Options

Local TV ch107

SkyPlatinumSkyPlatinum Posts: 871
Forum Member
✭✭
Ok. So I live in colchester, Essex which is not one of the areas that is due to get a local tv station. Our nearest stations would be London, we are 38 miles from the nearest london borough or Norwich which is 60 miles north. Will we get a station on 107, will it be London as a default. Strange thing is although we are closer to london. Anglia is our default 103 station. Here's really hoping we don't get the Norwich station on 107. Anybody know?

Comments

• Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firstly the local channels (where broadcast on satellite) will be on 117 and NOT 107. Secondly it appears that Norwich will only be on Freeview and NOT satellite - according to the lists in the initial posts of this weekly thread - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1912170
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firstly the local channels (where broadcast on satellite) will be on 117 and NOT 107. Secondly it appears that Norwich will only be on Freeview and NOT satellite - according to the lists in the initial posts of this weekly thread - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1912170

Thanks for that but it wasn't the question I asked? I asked in areas where there is no local tv will they receive any channels on sky 117??
  • Options
    THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that but it wasn't the question I asked? I asked in areas where there is no local tv will they receive any channels on sky 117??
    Probably not. The Local TV channels that are broadcast on Sky in certain areas on the EPG, will probably be able to be tuned in manually on Sky off the EPG for those areas that don't receave the channels.
    Ian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Ian
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking that the local london service may be the default channel for any areas that don't have a specific local channel. Especially in rh South East of England many people who don't live in London work it in. I would say in Colchester, at least 50 percent work in London. And would have an interest in receiving the service
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Estuary TV has a bigger area to cover than the former Channel 7 had which was all about Grimsby and Immingham areas but in it's new format it can pull in (perhaps) more advertising. But the area it covers is laid down and has no default areas. If you live between two or more areas that have a locall tv you may well get none of them unless your area is up for grabs and there is the interest in starting a local station. Most Local TV stations will run on a very tight budget with almost no cash at first to even pay for the all the staff so the chance being on Sky is very remote apart the big city areas. Consider who will advertise and that will show you how much the station can cover.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THOMO wrote: »
    Probably not. The Local TV channels that are broadcast on Sky in certain areas on the EPG, will probably be able to be tuned in manually on Sky off the EPG for those areas that don't receave the channels.
    /QUOTE]

I would also imagine this will be the case, BBC London 94.9 appears on the radio epg only in the London area but you can tune it in via 'other channels' from anywhere in the country AFAIK.