Options

Well played Mr Moffat.

stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They're into the ninth week of shooting on Series 5/1/31 now and so far have only shot in full public view three times*, a far, far lower amount than in any previous year.

"No spoilers," indeed.

*And one of those was on a roof where all that could be seen were people's heads (and a dome).

Comments

• Options
    ducturductur Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmmm.... secrecy....

Could this be because Matt Smith is not the next Doctor ?
    Remember, you read it here first... lol

D
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ductur wrote: »
    Hmmmm.... secrecy....

D

And I ridiculed and disbelieved it first. :p;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cue a lot of CGI studio shots then?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cue a lot of CGI studio shots then?:rolleyes:

Oh no, they've been doing as much location shooting as always, it's just been in places with no public access.

Which is a hopeful sign for less episodes of running round the streets of Cardiff as London.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stcoop wrote: »
    They're into the ninth week of shooting on Series 5/1/31 now and so far have only shot in full public view three times*, a far, far lower amount than in any previous year.

"No spoilers," indeed.

*And one of those was on a roof where all that could be seen were people's heads (and a dome).

Yes , the Gal'y Base Set Reports sections is looking a bit more sparse than usual. What they have got so far has been good to see
    Especially Alex Kingston back along with Bill Paterson and a Dalek
    but it seems the Moff has one up on the sneaky devils for now:)
  • Options
    ducturductur Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    And I ridiculed and disbelieved it first. :p;)

You should read the other thread... lol. I said I didn't believe it, I only said I hoped it was true. Try to keep up.

:D:D:D D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is obssessed with no spoilers....so I'm not too suprised that Moff has managed to keep things so low....well done to him....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have only heard / seen 2 spoliers at all and one is an archaeologist returning and the other is that dome on the roof, and I am chomping at the bit now.

Can't wait for either TWOM or SJA and both! we are down to days away now though no?
  • Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    ductur wrote: »
    Hmmmm.... secrecy....

Even if that were the case (and I know you're not serious) it would only mean we're lacking in spoilers showing the real next Doctor shooting hither and yon. :D
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    He is obssessed with no spoilers....so I'm not too suprised that Moff has managed to keep things so low....well done to him....

Course it could just be a coincidence that thus far much of the shooting has taken place out of the public eye...time will tell though!:)
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd assume the PR people are not wanting to put the cart before the horse and do too much with Smith until Tennant goes. Methinks after this happens we'll have much more information.
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoping for lack of spoilers. I'm a bit bored with the upcoming Tennant finale already, as I feel I know so much about it.
    Wilf companion
    June Whitfield as Minnie Hooper
    Barry from Hi de Hi
    Claire Bloom
    Filming in a church
    Timothy Dalton as (maybe) Rassilon, or a Time Lord, or summat
    Time Lords
    Rose (yawn)
    Donna (doesn't her head fall off if she meets the Doctor? ... but she may not meet him, of course)
    Sylvia
    Maybe Captain Jack (again)
    Maybe Rose's family (again)
    A Dalek (yawn)
    SJ may crop up, but it's more likely to be the Dr in the SJ series
    Lots of Time War stuff
    Doctor dreaming / living an alternate life, etc
    Nurse Redfern back

And all of that is without me even trying to know anything. It've just typed stuff down off the top of me head, without really thinking or trying to remember other stuff.

Coverage seems constant. Interviews, photos, titbits, set reports, rumours and gossip.

I know fairly little about Waters of Mars, but have seen pics of the baddies/monsters. Would like to be ignorant.

Nice to have mystery around the Eleventh Doctor and Amy. I have heard a vague mutter that
    Amy is Scottish
    , but don't know if that's true or not. It would be so nice to arrive at the next series with some surprises left.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We know so little about Waters of Mars (compared with usual episodes) because it was all shot in the studio (maybe there was a quarry shoot too, I can't remember).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We know so little about Waters of Mars (compared with usual episodes) because it was all shot in the studio (maybe there was a quarry shoot too, I can't remember).

The ending
    Scene in TARDIS where 10 realizes all the Timelords are back

Has been reported for months (assuming that's it).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah, forgot to add to the list, above:
    The Master (double-yawn)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, forgot to add to the list, above:
    The Master (double-yawn)

Oh come on, it's not like there wasn't a plot set up there that needs to be resolved. That damn never ending drum beat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping to see if last post shows up. Edit: it did.
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    Wilf companion
    June Whitfield as Minnie Hooper
    Barry from Hi de Hi
    Claire Bloom
    Filming in a church
    Timothy Dalton as (maybe) Rassilon, or a Time Lord, or summat
    Time Lords
    Rose (yawn)
    Donna (doesn't her head fall off if she meets the Doctor? ... but she may not meet him, of course)
    Sylvia
    Maybe Captain Jack (again)
    Maybe Rose's family (again)
    A Dalek (yawn)
    SJ may crop up, but it's more likely to be the Dr in the SJ series
    Lots of Time War stuff
    Doctor dreaming / living an alternate life, etc
    Nurse Redfern back

To be fair we already know quite a lot about Series 5 too.
    Return of River Song
    Daleks are back and posing as harmless machines
    I'm Winston Churchill *shakes arse like Peter Griffin :D
    Crash of the Bysantine
    New Look Tardis
    Leaked sound clips

And this is on top of more basic stuff like the Doctor's costume and the companion etc.
    AND it's still quite early in the production process too, so who knows what else may leak.

I just think with a TV show as madly popular as Dr Who then it's going to be nigh on impossible to keep secrets.
    I just hope Moffat is as good about releasing fake spoilers like the last era seemed to be good at. (Unless Harriett Jones is likely to turn up inside the Red Dalek or perhaps Davros will finally regenerate into Norman Lovett :p )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair we already know quite a lot about Series 5 too.
    Return of River Song
    Daleks are back and posing as harmless machines
    I'm Winston Churchill *shakes arse like Peter Griffin :D
    Crash of the Bysantine
    New Look Tardis
    Leaked sound clips

And this is on top of more basic stuff like the Doctor's costume and the companion etc.
    AND it's still quite early in the production process too, so who knows what else may leak.

I just think with a TV show as madly popular as Dr Who then it's going to be nigh on impossible to keep secrets.
    I just hope Moffat is as good about releasing fake spoilers like the last era seemed to be good at. (Unless Harriett Jones is likely to turn up inside the Red Dalek or perhaps Davros will finally regenerate into Norman Lovett :p )

Don't forget the Elephant sitting on McGanns Tardis:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elephant sitting on McGann's Tardis? I didn't know about that one. Surely that should have been put in spoiler tags? Were the Daleks using elephants in the time war? ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :(:confused:Paul Mcgann's what ax
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Course it could just be a coincidence that thus far much of the shooting has taken place out of the public eye...time will tell though!:)

Good point, plus the things we know more about the Finale and TWOM are since the filming finished and the publicity has started....so chances are when just before series 5 starts we will see more and more stuff...