Options

Martha Jones.

NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
Forum Member
✭✭
Is rather fantastic and my favourite companion out of the three from New Who. :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    I really like her too though having caught a few episodes of S3 recently on BBC3 the whole "he never notices me..." thing gets a bit repetitive. Up to the finale now however where she comes into her own a bit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, yes she is, and rather lovely to boot.
  • Options
    ZadielZadiel Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I thought Martha was a very caring, empathetic character whom was unfortunatly let down by her love for The Doctor and some very dodgy lines ('Doctor I'm bringing you back to earth'-being one).

Poor Martha never stood a chance after Rose, I think she would have faired better if Donna was after Rose and then Martha.

I think Donna's ballsyness (is that a word? and if so have I spelt it correctly:D) and platonic friendship would have been better for The Doctor after Rose.
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A shame Martha gets a bit overlooked. i rather liked her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I love Martha....not as much as Donna....but love her none the less...despite her crush, she still had guts to move on!!!!!!
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martha was a great character, dogged down only by some terrible lines she was given. I do however think sometimes her delivery let her down, but that's only my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :mad:Her delivery , is she a post woman hehehe no seriously she hadnt had much acting experience as much as Billie or Catherine or David so she came to it fresh , isnt the crush that annoyed me , we all have them and he is well fit
    its his treatment of her but in fairness she got mad with him in "Sound of Drums" she got real in the last one shown tonite at 7pm on BBc 3 and on my box set (series 3) Actually I thought the master despite his villian speeches was nicer to her than the dr who really had her as his slave sorry to be devils adovcate , she saved his life right more times than donna and Rose but got less respect than a mongrel axsorry to steam off at least Donna was her mate :sleep:
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was during Utopia that Martha finally understood what The Doctor was going through. I think at that point, Rose and Martha might have become friends. The Doctor in spite of how mean he was to her looked after her well I thought. A lot of how bad he treated her was down to the fact he'd lost so many people including his own kind. He lied to get over it, to help him pretend everything was okay.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, yes she is, and rather lovely to boot.

Freema is smoking hot.:)
    Generally liked her acting too on the whole. Just that one cringeworthy scene in the Sontaran story where her clone died , wasn't her best work.
  • Options
    ducturductur Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freema is smoking hot.:)
    Generally liked her acting too on the whole. Just that one cringeworthy scene in the Sontaran story where her clone died , wasn't her best work.

... and when her fishy friend croaked.... Oh, sorry, fish don't croak do they, that would be frogs... Wonder what fish do ?

D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Root for the underdog, and that's Martha!! She's fab.