Options

Assassin's Creed Rogue

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
Forum Member
http://www.totalxbox.com/80061/assassins-creed-rogue-confirmed-for-xbox-360-first-official-screens-and-details/

Looks very interesting especially if it does complete the Kenway family saga

Comments

• Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You spelt Rogue wrong.

From the concept it seems awesome, I just hope that there is never any ambiguity and your character is a Templar throughout the entire game and never goes back to the Assassin;s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rogue rouge auto correct sorry
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure I'm keen on another AC game where I have to sail ships. Slightly bored of it after spending two games doing it. Might just stick with Unity (which has no ships as far as I know).
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    Not sure I'm keen on another AC game where I have to sail ships. Slightly bored of it after spending two games doing it. Might just stick with Unity (which has no ships as far as I know).

God, I hope not. Let's just go back to a simpler time where we used horses to travel. Naval combat is played out.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    I have played all the Assassin's Creed games apart from Black Flag (wasn't really interested in the whole pirate, sailing ships thng!!).

Do you think I should play that before playing Rogue....?!
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this gets a PS4 remastered released.

I held off on Black Flag because I want to play the better version when I went next gen, now the sequel to that is last gen only.
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    I have played all the Assassin's Creed games apart from Black Flag (wasn't really interested in the whole pirate, sailing ships thng!!).

Do you think I should play that before playing Rogue....?!

It's a great game but it's not Assassin's Creed. The thing is, Ubsioft designed this instalment to give next-gen first time players an introduction into the mythology. Thus, the protagonist's mindset is reflective of the newbie - Edward Kenway is also introduced into this world. However, where the game falters is that Edward never actually
    becomes an Assassin during the game.
    In fact,
    at one point he's working alongside Templars to take down the Assassins so he can get his treasure.

The Brotherhood doesn't feel like a constant presence throughout or a pulling force. Edward is completely disconnected from the Assassins mentally and emotionally. The present day seems a bit aimless as well.

Sure Black Flag, has the same mechanics as any AC game but it's very much a pirate game at its core. I would recommend you play it just because it's very good but bear in mind this is a new direction for the franchise. If it's case of wanting to know what happens next the only thing you need to watch is the end cut scene with Juno and
    the Sage.
    Nothing really happens of significance here to advance the narrative.

Ubisoft could have made this an entirely separate game altogether and not used the AC title IMO.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely *loved* Black Flag.

Although I'm trying to stick to next gen games only, I'm tempted by Rogue. Still have my 360 sitting around...
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the boats don't play a prominent part in it.. was so difficult and got tedious at times
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    I hope the boats don't play a prominent part in it.. was so difficult and got tedious at times

It's ship based again, but sounds like they have included some new features this time
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the boat stuff. Do not give a hoot if it fits with what people think constitutes an AC or not. I really enjoyed the boat missions. I'll get this but probably not on day one.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wont be getting this. Dont think i'm getting any new old gen games any more.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wont be getting this. Dont think i'm getting any new old gen games any more.

I keep telling myself the same thing but as a big AC fan I think I'll get it... and it definitely will be my final last gen purchase ... unless they release any more AC games as last gen only. :-P
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep telling myself the same thing but as a big AC fan I think I'll get it... and it definitely will be my final last gen purchase ... unless they release any more AC games as last gen only. :-P

Thought I was done too. Then Gearbox announced Borderlands: TPS was going to be last gen only and now Ubi with AC: Rogue. Should be my final last gen purchase. You watch, something else will come out that I want.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    I loved the boat stuff. Do not give a hoot if it fits with what people think constitutes an AC or not. I really enjoyed the boat missions. I'll get this but probably not on day one.

This.

Rogue will be the third game that has used the naval aspect to some extent or other, so it's now a pretty crucial aspect of Assassin's Creed. Some people understandably won't have liked this particular direction for the series, but I've found it quite enjoyable and refreshing. Assassin's Creed 4 is one of my favourites in the series, perhaps helped by the sunny setting that made the game so vibrant (especially after the angsty AC3).

I'm hoping Rogue will make New York a bit more interesting than AC3 did. It was probably the dullest setting of a dull selection in that game. I'm guessing the Atlantic element will play a bigger role though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully some Northwest Passage, find the Erebus and Terror (Franklin's lost expedition) type stuff!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ordered it!
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The brief trailer they've released so far looks quite interesting.

I was intending on getting the Xbox One at the end of October in time for AC:Unity but I'm going to delay that till Xmas.

Will allow me to get this on 360 and get stuck into it in the run up to Xmas. Then I can get the One at Xmas when it's hopefully cheaper with better deals + Unity will likely be slightly cheaper too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The brief trailer they've released so far looks quite interesting.

I was intending on getting the Xbox One at the end of October in time for AC:Unity but I'm going to delay that till Xmas.

Will allow me to get this on 360 and get stuck into it in the run up to Xmas. Then I can get the One at Xmas when it's hopefully cheaper with better deals + Unity will likely be slightly cheaper too.

Avoiding any trailers but I am excited about the Arctic stuff. I'm really interested in the whole early Arctic exploration thing and even if it isn't directly a gameplay point to explore the frozen seas, it'll be the closest I'll get gaming wise! It was the arctic that convinced me to order it!
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    This should hopefully be my last PS3 purchase and it has ties to Unity, which will no doubt be my first PS4 purchase, so that's my end of the year sorted. :D

I don't mind more boat stuff. Looking forward to exploring the Arctic and assuming the ship upgrading is still a feature, I'll do it properly this time - unlike in Black Flag when I left most of it until post-game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    This should hopefully be my last PS3 purchase and it has ties to Unity, which will no doubt be my first PS4 purchase, so that's my end of the year sorted. :D

I don't mind more boat stuff. Looking forward to exploring the Arctic and assuming the ship upgrading is still a feature, I'll do it properly this time - unlike in Black Flag when I left most of it until post-game.

How did you manage?! I'd have got battered if I hadn't upgraded the boat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How did you manage?! I'd have got battered if I hadn't upgraded the boat!

I was upgrading the boat, but just enough to get the missions done/after getting desynched loads of times. Mortars became my best friend. I wasn't heavily farming metal until after I completed the game, at a guess I'd say the Jackdaw was probably 50% upgraded.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was upgrading the boat, but just enough to get the missions done/after getting desynched loads of times. Mortars became my best friend. I wasn't heavily farming metal until after I completed the game, at a guess I'd say the Jackdaw was probably 50% upgraded.

I thought mortars were everyone's best friend! That must have been really tough! Admittedly mine still isn't fully upgraded. Missing last slot on most upgrades, probably explains how the legendary ships wreck me in short order. Managed Impolito but the others absolutely destroy me.
    I hope for ship upgrades too. Ice breakers etc. Maybe a steam engine. Many of the exploration ships had steam engines. Didn't help the Franklin Expedition much though....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought mortars were everyone's best friend! That must have been really tough! Admittedly mine still isn't fully upgraded. Missing last slot on most upgrades, probably explains how the legendary ships wreck me in short order. Managed Impolito but the others absolutely destroy me.
    I hope for ship upgrades too. Ice breakers etc. Maybe a steam engine. Many of the exploration ships had steam engines. Didn't help the Franklin Expedition much though....

One of those last missions had 2 man o' wars to try and sneak past or something like that. I ended up ditching the Jackdaw and having a lengthy swim to get to the mission checkpoint. :D I wasn't going to bother fully upgrading, but once I earned more resources through the naval contracts I thought I may as well since I had the elite plans and farming the bigger ships was getting easier. Still haven't attempted the legendary ships, because I know they require actual tactics and me spamming the mortars and cannons isn't going to cut it!

Given the terrain, an ice breaker would come in handy. From what I've read online you can utilize icebergs for cover or take them out to cause a tidal surge on enemy ships, plus other ships can attempt to board yours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of those last missions had 2 man o' wars to try and sneak past or something like that. I ended up ditching the Jackdaw and having a lengthy swim to get to the mission checkpoint. :D I wasn't going to bother fully upgrading, but once I earned more resources through the naval contracts I thought I may as well since I had the elite plans and farming the bigger ships was getting easier. Still haven't attempted the legendary ships, because I know they require actual tactics and me spamming the mortars and cannons isn't going to cut it!

Given the terrain, an ice breaker would come in handy. From what I've read online you can utilize icebergs for cover or take them out to cause a tidal surge on enemy ships, plus other ships can attempt to board yours.

Sounds great for we glorious few fans of the ships!