It has been confirmed. Live feed axed. (Part 12)

Comments

• oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    The production team were first class idiots in bb 9, didn't know what the hell they were doing in the end and really it felt that they were producing TOWIE instead with how Rachel rice was treated, the men and women had an agenda stashed in their attic and acted on it. Was pleased that they didn't get it their way. We as voters felt like we got a slap in the face by em if it makes sense as they didn't show any good bits about Rachel. >:(

Shows that they couldn't care less about the viewers, all about bleeding the consumers to watch and making money. Shows they were greedy as I think their chosen one was luke marsden and he didn't make it to the end. We gave a message of it's not your show it's ours. Some of luke marsdens good edits were scandalous really. >:(

Think they have almost got into a routine of not telling the full story oathy, only bits to suit their lazy agenda and it makes me sick it really does when their attitude is an over business like one. >:(

the very latest is

"Still being talked about", Which I take is a firm no. Soon in March we knew from the C4 days it takes months to sort this out, Unless there's a proper commitment soon no word almost certainly means no

I agree totally btw it suits everyone (that side) now all the material is contained and they can share what they like the real danger is them assuming a summer series can someone carry on like this. Last year should never be forgotten its complete failure was terrible HM's and a viewership that was seeing so little loads just didn't care
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    the very latest is

"Still being talked about", Which I take is a firm no. Soon in March we knew from the C4 days it takes months to sort this out, Unless there's a proper commitment soon no word almost certainly means no

I agree totally btw it suits everyone (that side) now all the material is contained and they can share what they like the real danger is them assuming a summer series can someone carry on like this. Last year should never be forgotten its complete failure was terrible HM's and a viewership that was seeing so little loads just didn't care

Not sure what there is left to talk about lol C5 have been anti-LF right from the start don't expect any change with the new owners for the future series. The fact they've never been tempted to even try a 24/7 or at least a few hours a day (not 30mins less ads after BOTS) says it all imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    Not sure what there is left to talk about lol C5 have been anti-LF right from the start don't expect any change with the new owners for the future series. The fact they've never been tempted to even try a 24/7 or at least a few hours a day (not 30mins less ads after BOTS) says it all imo.

Hey barra x
    Agree its either going to happen or it wont.
    its great they got back to be on the issue (I didnt expect it tbh) after the last communictions. Sadly by the looks of the direction for the summer series they are wanting more Z3listers. Daily mail one stories that people might have heard about.

Its just so frustrating because they now clearly have the means to provide a feed
  • Leathertrouser2Leathertrouser2 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Hey barra x
    its great they got back to be on the issue (I didnt expect it tbh) after the last communictions. Sadly by the looks of the direction for the summer series they are wanting more Z3listers. Daily mail one stories that people might have heard about.

Its just so frustrating because they now clearly have the means to provide a feed

I note you say "it's great they're back on the issue". Have Channel 5/Endemol/Viacom released a statement or news on it? Also you mention the direction. Again have one of the above companies mentioned this as I have seen nothing about Big Brother 2015 so far this year.
    Forum Member
    Come on Oathy, you're normally on the ball with questions asked. If it involves live feed I am always keen to hear it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey barra x

Maybe DSBB should crowd source the live feed and in fact the entire show? Everyone could chip in what they could afford and then we could get funding from elsewhere to return the show back to its roots. It would be great to have that independence. Get Endemol to bid to produce the show and look around for other talented production companies. That would be a dream come true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nitpikkin2 wrote: »
    Maybe DSBB should crowd source the live feed and in fact the entire show? Everyone could chip in what they could afford and then we could get funding from elsewhere to return the show back to its roots. It would be great to have that independence. Get Endemol to bid to produce the show and look around for other talented production companies. That would be a dream come true.

The Entire thing is just a shambles really.
    they are using the basis BB11 "made a loss". but not being included within that
    Channel 4 couldn't make any profit so they guesstimated the figure and sadly it was wrong. Done correctly this could make money
    Forum Member
    So are you still having contact OATHY with some of these people in the know? What's the general consensus this year? We all know Einstein's theory on repeating things with the same results, surely Channel 5 don't want the same as last year. If nothing else, just the negativity of it and embarrassment that clearly come with it.
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    The Entire thing is just a shambles really.
    they are using the basis BB11 "made a loss". but not being included within that
    Channel 4 couldn't make any profit so they guesstimated the figure and sadly it was wrong. Done correctly this could make money

Ofcom are just as much in it, people complain to em about a big brother issue and the confidence of live feed being televised isn't as much. Ofcom aren't actually very helpful where big brother is concerned anyway and I think if their not careful ratings could plummet and the profit through phone vote won't be substantial enough to maintain live feed on. :(

What big brother need are more competent executive producers who have purpose and intent. Dennis O'connor, susy price and Kate manley seem like they don't have a clue, nor do they have any passion either. The sooner those three executive producers are gone the better. Baffles me why nick samwell - smith has so much confidence in the muppets, if I was in his position I'd lose patience and fire them. :p

Also the general management of big brother need to grow up as well and take our criticisms and concerns on board rather than getting ratty with us all the time because they realise their in the wrong. About time they put the audience first before themselves. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the rumours of a May Launch
    and a "shorter than normal" run looks like instead of actually changing the format they are going to keep the same and just make it shorter instead of another year it flopping and the prospect of pulling it.

Why bother redoing the house for a much shorter run?
    Why has the CBB been getting all the love and attention when the summer series just needed some serious attention

No word from Viacom

All in all doesn't bode well but totally not surprised the wall of silence raised up again and whenever that happens its never good.
  • livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    and a "shorter than normal" run looks like instead of actually changing the format they are going to keep the same and just make it shorter instead of another year it flopping and the prospect of pulling it.

Why has the CBB been getting all the love and attention when the summer series just needed some serious attention

No word from Viacom

All in all doesn't bode well but totally not surprised the wall of silence raised up again and whenever that happens its never good.

i think they just got lucky with the cbb series ,no great masterplan afoot there
    they are still lumbered with the 'normal' series which they have no answers for

it's probably a good idea from their point of view to make the run shorter by a few weeks
    as for making changes to the format , is there a format to change ,as far as i can see ,basically anything goes ,the big brother rule book is full of blank pages these days
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All they need to do is to stick live cameras on a website, Its not that hard. Excuses means no viewers as if you watched to watch TOWIE. You would tune into ITVBe.
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No word from Viacom

I hope the rumours of a shorter run starting in May, are just that rumours or else it will really seem that they are trying to kill off the regular BB! >:(
  • happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    im all for a shorter BB but its this messing around and lack of communication that is pissing us off.why keep dangling the carrot for the donkey if there is no intention of feeding it.
    They must know by now what the plans are for the next series surely so why not just tell us the truth.
    Forum Member
    happybbfan wrote: »
    im all for a shorter BB but its this messing around and lack of communication that is pissing us off.why keep dangling the carrot for the donkey if there is no intention of feeding it.
    They must know by now what the plans are for the next series surely so why not just tell us the truth.

no carrot for the donkey this summer just more big brother slop
    i don't think that they'll ever say anything publicly that adds weight to the suggestion that their version has always been a poor imitation of the original
  • StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My take on the live feed

Really loved the earlier BB's , cause of the ability to watch live

You are going to put a bunch of people into a house, and see how they react
    You need to be able to watch freely

If i want to watch a hamster running around the cage, i'm not just forced to watch the edited highlights

Edited highlights only, presents the opportunity to only show some things, obviously some things would need to be cut

When the live feed was cut, my interest in BB waned
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    I hope the rumours of a shorter run starting in May, are just that rumours or else it will really seem that they are trying to kill off the regular BB! >:(

it would make sense.
    they were clearly unhappy with the performance last summer and instead of fixing the problems they seem to think just reducing the show in length and doing the same again is the answer.

If that is the case Why are they even bothering redoing the house
    why did the bother with HD Cameras when you only see 45 minutes a day,
    Not sure if that's still the case but remember Media Guardian reporting Endemol said the deal was for CBB and BB they weren't willing to axe the summer series.

Given the poor performance last year is this the deal? normal BB remains but on the shorted run,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My take on the live feed

Really loved the earlier BB's , cause of the ability to watch live

You are going to put a bunch of people into a house, and see how they react
    You need to be able to watch freely

If i want to watch a hamster running around the cage, i'm not just forced to watch the edited highlights

Edited highlights only, presents the opportunity to only show some things, obviously some things would need to be cut

When the live feed was cut, my interest in BB waned

Feel 100% the same way and its by no means scientific or even what the true picture might be but lost count how many people said the same thing.

The biggest mistake Channel 5/Viacom will do is not try and get a feed going for the summer and more fool endemol for allowing this. ITs been tried for a number of years and the one year they provided some feed the performance in the show was noticeable
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    BB websites have apparently been told that the series is definitely not shorter than usual, and they've actually talked about an 80-101 day series.
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    BB websites have apparently been told that the series is definitely not shorter than usual, and they've actually talked about an 80-101 day series.

Thanks. :D
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Know it sounds like a cut but I actually prefer 50 day series with 24/7 live feed then 101 days without live feed.
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Rumors are apparently false - the series will launch in early May and end mid-July, just the same amount of time as their normal civilians (60-70 days) but it's launching a month earlier to provide a gap between the final of the civilian show and the beginning of the celebrity one.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Big Brother Canada begins tonight and has a free live feed that we in the UK can watch if we have a VPN. Just thought i'd let anyone who is interested know :p We discuss the show in the 'Big Brother International' forum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No live feed for summer series.
    Huge mistake but hardly surprising just glad we know now,
    Forum Member
    so viacom want to change the perception of channel 5
    they persist with a watered down version of a channel 4 show
    this is supposedly their flagship show