Options

secret millionaire

zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
Forum Member
✭✭
what are your views on this programme, mine are that it is staged, and everyone knows who they are, how can a stranger go into a strange town/city and get involved with young people on the streets without being abused and threatened, i have seen nothing on any of the programes.of any kind of abuse
:eek:

Comments

• Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's staged.
    I work for a charity in a deprived area and we often get random people phoning up wanting to volunteer. Unfortunately none have turned out to be the Secret Millionaire!:D
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    I work for a charity in a deprived area and we often get random people phoning up wanting to volunteer. Unfortunately none have turned out to be the Secret Millionaire!:D

i was more thinking of strangers asking youths questions on street corners,esp in gangs and on drugs.:mad:
  • Options
    nightporternightporter Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps you shouldn't believe everything you read in papers. Its still safe to outside sometimes you know.
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would think parts of it are 'staged', well, to the extent that the producers will probably give the 'millionaire' directions on which charities to approach, where voluntary work is availble, which papers to read and find suitable projects to get involved in ... but i do think the 'involvement' itself will have been genuine and I'm sure the 'millionaire' will choose themselves which charities to 'work' for and which they give money to..
  • Options
    mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »

A big clue must be a film crew following them!