Options

Birds of a Feather returns on January 2nd

1293031323335»

Comments

• Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was hoping for an episode where the bloke who owned the money Sharon found in the loft earlier in the series came back for it. Hopefully we'll have that next series!
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see Dorien buy the house next door again for the next series, and have a mysterious partner who we never see :)
    Now that would be something!
    As others have said, not the best episode but still enjoyable, and the whole series has been delightful to see, so I'm also pleased to see that there's another series to come. If there's one slight moan I have it's Linda's acting skills/delivery of lines; personally I think it's not that great, but it doesn't put me off the programme. :)
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed the episode - and such a warm show at its heart. So glad it will be back next year.

Interesting that Garth's Aussie girlfriend and the kid were almost dropped entirely for the last few episodes - and Garth only made very fleeting visits (which served little purpose in the story arc).

Maybe the writers found out they were superfluous - and didn't work.

The three girls and Travis work perfectly fine - just like it used to be with Garthy in the old days.
  • Options
    Busy_LizzieBusy_Lizzie Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I found this whole series very entertaining with some very witty and laugh out loud moments. Well done!
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,224
    Forum Member
    I don't expect that anyone here is old enough to recognise the old girl playing Judy Cornwell's sister.
    Her name is Judith Barker, and she played Ken Barlow's second wife Janet in Corrie, who ended up committing suicide.
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    I don't expect that anyone here is old enough to recognise the old girl playing Judy Cornwell's sister.
    Her name is Judith Barker, and she played Ken Barlow's second wife Janet in Corrie, who ended up committing suicide.

Oh my goodness yes! Blast from the past there. I remember she was in Waterloo Road a few years back.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't miss one episode until the last :( I've caught up now. :) Nice to see the girls back and nothing's been lost as they were all as entertaining as ever. I enjoyed the ending this week and agree with the poster's suggestion that Dorian should buy the house next door.

Good it's been a success and there will be more episodes to come.
  • Options
    eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    It's Daisy! But no Onslow!

Sadly he died in real life. He was great in Corrie and The Royle Family.

Anyone remember Daisy in Moody and Peg?
  • Options
    Eddie_RabbittEddie_Rabbitt Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the episode - and such a warm show at its heart. So glad it will be back next year.

Interesting that Garth's Aussie girlfriend and the kid were almost dropped entirely for the last few episodes - and Garth only made very fleeting visits (which served little purpose in the story arc).

Maybe the writers found out they were superfluous - and didn't work.

The three girls and Travis work perfectly fine - just like it used to be with Garthy in the old days.

While that may be true Wouldn't Matt have been filming his EastEnders role at a similar time an that could be a reason why he didnt feature much in the final few episode ?
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I thoroughly enjoyed this series and am thrilled that ITV have given them another series. I'm not surprised that the last episode had a slight dip in ratings. I completely forgot about the episode as well and remembered after reading the ratings page on Digital Spy.

The last episode was brilliant. The great thing about BOAF is that even though the girls bitch and snipe, there's a bond there that simply cannot be broken. They're family and I hope there will be loads more series to come.
  • Options
    Fish_and_ChipsFish_and_Chips Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The great thing about BOAF is that even though the girls bitch and snipe, there's a bond there that simply cannot be broken. They're family and I hope there will be loads more series to come.
    So it can become even more tired with its jokes and storylines?
    It's nowwhere near as good as it was when it was first broadcast all those years ago, it was a very original comedy back in the day but its time to move on and have something fresh.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    While that may be true Wouldn't Matt have been filming his EastEnders role at a similar time an that could be a reason why he didnt feature much in the final few episode ?

Possibly but the Aussie girlfriend and the daughter were dropped entirely - were they even in the last 4 episodes while being prominent early on.

Nothing against Matt Willis - but they aren't needed. They should bring that elderly sister couple back before they bring back Garthy!
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I found this series very good but strange how the layout of it worked.

They had the first episode setting up the series, then it was resolved in the last one, then 6 episodes in between that were just one off story episodes, seems like they went for a character arc but nothing really related to the first episode happened, the story kind of got abandoned after a couple of episodes, then it seemed to get really good with individual episodes and then it was back for the final one.

I guess it was to give the series a structure but I just don't know if it really needed it because tonight's episode didn't really have much of a pay off, Dorien sorted her problems out really easily & by now I'd forgotten her situation really. Just not sure it was really needed, think I'd of liked more one off stories.

But all in all it was consistently amusing and deserves another run so well done everyone.

In real life though being sued to going to court does not usually happen too quick, So in that sense it worked for me. If Dorien was sued and cleared in one episode that would not be realistic
  • Options
    Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eye3 wrote: »
    Sadly he died in real life. He was great in Corrie and The Royle Family.

Anyone remember Daisy in Moody and Peg?

Yes, I do - Judy was quite dishy in those days.