Options

What is the fascination with Ariana Grande?

Comments

• Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Meh. This is DS, not my thesis.

I know, was just teasing ya.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does still look like a little girl, I was surprised to read how old she is. There's a picture of her on the DM website this morning, standing next to the likes of Rita Ora, and she looks like a child who's raided her big sisters wardrobe in comparison.

Never mind though, one day she'll be glad of looking so young for her age.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't aware of her until she did that song with Iggy Azalea, which is the only song of hers I've heard. Is she a bigger deal in America than over here?
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't kick her out of the cot.
    took the liberty of correcting that for you :kitty:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    She's another bland Disney girl to me. They all start looking the same after a while. Her song is so overplayed but her personal life is her business. If she cheats then yeah it's a dick move but it's nothing I care about.

No, she's from Nickleodeon. Please do your research first. ;-)
  • Options
    storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    took the liberty of correcting that for you :kitty:

Lol.:p
  • Options
    TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind her, she's ok. Those white boots on the other hand....
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like a younger, prettier version of Cheryl. And she is a better singer and dancer than Cheryl, too.

As for the cheTing, she could dick down/munch as many wo/men as she feels she needs to; it's not our business.
  • Options
    storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's got another single out, could possibly see one more and then the end of the singles from that album.
  • Options
    steven cardwellsteven cardwell Posts: 2,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to admit i was shocked to see a story about Ariana Grande that said she was 21, before having Sky fitted last year, Vevo on the Xbox 360 was the main way we watched music videos, the playlists/channels however are not very UK friendly and are often full of acts that must be big in the US or been playlisted due to the "views" from the Vevo site, meaning artists from countries with a large population then making onto the "Pop" channel for example.

This is where i 1st saw her, this was quite a while before she became a name in the UK, the video is http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1c080h_ariana-grande-put-your-hearts-up-official-music-video_music think it is called "Put Your Hearts Up", i assumed she was just another one of these artists that appear on the likes of Vevo, that must be a US hit, but never big anywhere else, at the time this song was showing on Vevo as new, i have to admit that i thought she was about 14, but she must have been nearer 18!
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's got an incredible voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware of her until she did that song with Iggy Azalea, which is the only song of hers I've heard. Is she a bigger deal in America than over here?

Me too!

My 12 year old daughter loves her, I think from a TV prog rather than her singing though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    Me too!

My 12 year old daughter loves her, I think from a TV prog rather than her singing though.

Ah that makes sense then, from a TV show and popular with 12 year-olds... think we might be outside her demographic Mrstim :D
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My son is of an age when he watches stuff with her in it - Sam & Cat or whatever. She plays her part adequately. The other girl (from I Carly) is better.

But I can not stand her singing!! Seriously, it is painful to listen to. I have to change channel when she is on the radio. And it's a shame, as I quite like the song. But her voice!! So shouty!

But she has done well chart wise I presume so she must have a target demographic that does like her. She hasn't killed anyone and I'm sure she's kind to puppies - at least in public. So, although for the sake of my ears I hope her career is short lived, good luck to her. :D
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks very sexy in high heels and a mini skirt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah that makes sense then, from a TV show and popular with 12 year-olds... think we might be outside her demographic Mrstim :D

Lol, definitely :)
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    She looks very cute, but she's a very poor singer.
  • Options
    Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she's a poor singer I mean, she has a whistle register and if you listen to "Almost is Never Enough" or "My Everything". I think she's a talent and deserves all of her success!
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had no clue who she was until she released Problem. I think she has a great voice, but her diction is terrible.
  • Options
    couchpotato2011couchpotato2011 Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw her leaked pics today, she's alright.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw her leaked pics today, she's alright.

Her representative is saying they're fake. Whether they actually are or not, who knows.
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Well she looks good, I certainly wouldn't kick her out of bed!!
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her representative is saying they're fake. Whether they actually are or not, who knows.

I accidently stumbled across a comparison picture and the pussies match.
    I mean a cat she was carrying and one in the so called fake picture.

Not that I give a crap. Everytime some gutter story comes up I google it.
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't mind her, she's a much better person than her brother :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I accidently stumbled across a comparison picture and the pussies match.
    I mean a cat she was carrying and one in the so called fake picture.

Not that I give a crap. Everytime some gutter story comes up I google it.

Yeah I've heard people say they must be real because she's wearing the same jewellery in them as photos she's Tweeted herself. I was just going from her official denial of them.