Options

The ENRIQUE IGLESIAS Appreciation Thread!

StubeStube Posts: 16,833
Forum Member
✭✭
Well I feel weird starting all these threads of appreciation but how can he not have one yet? :eek:

I've been a fan since Hero and Addicted but I've became a HUGE fan recently. Not just his music, but his lovely down-to-earth personality (showcased on Alan Carr).

'I Like It' is doing well currently in the UK charts (#2 on iTunes without Radio 1 support and currently #4 in the midweeks).

'Euphoria' is out July 5th apparently - his first bilingual album! :D

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #3 in the midweeks with 'I Like It' now!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo! Hope he gets number 1 or 2.

Hero is one of my favourite songs ever. He has the sexiest voice, and the sexiest everything ;), plus I love his music and him. So definitely belong in the appreciation thread :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snoopy10 wrote: »
    Woo! Hope he gets number 1 or 2.

Hero is one of my favourite songs ever. He has the sexiest voice, and the sexiest everything ;), plus I love his music and him. So definitely belong in the appreciation thread :D

Yeah he's just fallen to #3 on iTunes. :cry: I want him to get his first #2!

Btw, great post and you have a great taste in music, vocals and everything. ;):p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enrique is at #13 with 'Heartbeat'. Really didn't think it'd do this well. It's also #8 on UK iTunes!

'Dirty Dancer' next please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »

'Dirty Dancer' next please.

Yes Dirty Dancer is such a tune!

Heartbreaker is awesome aswell and should get a single release
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    i think heartbeat has done well due to nicoles x factor publicity tbh :) its a crap song lmao
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    i think heartbeat has done well due to nicoles x factor publicity tbh :) its a crap song lmao

This is an appreciation thread, you know?

And that statement is b******s. It was climbing rapidly way before Nicole was on XF.

And Yeah I agree Lost-boy. 'Heartbeat' is proving me wrong though. I thought it was pretty lacklustre to begin with but it clearly is hit material. Like a '3 Words' 2.0.
  • Options
    labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Enrique! Euphoria surprised me as an album, it took me a few listens to get into it. Heartbeat is a really good song IMO. Definitely want Dirty Dancer next!
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I think Heartbeat will definitely go to number one. It's a very catchy tune and the pairing of the two best-looking people in popular music is ingenious. How could it possibly fail?
  • Options
    malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone see him singing 'Heartbeat' with Nicole on the Paul O'Grady Show recently? OMG he really is sex on legs. Not only that but he's a lovely guy with a great sense of humour. I hope that song gets to no. 1, it deserves to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Love Heatbeat atm!

The song is melodic and hypnotising, with a beat pattern that is barely indistinguishable from a heartbeat, and being the eternal optimist I'll put this down to good production as opposed to coincidence. The track represents all the Iglesias is renowned for, the classic smooth ballad, to which his tender vocals fit like a match made in heaven.

Read the full review by searching for icespicevice on blogger.com!

In Love and Light,

xxVxx
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Not a big fan, but loving Heartbeat at the moment.

He's very easy on the eye too. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enrique is at #8 in the midweeks with 'Heartbeat'.

#6 on iTunes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx2yQejrrUE

Tonight (I'm Lovin' You) is the newest single from Enrique, featuring Ludacris. It's absolutely amazing, and I just thought I'd post in this thread, seeing as there's a few people who might appreciate it ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I have been forced to go and seem him in March - I think - with a friend who I forced to come and see M.I.A. with me :p At least he's attractive otherwise I'd think I'd have to kill myself :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can anyone be forced to see Enrique? He has universal admiration, I'm sure ;)
    I've heard he's good live too, I wish I could go :p wanna give me your ticket? ;)
    I'dve loved to see MIA though! She any good?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enrique will be on American Idol within the next hour on ITV2 singing 'Dirty Dancer' presumably. :D