doubt there's one or two of those, but I'm pretty convinced most people are utterly unaware that their chances of survival (or that of their parents/grandparents, and therefore their existence) would have been much, much slimmer without immigration.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Becase ya Breetz dant speek da lingo :confused:

Sadly my gf is atrocious at foreign languages, so I kinda had to settle for this little quaint island and their increasingly xenophobic hosts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Comprehension isn't your strong suit is it? She said 'many Brits', not herself necessarily.

Thanks. It also means that I came here for nothing other than the man I so very dearly love wanted me to come be with him.
  • TheDonkTheDonk Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doc Shmok wrote: »
    Could the right wing fraction please stop making a big deal out of my "whiteness". I didn't choose to be "white".:mad:

You sound like you're not happy being white, why's that then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheDonk wrote: »
    You sound like you're not happy being white, why's that then?

It's so pale.. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you please point out the generous benefits that immigrants come to Britain to claim? I asked that before.

If not for the improved economy - then why do you think so many immigrants choose Britain - I am interested to hear your reasons!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Magwash wrote: »
    I haven't "gotta" do anything. :rolleyes:

Roll your eyes all you want. Fact is, you spread nothing but lies about something you don't have a clue about. If you want to be taken seriously, you gotta tell the truth. However, the truth often has a liberal bias.
  • weateallthepiesweateallthepies Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KBBJ wrote: »
    Nope. It was on its knees in the 50s(?)/60s. If the UK hadn't expressly invited people from various parts of the Commonwealth over to take jobs, you'd be working in the private sector because we wouldn't have an NHS.

It staggers me how few people know this.

Ironically it was Enoch Powell that oversaw it as health minister before he want all nutbags.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Why is skin colour a determination of nationality? Britain is just as much the country of a black national as it is that of a white national.

Demographically Britain is a majority white country, not that it should even matter. It's not a case of 'them and us', it's all 'us', we. Primal tribalism it may be, but we're all human beings not matter what amount of melanin we each possess.

I am an immigrant, my mama and papa are immigrants. I know a lot of immigrants, and i can say that the Daily Mail scare-stories of the 'immigrants are spongers' where they pull out cases of immigrants 'living in luxury' do not represent the majority, they are anomalies. Oh, but then i forget, we either sponge off you or steal your jobs (nevermind that we pay tax and contribute to the overall economy)! Of course :rolleyes:
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it isn't completely unrelated is it! Their parents or grandparents were 'taken in' - and if they had not - then they would not have been born here!

Neither would I or a lot of white British people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If not for the improved economy - then why do you think so many immigrants choose Britain - I am interested to hear your reasons!

Love. The weather. You guys make better fish and chips? I don't know and I don't care. I could've made a lot more money in the USA doing the same job I do here. I don't care about economic migrants-- good on them. Plenty of your lot go abroad for financial reasons as well.
  • KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ironically it was Enoch Powell that oversaw it as health minister before he want all nutbags.

Very true. Wonder if he went private after his marbles went?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roll your eyes all you want. Fact is, you spread nothing but lies about something you don't have a clue about. If you want to be taken seriously, you gotta tell the truth. However, the truth often has a liberal bias.

Again, I haven't "gotta" do anything. And who are you to tell me what I have a clue about? Just because you think that because you lowered yourself to honour us with your presence, that I can't have a opinion about my own country.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doc Shmok wrote: »
    Becase ya Breetz dant speek da lingo :confused:

Sadly my gf is atrocious at foreign languages, so I kinda had to settle for this little quaint island and their increasingly xenophobic hosts.

So what country is this Shangri-La that you come from in then?
    I might want to go there if it is so much better than here.
  • BarbellaBarbella Posts: 5,417
    Forum Member
    I know what you are saying but that is mostly not often the case. Virtually nearly every black/white couples that have children look black. e.g. Barack Obama.

A white person with a half black person will still look a little darker than a white european in most cases to the point where they look arabish, though not all the time, some can look very white.

Who said it was a 'fear'.:confused:

It' s taken from a Public Enemey song that references the white's 'fear' that because of 'interbreeding' the planet will , one day, be all black.

The fact is that this isn't true, and genetically speaking it is no more likely to be all black than all white.

In terms of genetics parents who were 3/4 balck and 1/4 could still have a child with white skin - its just how the genetic dice land ( if you know what I mean).

The bottom line is that genetics/environement/ evolution are complex and not a simple case of 'black or white,' or of any other colour variation inbetween.

The fear of 'interacial breeding' then, is a political tool used by racists of any skin coulour to incite those who feel insecure because of a perceived threat to their ethnic identity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dirty roads, ugly towns, sh|t weather, nothing runs on time, primitive heating, ancient form of government, only superficially friendly natives. The advantages are countless indeed. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    So what country is this Shangri-La that you come from in then?
    I might want to go there if it is so much better than here.

Germany. ;)
This discussion has been closed.